Page 17 of 50 FirstFirst ... 7121516171819222742 ... LastLast

Thread: LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB- You'll Never Walk Alone! (31) so nice to see manCircle buang

Default Re: LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB- You'll Never Walk Alone! (31) so nice to see manCircle b

GERRARD URGES CAUTION OVER TITLE BID

Posted 19/11/08 09:21

Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard admits the team's fine start to the campaign has raised hopes of a first league championship since 1990.

Rafael Benitez's side lie second in the Barclays Premier League table, level on points with leaders Chelsea and eight points ahead of champions Manchester United - albeit having played a game more.

The Reds enjoyed a 2-1 home triumph over United in September and ended Chelsea's 86-match unbeaten run at Stamford Bridge with a 1-0 victory last month.

However, Gerrard - who misses England's friendly in Germany on Wednesday night with a leg injury - knows there is a long way to go before the destination of the silverware will be determined.

"It's nice but it raises expectations," he told Champions magazine when asked about talk of Liverpool being genuine title contenders.

"It's important to stay humble. We know we're a good team, we know we're getting closer to a title challenge - we can say that. But we've got to prove we can stay in the race to the end.

"I can understand why people are saying it. We've gone down a couple of times by goals, we haven't given up and we've managed to turn games around.

"So now they're saying we've got title credentials."

The 28-year-old is more than used to dealing with pressure situations, though, having spent his entire professional career at Anfield.

"It's Liverpool Football Club. You've got to expect that and deal with it. Every single game we play there is pressure to win," he added.

"I've lived with it since I broke into the first team. But even more so now because the wait for the bread and butter is getting longer."
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

Default Re: LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB- You'll Never Walk Alone! (31) so nice to see manCircle b

PIQUE: UNITED PLAYERS LIVED ON BEER AND BURGERS

WAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA!!!

Posted 19/11/08 09:32

Gerard Pique has admitted that he couldn't understand what Sir Alex Ferguson was saying during his time at Old Trafford and claimed his former team-mates lived on a diet of "beer and burgers".

The defender left United to return to Barcelona in the summer but still seems baffled by his experiences in England.

'There were some incredible things happening at United," he told the Spanish press. "It [the diet at Old Trafford] was outrageous. Everyone ate whatever they wanted to eat and when you think about the typical English diet, you can imagine what I am talking about.

"The players were allowed to eat what they wanted and it must be remembered that the English diet is just like people say.

"Every two weeks we were checked out on a machine that measured the amount of body fat. You would be amazed at how many top players practically broke the machine because their diet was based on beer and burgers."

But the diet of the United players wasn't the only thing that left Pique baffled.

"I arrived not being able to speak English and I got lost a little bit in the team-talks. The gaffer, as Ferguson is known in Manchester, spoke a very Scottish kind of English that might as well have been Chinese as far as I was concerned. But I wasn't the worst - there are players in the current squad who still don't understand him." ---> WAHAHAHAHA!

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake View Post
    PIQUE: UNITED PLAYERS LIVED ON BEER AND BURGERS

WAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA!!!

Posted 19/11/08 09:32

Gerard Pique has admitted that he couldn't understand what Sir Alex Ferguson was saying during his time at Old Trafford and claimed his former team-mates lived on a diet of "beer and burgers".

The defender left United to return to Barcelona in the summer but still seems baffled by his experiences in England.

'There were some incredible things happening at United," he told the Spanish press. "It [the diet at Old Trafford] was outrageous. Everyone ate whatever they wanted to eat and when you think about the typical English diet, you can imagine what I am talking about.

"The players were allowed to eat what they wanted and it must be remembered that the English diet is just like people say.

"Every two weeks we were checked out on a machine that measured the amount of body fat. You would be amazed at how many top players practically broke the machine because their diet was based on beer and burgers."

But the diet of the United players wasn't the only thing that left Pique baffled.

"I arrived not being able to speak English and I got lost a little bit in the team-talks. The gaffer, as Ferguson is known in Manchester, spoke a very Scottish kind of English that might as well have been Chinese as far as I was concerned. But I wasn't the worst - there are players in the current squad who still don't understand him." ---> WAHAHAHAHA!
    JOKE OF THE YEAR 2008 !

Quote Originally Posted by domdomino View Post
    JOKE OF THE YEAR 2008 !
    nice one by pique.

owned goal of the season.

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by roadrunner_552 View Post

HAHA! happy for the moment only.

Ha ha, he was still celebrating when the ball went inPawned big time!!
    Canon 80D|Panasonic LX3/LX5
    35f2 IS|50f1.8|85f1.8|12-24f4|18-135f4-5.6 IS|28-75f2.8

hehehe he take his own sweet time celebrating with his teammates.

huh so how

got count?

hehehe he take his own sweet time celebrating with his teammates.
    The referee never give chance. So fast blow the whistle.

huh so how

got count?
    Of course count. The referee had already blown the whistle for the restart.

Actually it was pretty smart for the other team. And it takes a bit of skill to score from that distance.

Quote Originally Posted by kelccm View Post
    Of course count. The referee had already blown the whistle for the restart.

Actually it was pretty smart for the other team. And it takes a bit of skill to score from that distance.
    i think our alonso can score from that if we got the chance.

We will win the match against fulham this weekend...3-1 (torres,kuyt,keane) any other results are not important to me... confident...anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by roDz View Post
    We will win the match against fulham this weekend...3-1 (torres,kuyt,keane) any other results are not important to me... confident...anyone?
    start the guess guess guess later this evening!

Quote Originally Posted by roDz View Post
    Can win! No Stevie G but Torres is back and has just scored for Spain. Plus there will be Keane and Kuyt our deadly K & K Kombination

Hopefully A & A Abalone and Aurelio will prove to be another deadly duo

Quote Originally Posted by zhapchit View Post
    Can win! No Stevie G but Torres is back and has just scored for Spain. Plus there will be Keane and Kuyt our deadly K & K Kombination

Hhmm, so left and right winger and left and right back Both wings fully covered

KKK-> Kelong Kelong Kelong Clan! AA-> Acept n Acept!

Quote Originally Posted by kelccm View Post
    Hhmm, so left and right winger and left and right back Both wings fully covered

yah comes in pair one ... if not A&A then it's D&D.. Degen & Dossena

yah comes in pair one ... if not A&A then it's D&D.. Degen & Dossena
    D&D... not dinner n dance, dungeons n dragons?