Page 36 of 50 FirstFirst ... 11263134353637384146 ... LastLast

Thread: LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB- You'll Never Walk Alone! (31) so nice to see manCircle buang

Default Re: LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB- You'll Never Walk Alone! (31) so nice to see manCircle b

Quote Originally Posted by zaren View Post
    and hotcakes wins the EPL?
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

Deregistered

Default Re: LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB- You'll Never Walk Alone! (31) so nice to see manCircle b

hotcakes win, i think liverpool can win all cups.

Let's get ready to GUESS GUESS GUESS!

Correct Score Prediction = 3points!

Correct 1st Scorer for LFC = 1point!

Correct Last Scorer for LFC = 1point!

Hat-Trick Hero Perfect Guess Guess Guess! = 5points!

so in any game, the max point a participant can net is a total of 10points.

Sorting Out the Grey Areas.

1). in the event of 1-0 end result, the 1st scorer will be taken as the last scorer even though the participant might haf anticipated 2-0 or 22-0 and haf listed someone else as the last scorer.

2). the prediction is good till the Final Whistle, which includes Extra-time but not Penalty Shootout.

League Table

1). grumpy 26pts
    2). zhapchit 28pts
    3). cheesecake 22pts
    4). blazer workz 22pts
    5). airfins 20pts
    6). boresome 19pts
    7). domdomino 16pts
    8). Taurean 13pts
    9). jfoo 13pts
    10). canew 11pts
    11). roDz 8pts
    12). kelccm 7pts
    13). obfuscate 6pts
    14). Parchiao 3pt
    15). mario_Pittas 3pts
    16). goondu 1pt
    17). dfstan 1pt

HAT-TRICK HERO!!

1). airfins 26 Nov, 2008 LFC 1 vs. Marseille 0 (Stevie G)
    2). CC 30 Nov, 2008 Chel$ki 1 vs. Gooners 2 (RVP X 2)

let's get ready to GUESS GUESS GUESS!!

06 Dec, 2008

Blackburn Rovers vs. LFC!!

ewood park.

3-1 (Alonso, Stevie G)

1). 2-1 LFC wins!! (Rubbish King X 2) CC -- > 0pt!!
    2). 5-0 LFC WIN (Gerrard, Kuyt) blazer_workz -- > 0pt!!
    3). 3-0 LFC WIN!! (Stevie G, Stevie G) zhapchit -- > 0pt!!
    4). 3-1 LFC Win! (Kuyt,keane) roDz -- > 3pts!!
    5). 3-0 Liverpool wins! (1st.: S. Gerrard, Last: S. Gerrard), S. Gerrard hattrick! Canew. -- > 1pt!!
    6). 2-0 LFC wins (Kite, Gerrard) jfoo -- > 1pt!!
    7). 2-0 LFC WINS! ( rubbish king , kite ) domdomino -- > 0pt!!
    8). 4-2 LFC WINS (Gerrard, Babel) kelccm -- > 0pt!!
    9). 3-2 LIVERPOOL WIN! (Gerrard, Keane) boresome -- > 0pt!!
    10). 2-1 LFC Wins (gerrard, keane) Taurean -- > 0pt!!
    11). 2-0 Liverpoll win (babel, Alonso) obfuscate -- > 0pt!!

1). in the event of 1-0 end result, the 1st scorer will be taken as the last scorer even though the participant might haf anticipated 2-0 or 22-0 and haf listed someone else as the last scorer.

2). the prediction is good till the Final Whistle, which includes Extra-time but not Penalty Shootout.

League Table

1). grumpy 26pts
    2). zhapchit 28pts
    3). cheesecake 22pts
    4). blazer workz 22pts
    5). airfins 20pts
    6). boresome 19pts
    7). domdomino 16pts
    8). Taurean 13pts
    9). jfoo 13pts
    10). canew 11pts
    11). roDz 8pts
    12). kelccm 7pts
    13). obfuscate 6pts
    14). Parchiao 3pt
    15). mario_Pittas 3pts
    16). goondu 1pt
    17). dfstan 1pt

HAT-TRICK HERO!!

06 Dec, 2008

Blackburn Rovers vs. LFC!!

ewood park.

3-1 (Alonso, Stevie G)

3). 3-0 LFC WIN!! (Stevie G, Stevie G) zhapchit -- > 1pt!!(Correction)
    4). 3-1 LFC Win! (Kuyt,keane) roDz -- > 3pts!!
    5). 3-0 Liverpool wins! (1st.: S. Gerrard, Last: S. Gerrard), S. Gerrard hattrick! Canew. -- > 1pt!!
    6). 2-0 LFC wins (Kite, Gerrard) jfoo -- > 1pt!!

League Table

1). zhapchit 29pts
    2). grumpy 26pts
    3). cheesecake 22pts
    4). blazer workz 22pts
    5). airfins 20pts
    6). boresome 19pts
    7). domdomino 16pts
    8). jfoo 14pts
    9). Taurean 13pts
    10). canew 12pts
    11). roDz 11pts
    12). kelccm 7pts
    13). obfuscate 6pts
    14). Parchiao 3pt
    15). mario_Pittas 3pts
    16). goondu 1pt
    17). dfstan 1pt

HAT-TRICK HERO!!

09/12/08

PSV vs. LFC!

Philips Stadion

Champs League

1). 0-0 DRAW! cheesecake

PSV TARGET UEFA CUP SPOT

PSV Eindhoven still hold an outside chance of reaching the UEFA Cup ahead of their final Champions League group D match with Liverpool at the Philips Stadion.

The Dutch side only have three points to their name so far and need a draw to avoid their worst ever showing in a group stage.

They also need to better the result of Marseille, who face Atletico Madrid, to progress into Europe's secondry competition.

Even though Liverpool have already qualified, coach Huub Stevens is not expecting an easy ride.

He said: "Will Liverpool start with the best line-up? I don't really know but you don't like to lose.

"We want to give the supporters something to enjoy. Then the result will be okay, I'm sure about that."

Forwards Danny Koevermans (calf) and Nordin Amrabat (groin) are doubtful, while Mexico defender Carlos Salcido could be omitted after he hit out at Stevens in the local press.

Jan Kromkamp (ankle) and Ibrahim Afellay (ankle) are both set to miss out.

LEAVE LUCAS ALONE - BENITEZ

Posted 08/12/08 14:49

Rafael Benitez has launched a passionate defence of Brazilian youngster Lucas ahead of Tuesday's final Champions League group game in Eindhoven.

The 21-year-old has his critics among Liverpool fans, some of whom gave the midfielder a rough time last month in the frustrating 0-0 draw with Fulham.

Many within the Anfield hierarchy were surprised to hear supporters booing one of their own players, and Benitez's reaction was to defiantly leave Lucas on the pitch for the full 90 minutes, ignoring the clamour to replace him.

Since then it is understood that Benitez had to listen to further attacks on the 5million signing when he attended a charity dinner last week in Liverpool with assistant manager Sammy Lee.

Lucas and Robbie Keane were singled out for criticism during a question and answer session at the dinner involving several TV pundits and fans.

That may explain why Benitez has suddenly become fulsome in his praise for the Brazil Under-21 captain, who is expected to figure prominently in the side which faces PSV Eindhoven in the final Group D match in the Philips Stadion.

Robbie Keane was the only striker in the 18-strong party which flew to Holland.

Dirk Kuyt was left behind with a minor hamstring injury, although Benitez had planned to rest the Dutchman.

Benitez will use several of his squad players in Holland and could rest - at least from the start - the likes of Steven Gerrard, Jose Reina and Alvaro Arbeloa.

He said: "People just don't know how good Lucas is. He is a fantastic player, he was captain of his club side at 19 and has already won full caps with Brazil.

"Not just any country, but Brazil. He has captained their Under-21s and their Olympic team.

"He has a very good mentality. When you talk of Brazilian players you know they are skilful with ability. But Lucas is a worker and has a very good approach.

"He can tackle, he can pass the ball and he can win in the air. He is still a very young player learning to live in a different country.

"It is not easy for him to get into the team, considering the quality of the opposition he has to face in that department at Anfield.

"He is competing against Javier Mascherano, the captain of Argentina and against one of the best players in the world, Steven Gerrard, who has also captained his country.

"And then there is Xabi Alonso, who is now a European champion for club and country.

"That shows how difficult it is for a young player to compete with them, and it shows the quality in our midfield."

Liverpool have already qualified for the last 16 with their only objective now being to finish top of the group ahead of Atletico Madrid.

Benitez's side remained top of the Barclays Premier League with Saturday's 3-1 win at Blackburn, where Keane was left on the bench, although Lucas came on for Mascherano in the final minutes.

But with Fernando Torres still out with a hamstring injury, Keane will start.

Daniel Agger will return after being rested at Blackburn and Jamie Carragher will have to play because the other central defender in the UEFA-registered squad is Martin Skrtel, who is injured.

Ryan Babel and Yossi Benayoun both played at Ewood Park and could keep their places, but Benitez's clear annoyance with the criticism of Lucas could well see the Brazilian also given an opportunity to prove the critics wrong.

BENITEZ: IT`S NOT ABOUT MONEY

Posted 08/12/08 19:15

Liverpool boss Rafael Benitez has hit out at claims he has demanded a massive pay rise in negotiations over a new contract.

The Anfield chief, in Holland preparing his side for Tuesday's final Champions League group D match with PSV Eindhoven, is furious that his contract extension talks are being depicted as money-orientated.

Benitez claims he instructed his agent, holding talks with owners Tom Hicks and George Gillett over a new deal to replace his current contract which runs out in 18 months, not to talk about money first.

Benitez initially wanted to explain about Robbie Keane's future and insisted the Irishman would not be sold in the next transfer window.

But his own future at Anfield has become the main talking point following claims that contract talks have stalled over cash demands.

Benitez, however, said: "I was surprised by what I read. Surprised that I have seen that I was demanding more money. That is not true.

"I told my agent when he went into the talks to not talk about money, the question was about the length of the contract, and after that it was my role. The last question was about the money.

"So when you see things said (about money), it means people are either not telling the truth or that people have very bad information or they want to create a mess.

"I was very disappointed with this. I say again, it is not true. I was not asking for anything, just telling my advisors to go to the meeting and hear what they (the owners) want. The owners were talking about an extension.

"Again I say, people have very bad information. Hopefully it will be resolved sooner rather than later, but I do not know when.

"I was pleased with the first meeting, and more so in the second meeting, that was better. Again I am very clear, people are trying to create a mess and I do not know why."

Initial claims were that the owners are prepared to only offer a two-year extension, with Benitez clearly wanting more.

He said: "We are talking about more (years) now, and we are happy with the talks."

Benitez will put aside his contract talks to try to claim top spot in group D, which will assure a home second leg in the first knock-out stage after Christmas.

But Keane's future, following claims that he could be sold in January, was made clear by Benitez.

He said: "Robbie's future is to be ready, to score goals and to work for the team.

"In football we know we have signed a good player, you cannot guarantee anyone's position. In some games he has to work hard.

"The challenge is there for him. When you sign a player for a lot of money, that is it. He becomes another player in the squad and he has to fight for his position.

"I do not know whether his confidence has been affected, we will see tomorrow.

"Clearly he has to show character, and show you are a good player. When we decide to sign him we knew he was a good player.

"I do not need to talk too much on this. A lot of top clubs have very expensive players, they have four of them on the bench every week.

"He has to know he needs to fight and work hard. But he has a future here, why not?"

Benitez added: "I have a lot of patience, with everybody. He will be here after the January window, it is not my idea to sell him.

"We are always working with the players, explaining and clarifying what they need to do for the team. Robbie is no different."

Benitez will make changes for the PSV clash, with Brazilian youngster Lucas expected to start the match, despite criticism from fans in recent weeks.

Lucas was booed by the Anfield fans during the recent home game with Fulham, and Benitez said: "Lucas is a clever player with character.

"And he can look at the fact that we are top of the table (in England) and he has been a part of that.

"I do not like to hear my players booed by our own fans, we want to progress together towards our goals. Lucas has explained that the fans are anxious because of our position and the desire to win the league and I can understand that."

The Brazilian midfielder said: "It has been a difficult time for me, particularly in the Fulham game.

"I know I have to improve my performances, but we are top of the league and qualified for the next stage in Europe.

"But I understand the fans, they are anxious and want to see us win, it has been a very long time since Liverpool won the title, and I want to help them end that wait."

Deregistered

League Table

1). zhapchit 29pts
    2). grumpy 26pts
    3). cheesecake 22pts
    4). blazer workz 22pts
    5). airfins 20pts
    6). boresome 19pts
    7). domdomino 16pts
    8). jfoo 14pts
    9). Taurean 13pts
    10). canew 12pts
    11). roDz 11pts
    12). kelccm 7pts
    13). obfuscate 6pts
    14). Parchiao 3pt
    15). mario_Pittas 3pts
    16). goondu 1pt
    17). dfstan 1pt

HAT-TRICK HERO!!

09/12/08

PSV vs. LFC!

Philips Stadion

Champs League

1). 0-0 DRAW! cheesecake
    2). 2-1 LIVERPOOL WIN ! ( Alonso , Stevie G ) domdomino

KEANE SET TO START

Posted 08/12/08 11:46

Robbie Keane seems set to lead Liverpool's attack in their final Champions League group D match away to PSV Eindhoven.

Off-form Keane was left on the bench on Saturday when Liverpool won 3-1 at Blackburn, but was in the party of 18 that travelled to Holland.

Dutchman Dirk Kuyt was rested and did not travel to his homeland. Liverpool were without injured pair Fernando Torres (hamstring) and Fabio Aurelio (calf), while Sami Hyypia is not registered with UEFA for the group matches.

Nabil El Zhar and Emiliano Insua - both involved at Blackburn - are also not registered for this stage. Boss Benitez has added reserve keeper Martin Kelly, plus local products Stephen Darby and Jay Spearing, to the squad.

Liverpool (from): Reina, Cavalieri, Kelly, Dossena, Agger, Riera, Gerrard, Alonso, Mascherano, Benayoun, Keane, Arbeloa, Babel, Lucas, Carragher, Ngog, Spearing, Darby

League Table

1). zhapchit 29pts
    2). grumpy 26pts
    3). cheesecake 22pts
    4). blazer workz 22pts
    5). airfins 20pts
    6). boresome 19pts
    7). domdomino 16pts
    8). jfoo 14pts
    9). Taurean 13pts
    10). canew 12pts
    11). roDz 11pts
    12). kelccm 7pts
    13). obfuscate 6pts
    14). Parchiao 3pt
    15). mario_Pittas 3pts
    16). goondu 1pt
    17). dfstan 1pt

HAT-TRICK HERO!!

09/12/08

PSV vs. LFC!

Philips Stadion

Champs League

1). 0-0 DRAW! cheesecake
    3). 1-1 Draw! (Keane) roDz

League Table

1). zhapchit 29pts
    2). grumpy 26pts
    3). cheesecake 22pts
    4). blazer workz 22pts
    5). airfins 20pts
    6). boresome 19pts
    7). domdomino 16pts
    8). jfoo 14pts
    9). Taurean 13pts
    10). canew 12pts
    11). roDz 11pts
    12). kelccm 7pts
    13). obfuscate 6pts
    14). Parchiao 3pt
    15). mario_Pittas 3pts
    16). goondu 1pt
    17). dfstan 1pt

HAT-TRICK HERO!!

09/12/08

PSV vs. LFC!

Philips Stadion

Champs League

1). 0-0 DRAW! cheesecake
    4). 1-1 Draw! (Keane) jfoo

League Table

1). zhapchit 29pts
    2). grumpy 26pts
    3). cheesecake 22pts
    4). blazer workz 22pts
    5). airfins 20pts
    6). boresome 19pts
    7). domdomino 16pts
    8). jfoo 14pts
    9). Taurean 13pts
    10). canew 12pts
    11). roDz 11pts
    12). kelccm 7pts
    13). obfuscate 6pts
    14). Parchiao 3pt
    15). mario_Pittas 3pts
    16). goondu 1pt
    17). dfstan 1pt

HAT-TRICK HERO!!

09/12/08

PSV vs. LFC!

Philips Stadion

Champs League

1). 0-0 DRAW! cheesecake
    5). 1-0 LFC WIN! (Gerrard) Taurean

League Table

1). zhapchit 29pts
    2). grumpy 26pts
    3). cheesecake 22pts
    4). blazer workz 22pts
    5). airfins 20pts
    6). boresome 19pts
    7). domdomino 16pts
    8). jfoo 14pts
    9). Taurean 13pts
    10). canew 12pts
    11). roDz 11pts
    12). kelccm 7pts
    13). obfuscate 6pts
    14). Parchiao 3pt
    15). mario_Pittas 3pts
    16). goondu 1pt
    17). dfstan 1pt

HAT-TRICK HERO!!

09/12/08

PSV vs. LFC!

Philips Stadion

Champs League

1). 0-0 DRAW! cheesecake
    6). 1-0 LFC WIN! (Keane) zhapchit

League Table

1). zhapchit 29pts
    2). grumpy 26pts
    3). cheesecake 22pts
    4). blazer workz 22pts
    5). airfins 20pts
    6). boresome 19pts
    7). domdomino 16pts
    8). jfoo 14pts
    9). Taurean 13pts
    10). canew 12pts
    11). roDz 11pts
    12). kelccm 7pts
    13). obfuscate 6pts
    14). Parchiao 3pt
    15). mario_Pittas 3pts
    16). goondu 1pt
    17). dfstan 1pt

HAT-TRICK HERO!!

09/12/08

PSV vs. LFC!

Philips Stadion

Champs League

1). 0-0 DRAW! cheesecake
    7). 2-1 Liverpool wins! (1st.: R. Keane, Last: S. Gerrard) Canew.

League Table

1). zhapchit 29pts
    2). grumpy 26pts
    3). cheesecake 22pts
    4). blazer workz 22pts
    5). airfins 20pts
    6). boresome 19pts
    7). domdomino 16pts
    8). jfoo 14pts
    9). Taurean 13pts
    10). canew 12pts
    11). roDz 11pts
    12). kelccm 7pts
    13). obfuscate 6pts
    14). Parchiao 3pt
    15). mario_Pittas 3pts
    16). goondu 1pt
    17). dfstan 1pt

HAT-TRICK HERO!!

09/12/08

PSV vs. LFC!

Philips Stadion

Champs League

1). 0-0 DRAW! cheesecake
    7). 2-1 Liverpool wins! (1st.: R. Keane, Last: S. Gerrard) Canew
    8). 1-0 LFC WIN! (Lucas) grumpy

League Table

1). zhapchit 29pts
    2). grumpy 26pts
    3). cheesecake 22pts
    4). blazer workz 22pts
    5). airfins 20pts
    6). boresome 19pts
    7). domdomino 16pts
    8). jfoo 14pts
    9). Taurean 13pts
    10). canew 12pts
    11). roDz 11pts
    12). kelccm 7pts
    13). obfuscate 6pts
    14). Parchiao 3pt
    15). mario_Pittas 3pts
    16). goondu 1pt
    17). dfstan 1pt

HAT-TRICK HERO!!

09/12/08

PSV vs. LFC!

Philips Stadion

Champs League

1). 0-0 DRAW! cheesecake
    9). 2-0 LFC Win! (Keane, Gerrard) obfuscate

League Table

1). zhapchit 29pts
    2). grumpy 26pts
    3). cheesecake 22pts
    4). blazer workz 22pts
    5). airfins 20pts
    6). boresome 19pts
    7). domdomino 16pts
    8). jfoo 14pts
    9). Taurean 13pts
    10). canew 12pts
    11). roDz 11pts
    12). kelccm 7pts
    13). obfuscate 6pts
    14). Parchiao 3pt
    15). mario_Pittas 3pts
    16). goondu 1pt
    17). dfstan 1pt

HAT-TRICK HERO!!

09/12/08

PSV vs. LFC!

Philips Stadion

Champs League

1). 0-0 DRAW! cheesecake
    9). 2-1 LIVERPOOL (Lucas, Yossi) boresome

Member/Tangshooter

League Table

1). zhapchit 29pts
    2). grumpy 26pts
    3). cheesecake 22pts
    4). blazer workz 22pts
    5). airfins 20pts
    6). boresome 19pts
    7). domdomino 16pts
    8). jfoo 14pts
    9). Taurean 13pts
    10). canew 12pts
    11). roDz 11pts
    12). kelccm 7pts
    13). obfuscate 6pts
    14). Parchiao 3pt
    15). mario_Pittas 3pts
    16). goondu 1pt
    17). dfstan 1pt

HAT-TRICK HERO!!

09/12/08

PSV vs. LFC!

Philips Stadion

Champs League

1). 0-0 DRAW! cheesecake
    9). 2-1 LIVERPOOL (Lucas, Yossi) boresome
    10). 3-0 Liverpool Win (Carragher, Gerrard) blazer_workz
    This is an electronic post which requires no signature.

Woohoo... won 3-1! Better than I expected.