27th August 2003, 11:01 PM
ClubSNAP Site updates
It has come to our attention that some ClubSNAPpers :
1) do not know that the previous "get new" function is still available via the "get new" button at the top right hand corner of our forums site. I like to remind everyone that this is still there, and here is the button's link reproduced again:
2) miss the old subdomain names to the forums which are still available just that:
- http://forums.clubsnap.org <- is the correct one which was retained
- http://forum.clubsnap.org <- was not setup after the migration but has been reconfigured by popular request
28th August 2003, 12:11 AM
from what i see on my screen now, the get new button is the "get daily" function. The function
"Get New" now = http://forums.clubsnap.org/search.php?do=getdaily
The actual get new function (which was the get new button before clubsnap migration) is now at the top right hand side (View New Posts), second arrow from left out of the five arrows.
i remember clearly that the original get new button's function, is ?do=getnew.
From what i see, getnew will get the new posts since your last visit, while getdaily will dump out posts for the last 24 hours
28th August 2003, 12:53 AM
The reason why we swapped the previous "get new" with "get daily" and called it the NEW "get new" is becos the new forum software
Originally Posted by caseytan
1) DOES NOT get new posts even if one reloads the page
2) REMOVES threads from your list once they have been listed in your "get new" search - i.e. your "get new" search potentially returns ZERO posts or just VERY FEW posts
This was irritating the hell out of many of us here. Thus, we made a conscious decision to replace it until (or if) future versions of the forums software change this.