Thread: Hi from the UK

Default Hi from the UK

Hi Clubsnap,

I shall be staying in Singapore on my journey to and from NZ. Just trying to gather as much inof. as possible when I do visit so I don't waste my valuable time and discovered your excellent site.

I mainly study architecture www.dochurst.co.uk but will try to capture as much as my memory cards will allow on this journey

Regards

cR

Blog Entries

Default Re: Hi from the UK

Hi, welcome to CS and our little island nation

ask away and i am sure that we will help you if we can

Thank you for the welcome Ortega

cR

Hi Cat,
    Welcome to CS, you can try the official visit singapore websites to look for interesting place,

http://www.visitsingapore.com/publis...l/en/home.html

or look at this thread for Singapore interesting place,
    Listing for Land/City-scapes Venues - SINGAPORE
    you can search "Singapore" for photo thread in this forum for Singapore shots also.
    Land/City-scapes and Travel
    Sony Alpha 700 hobbyist

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cat ryan View Post
    Thank you for the welcome Ortega

cR
    what genre of photography do you intend to shoot while in singapore

Thanks zcf.

Ortaga,

I am probably going for architectural primarily (day and night scenes) looking for something a little different, then landscape and wildlife. Just a variation from what I have available here to capture and a stock base for competitions etc.

Quite interested in street scenes as they are so colourful.

I have found the Bird parks very useful in the past as they are large aviaries rather than small cages over here.

I did visit about 3 yrs ago and so have a basic idea of what is in the city centre, but very basic and pre digital.

I shall of course post some once I have returned.

cheers

cR

Welcome

read more
    shoot more
    post more
    Michael Lim
    My Flickr Site

Welcome!

You did mention about the memory cards being a limitation for the number of shots you took. If you weren't joking (English humor is always difficult to digest ), I'd suggest getting a portable harddrive or what they call "photobanks" where you can slot in the CF cards into the bank, have all photos transferred over, and format the card in your camera. That way, you can shoot as much as you want

Cheers,
    Zexun
    Our pictures are our footprints. Itís the best way to tell people we were here - JoeMcnally | Flickr

Thanks headshotzx,Zac08

I shall have my lappy with me to download. I had considered one of these in the past but decided to wait until they refined a little more and reduced in price

cR
    Last edited by cat ryan; 11th November 2008 at 02:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by cat ryan View Post
    Thanks zcf.

Ortaga,

I am probably going for architectural primarily (day and night scenes) looking for something a little different, then landscape and wildlife. Just a variation from what I have available here to capture and a stock base for competitions etc.

Quite interested in street scenes as they are so colourful.

I have found the Bird parks very useful in the past as they are large aviaries rather than small cages over here.

I did visit about 3 yrs ago and so have a basic idea of what is in the city centre, but very basic and pre digital.

I shall of course post some once I have returned.

cheers

cR
    hi cR,

which part of the uk do you hail from?

singapore isn't quite smothered in wildlife; but it does have areas where they are to be found in abundance; unless cats will suffice, in which case we have them almost everywhere in our signature housing estates.

for architecture, if you are comfortable with modern skyscrapers, then city hall will be a great location, a quick search on sites like flickr would probably reveal the common subjects. for something more unusual you can try relatively preserved housing estates like tiong bahru.

city hall is also good for night scenes, as is the kallang basin.

if you wish to have someone bring you around, etc; do let me know, i can arrange something for you.