Page 28 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3182326272829303338 ... LastLast

Thread: LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB- You'll Never Walk Alone! (31) so nice to see manCircle buang

Default Re: LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB- You'll Never Walk Alone! (31) so nice to see manCircle b

Quote Originally Posted by zhapchit View Post
    hopefully with some red cards
    and some injuries.
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

Default Re: LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB- You'll Never Walk Alone! (31) so nice to see manCircle b

Crouch scores!

While Spurs buang 1-0 at the moment!

Quote Originally Posted by melvin View Post
    Crouch scores!

While Spurs buang 1-0 at the moment!
    hehehe

Chelsea 1-0 up liao!

sian... chel$ki running away.

its a tall order for gooners to win at stamping bridge. a draw is hopeful.

Quote Originally Posted by melvin View Post
    whats the record?
    your guess is as good as mine

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake View Post
    sian... chel$ki running away.

its a tall order for gooners to win at stamping bridge. a draw is hopeful.
    draw will be

win even

wa terok.

gooners ... haiz...

Deregistered

hotcakes back to the toilet sit

arsenal win..time for liverpool to perform

waaaa stunner

chel$ki buang at home again!!! wooooooo!!

Quote Originally Posted by domdomino View Post
    hotcakes back to the toilet sit
    back to where they belong!! i heard the latest toilet seat comes with soft heating for their bums.

REDS DESPERATE TO AVOID SLIP-UPS

Posted 30/11/08 13:42

With Steven Gerrard talking of his "hunger" for the league title and boss Rafael Benitez close to agreeing a new contract, West Ham could find this is not the time to be trying to end a 45-year wait for a win at Anfield.

West Ham arrive at Anfield on Monday night facing a relegation fight themselves and without a win at Anfield since Geoff Hurst and Martin Peters' scored in 1963 - when the Beatles' 'She Loves You' was top of the charts.

They will not find much love from the Merseysiders this time around.

With Liverpool already qualified for the last 16 of the Champions League, Benitez now wants his side to concentrate hard on cementing their position in the race for the Premier League title.

He said: "We have qualified for the next stage in Europe, now we have three months to concentrate on the league. We have only lost once in the Premier League this season and we must make sure we continue that level of form."

Benitez, believed to be close to a new deal at the club after further talks in recent days between the manager's agent and club owners Tom Hicks and George Gillett, knows a run of indifferent Liverpool performances must come to an end.

A poor display in their last home league game allowed Fulham to claim a 0-0 draw, and the midweek victory over Marseille in Europe was hardly convincing.

Now Liverpool have a run of nine league games before title rivals Chelsea visit Anfield on February 1, in which they should only be troubled when they travel to Arsenal this month and face Everton at home on January 19.

The rest of that run, starting with the Hammers, includes matches with Blackburn, Hull, Bolton, Newcastle, Stoke and Wigan.

If Liverpool are to be considered genuine contenders, there can be no slip-ups in such matches.

Full-back Alvaro Arbeloa underlines the desire not to allow supposed lesser sides to get anything at Anfield, as Stoke did with a 0-0 draw back in September before Fulham achieved the same result a week ago.

Arbeloa said: "We know we have to improve at Anfield in the league. The draw with Fulham was very frustrating, and we did the same against Stoke. You must win your home games if you want to win the title.

"We cannot continue to make mistakes at Anfield, we must find a solution to the way teams come to defend here.

"We lost two points against Fulham in our last home league game, which annoyed us. So we know we must put that right as soon as possible."

Liverpool will be without striker Fernando Torres with a hamstring problem and defender Fabio Aurelio, who has a calf injury. Robbie Keane and Andrea Dossena are expected to come into the side.

The match will mark Gerrard's 10-year anniversary since his first-team debut, when he came on as substitute against Blackburn on November 29, 1998.

Gerrard said: "We have got another important game coming up against West Ham and that is what I'm focusing on now.

"It's also important that we try to improve on our performance against Fulham and try to take all three points. Every game is crucial.

"The anniversary means a lot to me. It has been a special week and I have been having to pinch myself because I've been living this dream since I first pulled on a red shirt.

"The 10 years seem to have gone by in a flash but there's an old saying that time flies when you are having fun and that is exactly what I've had.

"It has been the best 10 years of my life and hopefully that will continue for many years to come. If anything, I am actually more hungry than ever before.

"I am desperate for the league title and obviously we have managed to get ourselves into a good position this season and now we just need to keep on plugging away.

"It is safe to say there are still many more trophies I want to win before I hang my boots up."

With Gerrard aiming to put a few things right regarding Liverpool's current form, boss Benitez looks to be near to a new agreement - with speculation a two-year deal is close to being signed before Christmas.

He said: "My advisers were in contact with them (the owners) and we are waiting for a new contract right now. Sooner rather than later we will have another communication."

KEANE FRANK ABOUT BLACK CATS WOES

Posted 30/11/08 14:18

----- HEHEHEHHEHEE - ok, keane is brutally honest.

Sunderland boss Roy Keane insists he is not yet interested in discussing a new contract and has "no excuses" for his side's sorry slide into the Premier League relegation zone.

Keane stressed he could neither offer nor receive any assurances about his future after Saturday's dismal 4-1 home defeat by Bolton, and painted a bleak picture of the remainder of the season for the Black Cats.

Keane, whose current deal expires at the end of the season, said: "I don't think it's a case of discussing a new contract or what (chairman) Niall (Quinn) or the owners feel. Whatever they're feeling, we're feeling the same.

"It's a disappointment. We always said the table would take shape after eight, nine or 10 games and we are where we are and we all know that it's not good enough."

Keane will spend Sunday morning pondering the future, just like he claims to do on a daily basis, and he may come to a grim conclusion after watching his side press the self-destruct button once again at the Stadium of Light.

Djibril Cisse opened the scoring for the home side but calamitous defensive errors cost them dear as Matt Taylor and Gary Cahill turned the match in Bolton's favour and Johan Elmander's brace added to the misery.

Sunderland have spent 80million on players under Keane's tenure and currently have a whole team out on loan, and the Irishman accepts he has no right to go begging to the board for more resources.

"We can't bring anybody in until January and there won't be anything major," he said. "We've still got the option of a loan player but I've brought enough players in.

"I could easily sit here and say I haven't had the chance but I've brought in lots and lots of players. As a manager, I have absolutely no excuses.

"As a manager, you've got to look at where you can improve and what you've got to sort out. You've got to look for characters in your dressing room and at your performance and where you can do better."

Things had looked decidedly brighter when Cisse clinically finished off a fine 11th-minute move involving Kieran Richardson and Steed Malbranque to give his side an encouraging start.

But Taylor's looping header over the returning Craig Gordon and Cahill's low shot through a crowded box gave the visitors - already buoyant from last week's win at Middlesbrough - the lead within eight minutes.

Cisse had a potential equaliser ruled out after referee Chris Foy decided fellow striker Kenwyne Jones had fouled in the box, before Sunderland's series of howlers gifted the impressive Trotters the points.

Shortly after missing from a tight angle having rounding a stranded Gordon, Elmander made amends when Danny Collins missed a clearance on the right, racing through to strike home a clean left-footed effort.

And early in the second half, Elmander repeated the feat when Kevin Davies pounced on hesitation by Dean Whitehead to send the Swede through to finish in similar style.

In stark contrast to Sunderland's woes, Bolton's third consecutive win sent them soaring up to seventh place and delighted boss Gary Megson, who is slowly beginning to win over his side's supporters.

Megson said: "To come away and score four goals is a great testament to the quality of the players. Even when results weren't going for us, we were playing well and now we are scoring goals, people are recognising we do play some decent stuff."

But Megson revealed his side's good form could be hit by an injury to Taylor, one of the stars of his club's recent revival, who was forced to come off at half-time due to injury.

Megson said: "It's not a huge problem but he had a bit of a thigh complaint. We are hoping that Matty will be okay because that is four goals in 10 games for him now."

Elsewhere at St James' Park, Michael Owen could return to Anfield for a cut-price 2m. (News of the World)

Liverpool boss Rafa Benitez is close to signing a new deal at Anfield. Despite interest from Real Madrid the Spaniard has told the board he wants to stay. (News of the World)

Football's legendary hardman Ron 'Chopper' Harris has voiced his opinions on Arsenal's Nicklas Bendtner's new boots. "Pink is a woman's colour, or so my missus tells me." (Sunday Mail) --> hahahaha! i agree!

mickey mouse owen... back to LFC?!?!

waaaa stunner

chel$ki buang at home again!!! wooooooo!!
    wah swee

Elsewhere at St James' Park, Michael Owen could return to Anfield for a cut-price 2m. (News of the World)

Liverpool boss Rafa Benitez is close to signing a new deal at Anfield. Despite interest from Real Madrid the Spaniard has told the board he wants to stay. (News of the World)

Football's legendary hardman Ron 'Chopper' Harris has voiced his opinions on Arsenal's Nicklas Bendtner's new boots. "Pink is a woman's colour, or so my missus tells me." (Sunday Mail) --> hahahaha! i agree!
    wah he coming back to polish Torres' boots issit? ask him to pay Liverpool 2m lah

Quote Originally Posted by zhapchit View Post
    wah he coming back to polish Torres' boots issit? ask him to pay Liverpool 2m lah

Maybe he misses LFC medical facility

Liverpool goals - November (Video)

http://lfcglobe.com/liverpool-goals-november-video/