Thread: early morning photography...

Default early morning photography...

going to cover an MP tree planting ceremony in the early early morning.

what i am thinking to do is set to AV for most of the shots, M for people shots and switch to Burst mode during the actual ceremony itself. a 50mm prime @5.6~8 should be enough with iso200. Will be handholding the camera.

for early morning need anything else? I hope it wont be a super bright bright day or else have to custom exposure with every shot.
    Last edited by Flashbulb; 9th November 2008 at 06:32 AM.
    I photograph the dead.

Default Re: early morning photography...

get a wideangle, go as close as you could, else you will be shooting other people backside.

btw, use flash.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

Quote Originally Posted by Flashbulb View Post
    for early morning need anything else? I hope it wont be a super bright bright day or else have to custom exposure with every shot.
    Shooting outdoors, you will have to ride your exposure settings, as long as there are clouds moving, or the minister moves into shaded areas. I would rather control it myself, as Av is normally easily fooled by dark or bright shirts or other dark/bright objects within frame.

Learning to spotmeter on your prioritised subject and adjusting exposure on the fly, especially outdoors, is undeniably useful.

Cool Re: early morning photography...

i would recommend using a zoom lens (able to go wide angle) instead of a prime lens, as sometimes u are forced by situations when u can't move or need to take that photo at that point of time. this is when a zoom lens comes in handy.

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post
    get a wideangle, go as close as you could, else you will be shooting other people backside.

btw, use flash.
    i'll go with this bro, use ur flash!

btw flash is not for night use only. it's for all day use too. but then again depend on the man behind the camera anyway.