Thread: Tokina 70-200mm F2.8 AF

Default Tokina 70-200mm F2.8 AF

Hi

Anyone heard of this lens and how's it? I tried the search on internet but yielded nothing. I don't think lens have clones like golf clubs do , rite?

Thanks

Eric

it should be Tokina AF 80-200mm f/2.8 AT-X Pro

here's the link from the THK Photo website...
    http://www.thkphoto.com/products/tokina/afl-05.html

Note that there is a new revision of the 828 just announced in japan that replaces the screw mount cylindrical hood with a bayonet mount petal hood.(Same hood as ATX340 AF II)

No other changes were mentioned though.

it is definitely not new model, from the looks of it, and there is no "PRO" written anywhere (unlike my 28-70mm ATX PRO). Could it be an extrememly old lens? It AF fine with my S2 though. Let me go back and take a pic of it so that u experts can make a more informed conclusion. Oh and it is XXXing heavy, almost twice the weight of my 28-70mm ATX Pro f2.8.

Is it the old Red ring 80-200 f2.8 ATX?

I'll have to check it out tonite

Quote Originally Posted by Zerstorer
    Is it the old Red ring 80-200 f2.8 ATX?
    Zerstorer, bingo! Sorry for confusing everyone. Thought mine was the 70-200. It is an AT-X. Don't think it is a Pro lens since the word wasn't imprinted anyway on the lens.

Anyone has any idea how long has this lens been in the market and how is it?

Don't know how to insert pic, but Zerstorer got it rite

Quote Originally Posted by kthan
    Zerstorer, bingo! Sorry for confusing everyone. Thought mine was the 70-200. It is an AT-X. Don't think it is a Pro lens since the word wasn't imprinted anyway on the lens.

Anyone has any idea how long has this lens been in the market and how is it?

Don't know how to insert pic, but Zerstorer got it rite
    The ATX one is with red colour ring and the PRO version is with colour gold ring.

had this lens for about a week before i sold it. it's a great lens if you don't mind the slow AF, and the weight of it. it weighs as much as (if not more) than the canon 70-200 L. optically, i found it to be excellent.