Please contribute your favourite truism in photography - whether it is about equipment, technique or business.
Let me start the ball rolling...
1. An SLR camera is like a magic wand for security guards. The moment you whip one out, a guard will instantly appear.
2. Beautiful sunsets tend to occur when you brought your long zoom.
3. Rare birds appear when you brought your wide zoom.
4. Things always happen while you are changing lenses.
5. An SLR at home is not quite as good as a cameraphone in your hand.
6. A camera that can fit into your pocket, will fall out of your pocket.
7. Secondary cameras get used 99.97% of the time.
8. The first scratch mark on your camera really hurts.
9. The portrait shot with the brightest smile also has the poorest focus.
10. Somebody is always blocking.