Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: shutter speed..

  1. #1

    Default shutter speed..

    what settings are recommended to take pictures of moving object? let say Trains, Buses, Cars.

    Im using a Fujifilm S2000HD. Hope to hear replies from you guys soon. In need of help, urgently.

  2. #2

    Default Re: shutter speed..

    Set a higher shutter speed to get a freezed image of your subject.

  3. #3

    Default Re: shutter speed..

    Your question is rather vague and its hard to say much without knowing the conditions you are taking the photo in, burst mode might be of help.

    1. Blurred background with sharp vehicle - learn to pan.
    2. Sharp background with slightly blur vehicle - shutter speed varies with lighting condition and degree of blur desired.
    3. Sharp background with sharp vehicle - wait for vehicle to park.
    Last edited by ahbian; 4th November 2008 at 09:14 PM.

  4. #4

    Default Re: shutter speed..

    Im still noob at photography, would like to learn from bros here.

    Ah ic, increase shutter speed. But mine is set to 60. Is it enough?

  5. #5
    Moderator Octarine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Pasir Ris
    Posts
    12,061

    Default Re: shutter speed..

    Quote Originally Posted by Interception7 View Post
    Im still noob at photography, would like to learn from bros here.

    Ah ic, increase shutter speed. But mine is set to 60. Is it enough?
    The this link will help you to understand. Learn about the basics, otherwise you will not understand the advices and hints given.
    Shutter speed is given as fractions of a second. It's 1/60sec, or 0.0166 seconds. If the number expressed by the fraction gets bigger then the shutter stays open longer. If the number gets smaller the shutter stays open shorter. This is also called exposure time.

  6. #6

    Default Re: shutter speed..

    Quote Originally Posted by Octarine View Post
    The this link will help you to understand. Learn about the basics, otherwise you will not understand the advices and hints given.
    Shutter speed is given as fractions of a second. It's 1/60sec, or 0.0166 seconds. If the number expressed by the fraction gets bigger then the shutter stays open longer. If the number gets smaller the shutter stays open shorter. This is also called exposure time.
    Hi thanks for the link.

    I asked my friend, he recommended 1/125 or 1/150. Better do some test shots soon. Besides reading the guide, best for me to try out the settings.

    Thanks for the replies guys. Really appreciate it.

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Clementi
    Posts
    10,597

    Default Re: shutter speed..

    You might find this of some interest. I did a whole series called "From A Bus Window". Here are some samples:






    The first image was shot when the bus was still; the second and third were shot with the bus moving.

    When I was shooting with the bus stationary, I could afford the luxury of whatever shutter speed I wanted. Naturally, when the bus was moving, I'd pick a faster shutter speed and open up my aperture/boost my ISO accordingly, so that I could freeze the frame.

  8. #8

    Default Re: shutter speed..

    Quote Originally Posted by Interception7 View Post
    what settings are recommended to take pictures of moving object? let say Trains, Buses, Cars.

    Im using a Fujifilm S2000HD. Hope to hear replies from you guys soon. In need of help, urgently.
    simple....by practicing.

    have you read through http://www.photographyblog.com/revie...ix_s2000hd.php and more??
    I photograph the dead.

  9. #9

    Default Re: shutter speed..

    Hmm.. guess i need more practice.

    This picture was shot with shutter speed of 1/160. Not that good as im not used to the camera yet.

  10. #10

    Default Re: shutter speed..

    Care to share in which areas you find it not good? It would be easier for others to suggest adjustments.

  11. #11

    Default Re: shutter speed..

    Sorry if i have made you guys confuse or what..

    Its my first time using such a camera, i heard the camera its like a semi-pro camera. I used to own a normal digi cam, Kodak Cx7430, but i received the pamphlet from Fujifilm and i got attracted to the price and camera wise. So im not used to this kind of good camera as ive been using the normal cameras for quite awhile. FYI, i bought the fujifilm camera two days ago.
    The Railway Enthusiast. Keretapi Tanah Melayu. KTM Intercity. Click for my DeviantART page

  12. #12

    Default Re: shutter speed..

    Quote Originally Posted by Interception7 View Post
    Sorry if i have made you guys confuse or what..

    Its my first time using such a camera, i heard the camera its like a semi-pro camera. I used to own a normal digi cam, Kodak Cx7430, but i received the pamphlet from Fujifilm and i got attracted to the price and camera wise. So im not used to this kind of good camera as ive been using the normal cameras for quite awhile. FYI, i bought the fujifilm camera two days ago.
    What I meant was that maybe you can say in which areas you feel your posted photo is lacking (in your words "not that good") , e.g. train too blur, overall pic too blur, etc.

    Then we can try to give advice on settings and techniques.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •