Page 37 of 50 FirstFirst ... 12273235363738394247 ... LastLast

Thread: LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB- You'll Never Walk Alone! (31) so nice to see manCircle buang

Default Re: LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB- You'll Never Walk Alone! (31) so nice to see manCircle b

Most of them 2nd String player....... Benitez playing with fire

Default Re: LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB- You'll Never Walk Alone! (31) so nice to see manCircle b

thanks for the link Taurean.

what a goal by riera !

David Ngog can finish better than Rubbish King

Quote Originally Posted by Taurean View Post
    Woohoo... won 3-1! Better than I expected.
    wa so nice!!! thanks for the clips!! woooo!

i tot we will jus go there n soak it up.

riera!!!!

power siah! last time zhapchit used to score goals like tat mah!
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

Quote Originally Posted by Whitelion View Post
    David Ngog can finish better than Rubbish King
    rubbish king terok like keropok la.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitelion View Post
    Most of them 2nd String player....... Benitez playing with fire
    ya, but rest players liao since we through. EPL now more important.

go LIVERPOOL!! gogogo!!!

BENITEZ DELIGHTED WITH YOUNG STARS

Posted 09/12/08 22:08

Rafael Benitez hailed Liverpool's young brigade as they produced a compelling victory that made the Spaniard a record breaker.

A comfortable 3-1 win over PSV Eindhoven in the final Champions League Group D match means Benitez has now won 40 games in Europe as Liverpool manager, surpassing Bob Paisley's previous mark of 39.

Ryan Babel's first-half equaliser to cancel out Danko Lazovic's opener was also Liverpool's 300th goal in the European Cup.

Liverpool pipped Atletico Madrid for top spot in the group and have now gone eight group matches unbeaten.

Albert Riera and David Ngog scored classy second-half goals which sent PSV tumbling out of Europe, unable even to qualify for the UEFA Cup.

Benitez was able to enjoy the second half, giving European debuts to three locally produced youngsters, Stephen Darby, Jay Spearing and Martin Kelly.

Benitez said: "We wanted to win the group to make sure that we had the second leg of the next round at Anfield.

"And there were so many positive things to take from this performance. We were able to use three young lads, and the performances of two other young players, Lucas and Ngog, were outstanding.

"We were able to make a lot of changes and all the players coming in did well.

"Diego Cavalieri in goal was very good, Ryan scored a fine goal and worked hard throughout."

The victory gave Liverpool their highest points tally ever in a Champions League group stage, and Benitez added: "Once we had got level we were always a threat.

"I was very pleased with the overall performance, we are always able to say that people like Jamie Carragher, Alvaro Arbeloa and Daniel Agger have played well.

"But this time we are able to say that about young lads and many of our squad players.

"We have won the group and that gives us growing confidence. We will now be drawn against a team who have finished second in their group, and we cannot play the other English sides at the next stage.

"I can only hope for a good draw next week and look forward to a second leg in front of our own fans in the next round."

PSV coach Huub Stevens maintained that his side were able to "leave the pitch with their heads held high."

But his side's second-half capitulation certainly disappointed the fans.

He said: "Liverpool were more experienced, we made some silly mistakes in the first-half and kept repeating them in the second period.

"But I felt we started the game well, even if initially a little doubtful. And we deserved to be in the lead.

"But we conceded a goal seconds before the break and the mood in the dressing room at half-time was one of great disappointment.

"But the way we had played in that opening spell gives me confidence for our games to come in the league."

KUHN TIPS LIVERPOOL OVER UNITED

Posted 09/12/08 18:21

Aalborg's stand-in coach Allan Kuhn is confident Liverpool, not Manchester United will win the Champions League this season.

Kuhn takes his team to Old Trafford on Wednesday, the final game of a 12-match stint in charge following the dismissal of Bruce Rioch.

Aalborg are unbeaten during Kuhn's time in office, a run he does concede might end against the European Cup holders.

But when asked whether he thought United would successfully defend their crown in Rome next year, Kuhn's response was emphatic.

"No. They won't win it again," he said.

"Liverpool will. I am a Liverpool fan, so that is what I hope will happen.

"Manchester United are a great side, but I think it will be more difficult for them this time. Maybe they got a little luck with the John Terry penalty.

"You do need luck to win the Champions League, but there are a lot of great teams around to give them a fight."

Kuhn brings a confident squad to Old Trafford but does bemoan the loss of former Wigan star Andreas Johansson to suspension - because it costs Aalborg some of the little European experience they do have.

However, captain Thomas Augustinussen is promising United a much sterner test than they received in Denmark when the visitors ran away with the game.

Augustinussen hardly helped with one major blunder.

Yet overall, he feels life at Aalborg has improved markedly since the change in manager.

"We haven't lost a game since Allan came in," said Augustinussen.

"Some small details have been changed, which means our defence is better. That means our attack has improved as well.

"Our confidence is much higher and has kept improving since Allan took over.

"We are a better team - there is no doubt about that.

"We have so much self-belief. We feel we can beat any team in the world."

Rather surprisingly given his record in charge, Kuhn - who used to be Rioch's assistant - will return to his job as number two on January 1 when Magnus Pehrsson arrives from GAIS Gothenburg on a three-year contract.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake View Post
    wa so nice!!! thanks for the clips!! woooo!

i tot we will jus go there n soak it up.

riera!!!!

power siah! last time zhapchit used to score goals like tat mah!
    mine better leh

Quote Originally Posted by zhapchit View Post
    mine better leh
    urs got kengjio effect.

match highlights for download http://www.mediafire.com/?wjk2oyzmtfm

Quote Originally Posted by Taurean View Post
    Woohoo... won 3-1! Better than I expected.
    Good stuff, Taurean. Thanks for the links.

chel$ki almost tio kicked out

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake View Post
    chel$ki almost tio kicked out
    It is good they are still in the CL. One more competition to distract them from the EPL. Also it is better to see Chel$ki tio kicked out from CL by Liverpool
    Canon 80D|Panasonic LX3/LX5
    35f2 IS|50f1.8|85f1.8|12-24f4|18-135f4-5.6 IS|28-75f2.8

Quote Originally Posted by kelccm View Post
    It is good they are still in the CL. One more competition to distract them from the EPL. Also it is better to see Chel$ki tio kicked out from CL by Liverpool

I was going to post the same thing

Quote Originally Posted by grumpy View Post
    I was going to post the same thing
    standby blood for vomitting all the wayang diving and drama.

Quote Originally Posted by kelccm View Post
    wa correct. hope they will buang more in the EPL.

Saw the highlights, looks like Babel is quite selfish as usual while Keane has been contributing to the team as usual. Ngog, dunno, but his finishing pretty looks good so far with the limited ganes he has played, quite cool in front of goal and 1 on 1.

RAFA: LET`S STAY LEADERS OF THE PACK

Posted 10/12/08 15:21

Liverpool manager Rafael Benitez is determined his team will still be top of the Barclays Premier League when they return to Champions League action in February.

Benitez is likely to agree a new contract soon, maybe even by the end of the week after Reds chief executive Rick Parry met with his representatives in Madrid yesterday, it was encouraging that many of his tactical and selection decisions were vindicated in the convincing 3-1 win against PSV Eindhoven.

It was a night in Holland which saw Liverpool win their Champions League group and justify Benitez's faith in his supporting cast, who were on cruise control at the end against a deflated PSV who failed even to qualify for the UEFA Cup.

Benitez is believed to be happy with an offer from the American owners of three more years to add to the 18 months he has remaining on his current contract, keeping him in control until 2013.

But for the moment the Spaniard will be looking forward to two-and-a-half months of Premier League action which could make or break their bid to win the title for the first time in 18 years.

With no European matches to worry about before the last-16 phase begins in late January, and only the FA Cup as a distraction, Benitez and his squad can focus on their main aim - the title race.

Liverpool have 10 league games in that time, starting at home to Hull on Saturday, and the former Valencia manager has every intention of seeing his side still top before European football comes around again.

He said: "We now have almost three months to concentrate on the Premier League, and the FA Cup. We would want to go back into Europe next year still top of the table.

"We have qualified for the next stage in Europe, we are top of the Premier League, and now we concentrate on domestic considerations. We do not want to give up top spot, if we are still there when we start up again in Europe, the chances of a really good season will be obvious."

Benitez was delighted to see youngsters Lucas and David Ngog produce telling performances, along with the misfiring Robbie Keane.

Having had the club's youth structure also thrust under the microscope, Benitez was more than happy to sing the praises, too, of local boys Stephen Darby, Jay Spearing and Martin Kelly who made their European debuts.

Kelly, a strapping central defender from Bolton, Spearing a busy midfielder from Wirral and Liverpudlian full-back Darby all stepped up to the plate.

As did Lucas, booed recently by the Anfield crowd, and striker Ngog. Keane, too, had a more than decent game.

Benitez said: "I was so pleased to be able to give three local lads their debuts in the Champions League, it is something I have been wanting to do because we do have good young players coming through.

"Myself and the staff, as well as his team-mates, know that Lucas is a very good player.

"He showed that he has character and quality. With Ngog he has a very bright future at Liverpool. They have not played too many games for the club, but they showed with good performances that they have futures with Liverpool.

"In a few months you can see the progress they have made, and in a few months they will still be improving.

"Maybe Lucas has been spurred on by some of the criticism. But this week he has shown he is a good professional and his reaction to questions about his form and the reaction to him from some fans recently, has been very good."

Benitez added: "I have been impressed. But for the people at the club who work with him, this has not been a surprise. He can pass the ball, he can work really well and he has a great future at this club.

"He supported the front players, he went forward well and he did a great job from midfield.

"It is always good to see young players get their chances in the first-team. Especially in Europe.

"Things are improving. A few years back when we had already qualified like this season, we played Galatasaray in Istanbul and we used young players and lost.

"It shows our improvement that we have used young players this time in the same situation, and we have won.

"It is good to bring players through, whether from the academy or when we have signed them from abroad.

"It was good not to have to bring on Steven Gerrard from the bench to win us a game. It has been good to give a opportunity to these boys, I could not be happier with them."

no 4-5-1 plsssssss

KEANE KEEN TO PROVE HIMSELF

Posted 10/12/08 15:15

Robbie Keane has left no-one in any doubt that he intends to prove himself at Liverpool.

The 20million Irish striker went into Liverpool's final Champions League group match with a huge question mark over his future at the club amid reports he could return to Tottenham in the January transfer window.

And boss Rafael Benitez found himself having to tell the player that he would not be sold in the new year after a difficult few months trying to acclimatise himself at Anfield.

But after a much-improved performance in the comfortable 3-1 victory over PSV Eindhoven in the Philips stadion on Tuesday, Keane was significantly only prepared to discuss his long-term aims at the club.

He said: "I am happy with my own performance, I was delighted to play in a position that I like, just off the striker.

"It meant that I was always involved, and I got an assist with the third goal. Yes, I like scoring, but I always like helping others get their goals too.

"My confidence has not been affected by things that have been said about me, things like that never get me down.

"I am confident that I will score a lot of goals for this club, I am not worried about the way things have gone, there is a lot more to come from me.

"Some players would let their heads go down and they would be crying, but I am too strong for that.

"I have only been here a few months, and it takes time to settle, so it is too early to judge me now.

"I am always confident in own ability, I have scored a lot of goals in the past, and that ability doesn't go away just like that.

"But I accept that at club like Liverpool, as a striker you are judged on the goals you score. I love scoring goals, but I also love being involved.

"I am just as pleased with assists so I will carry on doing that and it will be fine."