Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: What are you doing inside the tank?

  1. #1

    Default What are you doing inside the tank?

    While I was visiting New Zealand at Milford Deep Underwater Observetory, I caught up with this little fish and quickly snap a shot it.

    The difference is; I'm actually the "fish" in the tank while the real fish was in its nature habitat. The depth was around 10m and without any artificial lighting

    The camera setting is as followed;

    Camera: Canon 450D
    Lens: EFS 18-55mm IS
    F-stop: f/5.6
    Exposure: 1/13 sec
    Focal: 55mm
    Metering: Spot



    Any C&C is welcome.
    Last edited by nuthead; 10th November 2008 at 02:27 PM.

  2. #2

    Default Re: What are you doing inside the tank?

    i don't really get what you are trying to bring across here
    "We will see Him, coming down the clouds from heaven... In Majesty"

  3. #3

    Default Re: What are you doing inside the tank?

    my 2 cents.
    I can see that the fish seems to be looking at the camera.
    That's really about it. The colours seems a little off to be and i think its a little oof

  4. #4

    Default Re: What are you doing inside the tank?

    Quote Originally Posted by ShyanL View Post
    my 2 cents.
    I can see that the fish seems to be looking at the camera.
    That's really about it. The colours seems a little off to be and i think its a little oof
    Thanks. Noted.

    The only avail. light source is 10m above, sunlight.

  5. #5

    Default Re: What are you doing inside the tank?

    Fish was in its natural habitat? Didn't know aquariums, even the biggest ones, were considered natural.
    Research Institute for Unicultural Visual Arts - Riuva.com

  6. #6

    Default Re: What are you doing inside the tank?

    Quote Originally Posted by tjhan View Post
    Fish was in its natural habitat? Didn't know aquariums, even the biggest ones, were considered natural.
    haha... I'm actually the one in the aquarium, while the fish is free to go anywhere it like unrestricted

  7. #7

    Default Re: What are you doing inside the tank?

    OH I get what you mean! It's not an aquarium like the Underwater World, but just a viewing window which faces the sea underwater right?
    Research Institute for Unicultural Visual Arts - Riuva.com

  8. #8

    Default Re: What are you doing inside the tank?

    Quote Originally Posted by tjhan View Post
    OH I get what you mean! It's not an aquarium like the Underwater World, but just a viewing window which faces the sea underwater right?
    yupe

    So, have to take the fish based on the sunlight above ground and only slow shutter speed to take the pic.

    Not very striking except the subject as it was the only object in the pic and the seaweed in the background is hardly visible.

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Clementi
    Posts
    10,596

    Default Re: What are you doing inside the tank?

    Quote Originally Posted by nuthead View Post
    ...
    Not very striking except the subject as it was the only object in the pic and the seaweed in the background is hardly visible.
    Well, you already recognised that it isn't a very striking image with much background in context either. There must be some level of self-critique; one should have pride for his/her work and not just post any image asking for critique.

    Secondly, you did not include a write-up with your statement of intent, what fields you intend to seek critique on and so on. You may like to take a look here on how to do a proper write-up.

  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore
    Posts
    1,002

    Default Re: What are you doing inside the tank?

    i like your concept.. but the picture didn't bring out what you intended to express..

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •