Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 27

Thread: Lens! Another angle!

  1. #1

    Default Lens! Another angle!



    Guys, I finally figured out how to post pictures here! HAHA! We normally used lens to take pictures but I took a pictures of my lens. Another angle right? Anyway, I took this picture with my 450D on the first day I bought this camera. Please C&C!

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Sembawang
    Posts
    592

    Default Re: Lens! Another angle!

    erm...congrats.

  3. #3

    Default Re: Lens! Another angle!

    congrats...

    as for your picture...

  4. #4

    Default Re: Lens! Another angle!

    Is it good?

  5. #5

    Default Re: Lens! Another angle!

    I'll be frank, no it isn't. It's just another snapshot to me.

  6. #6

    Default Re: Lens! Another angle!

    Quote Originally Posted by PyeeL View Post
    I'll be frank, no it isn't. It's just another snapshot to me.
    As in the "another angle" view or the picture is not good?

  7. #7
    Member fraven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Yishun
    Posts
    254

    Default Re: Lens! Another angle!

    I am interested to know how you think about your own photo?
    flickr|Canon 7D|10-22|17-40L|50F1.8|24-70L|100F2.8L|70-200F4L|70-300L|2x550EX|580EX II

  8. #8

    Default Re: Lens! Another angle!

    Quote Originally Posted by fraven View Post
    I am interested to know how you think about your own photo?
    What do you mean? Actually it's 1 of my first few shots with my 450D so im not too sure whether it's good

  9. #9
    Senior Member zac08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    East
    Posts
    11,755

    Default Re: Lens! Another angle!

    Quote Originally Posted by Abuddlah View Post
    What do you mean? Actually it's 1 of my first few shots with my 450D so im not too sure whether it's good
    Which means... GO shoot until you find something good.

    This is the cruel way of putting it across but you need to get it to stand out. Do you think the picture stands out? Does it garner interest? Does it make ppl go wow?

    If not, then simply try again. Be a critic of your own works. Make sure you can convince yourself first before you can convince others.

    Here's a shot of a lens I took when I was just starting out.



    Wasn't fantastic now that I look back at it, but once you can feel that way, you can improve better and get better shots from there...

    Work on it.

    cheers,
    Michael Lim
    My Flickr Site

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Singapore, east-ish
    Posts
    2,291

    Default Re: Lens! Another angle!

    Quote Originally Posted by Abuddlah View Post
    What do you mean? Actually it's 1 of my first few shots with my 450D so im not too sure whether it's good
    haha, i know what you mean

    Nevertheless, go on! Try and critque it yourself, then tell us what you think. Can it be better? How can it be more asthetically pleasing?

    I'll give you my comments after you scrutinize your own work first

  11. #11

    Default Re: Lens! Another angle!

    Quote Originally Posted by Abuddlah View Post
    As in the "another angle" view or the picture is not good?
    Both.

  12. #12

    Default Re: Lens! Another angle!

    keep on shooting and shooting and shooting and shooting...

    this is the best advice i got when i first got my DSLR and joined this community...

    as for the picture itself... more of a snapshot then anything else to be frank
    internet marketing skeptic no more --> http://www.richestsg.com/ayie1786/

  13. #13

    Default Re: Lens! Another angle!

    Quote Originally Posted by zac08 View Post
    Which means... GO shoot until you find something good.

    This is the cruel way of putting it across but you need to get it to stand out. Do you think the picture stands out? Does it garner interest? Does it make ppl go wow?

    If not, then simply try again. Be a critic of your own works. Make sure you can convince yourself first before you can convince others.

    Here's a shot of a lens I took when I was just starting out.



    Wasn't fantastic now that I look back at it, but once you can feel that way, you can improve better and get better shots from there...

    Work on it.

    cheers,
    Yea, thanks. My camera is currently in my dad's hands since Im having exams. So didn't really have any time to play around with the camera when i got it

  14. #14

    Default Re: Lens! Another angle!

    Quote Originally Posted by Daedalus Trent View Post
    haha, i know what you mean

    Nevertheless, go on! Try and critque it yourself, then tell us what you think. Can it be better? How can it be more asthetically pleasing?

    I'll give you my comments after you scrutinize your own work first
    Hey, thanks! I will shoot more pictures and i will need your golden comments! HAHA

  15. #15

    Default Re: Lens! Another angle!

    Quote Originally Posted by Ayie1786 View Post
    keep on shooting and shooting and shooting and shooting...

    this is the best advice i got when i first got my DSLR and joined this community...

    as for the picture itself... more of a snapshot then anything else to be frank
    YUP! I am surely gonna shoot till i drop but currently my camera is with my dad. Im having exams now that's why I don't have time to practice

  16. #16

    Default Re: Lens! Another angle!

    Quote Originally Posted by PyeeL View Post
    Both.
    Well, it might not be good. But your comments to me will be heard and then i will try to improve. But must let me wait till next week after i get back my camera from my dad

  17. #17

    Default Re: Lens! Another angle!

    im really glad that you're taking it the right way here... do concentrate on ur exams and continue shooting once ure done... cheers!
    internet marketing skeptic no more --> http://www.richestsg.com/ayie1786/

  18. #18

    Default Re: Lens! Another angle!

    Base on your photo, it was shot using an "auto-exposure" mode with a direct flash, which is a "" in my opinion. U can just get a "point & shoot" camera and it works even better, some even have face detection and smart exposure which work "smarter" than dslr.
    1st, get to know your camera. Then learn to understand things like aperture, shutter speed, iso, etc. Then, drop by library and read some guide book. Another way is search for tutorial, google it, or in youtube (now u can even subscribe for tutorial episode) Of cause, please do it after your exam. Good Luck!

  19. #19

    Default Re: Lens! Another angle!

    Quote Originally Posted by geraldgkt View Post
    Base on your photo, it was shot using an "auto-exposure" mode with a direct flash, which is a "" in my opinion. U can just get a "point & shoot" camera and it works even better, some even have face detection and smart exposure which work "smarter" than dslr.
    1st, get to know your camera. Then learn to understand things like aperture, shutter speed, iso, etc. Then, drop by library and read some guide book. Another way is search for tutorial, google it, or in youtube (now u can even subscribe for tutorial episode) Of cause, please do it after your exam. Good Luck!
    It's not leh. I used Manual to shoot this photo. Which means it's not auto exposure right? Or are we talking about different things?

  20. #20

    Default Re: Lens! Another angle!

    Maybe i'm wrong, but that's base on exif data of your photo

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •