Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 41 to 47 of 47

Thread: UOB Plaza - World's tallest

  1. #41

    Default Re: UOB Plaza - World's tallest

    Quote Originally Posted by Makanator View Post
    Highly suspicious of newly subscribed people backing each other up. Perhaps they are created by the exact same person?

    And in regard to the ts's photos, I found it interesting as it was a play on both words(the title) and visual (the photos). Might be rigamarole for some, but it's just fine with me.
    This kind of ip should be banned w the admin looking into them.

    It's a rule here not to create double account if i still remembered

  2. #42
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    63

    Default Re: UOB Plaza - World's tallest

    Quote Originally Posted by Revad3 View Post
    night86mare on your reply.

    This kind of debate is redundant, if suck is a way of directness and shouldn't be filtered someway or another? soon people will be using "look like crap/****" it's also direct. But impropriate in this society, unwelcoming/vulgar in a sense.

    soon all the f word n nonsense etc will also come by, with excuses for being direct?
    A very weak argument. I never defended usage of the F-word, or any other vulgarity. I strongly believe the term "suck" is not a vulgarity.

  3. #43

    Default Re: UOB Plaza - World's tallest

    Quote Originally Posted by Lentic View Post
    A very weak argument. I never defended usage of the F-word, or any other vulgarity. I strongly believe the term "suck" is not a vulgarity.
    please look up this in wikipedia.
    A straw man argument is an informal fallacy based on misrepresentation of an opponent's position.[1] To "set up a straw man," one describes a position that superficially resembles an opponent's actual view, yet is easier to refute. Then, one attributes that position to the opponent. For example, someone might deliberately overstate the opponent's position.[1] While a straw man argument may work as a rhetorical technique—and succeed in persuading people—it carries little or no real evidential weight, since the opponent's actual argument has not been refuted.[2]
    revad3 said that F-word is a deeper degree of "directness" as perceived by this group of people endorsing suck.

    in no way did he say that suck = f-word or vulgarity. but of course, you're welcome to admit the logical fallacy and continue on with your unique logic.

  4. #44

    Default Re: UOB Plaza - World's tallest

    Quote Originally Posted by Lentic View Post
    Hm. You are insinuating that I'm a student. For all you know, I could be older than you. Also, since when was age a direct indicator of mental maturity? Clearly, you stereotype youngsters; you think that as long as someone is a kid or a teen, he/she is bound to be childish, to be immature (emotionally). You need to come to terms with the fact that THERE ARE ADULTS WHO ARE CHILDISH and there are also teens who have the mental capacity of an adult.
    you know, i've used that argument before; frankly speaking, i don't care whether you are a student or not; i only know that you are

    a) immensely bored
    b) overly argumentative for something that's NOT YOUR BATTLE
    Last edited by night86mare; 9th November 2008 at 12:54 AM.

  5. #45
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    84

    Default Re: UOB Plaza - World's tallest

    Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    please look up this in wikipedia.


    revad3 said that F-word is a deeper degree of "directness" as perceived by this group of people endorsing suck.

    in no way did he say that suck = f-word or vulgarity. but of course, you're welcome to admit the logical fallacy and continue on with your unique logic.
    Perhaps a troll has entered into this thread just to 'debate'?

  6. #46
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    63

    Default Re: UOB Plaza - World's tallest

    Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    please look up this in wikipedia.


    revad3 said that F-word is a deeper degree of "directness" as perceived by this group of people endorsing suck.

    in no way did he say that suck = f-word or vulgarity. but of course, you're welcome to admit the logical fallacy and continue on with your unique logic.
    Is he not saying that people who condone the word "suck" will also condone the f-word? That is naive. I am sure people are discerning enough to differentiate the gravity of the word "suck" and the f-word. The f-word is very crude, very harsh, and no sane person utters it in public. "Suck", on the other hand, is mild, in my opinion. Of course, you're entitled to your own opinion; if you think the word "suck" is just as harsh as the f-word that's just too bad.

  7. #47
    Senior Member Cheesecake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    I live in a haunted house!!!!!
    Posts
    16,385

    Default Re: UOB Plaza - World's tallest

    learn to accept criticism in ur stride esp. when one post their own works in an online forum.


    however, we strongly discourage the use of such 'strong' words such as *sucks*... etc no matter if u're a newbie, a senior member... etc.

    be fair in ur criticism and explain y the foto is not good, not to ur liking etc... and where improvement/s can be made etc.

    such a sweeping statement not backed with fair criticism is definitely not goin to find favour with most CSers.




    and welcome to Singapore!

    we're not American Idol... or ANTM where it all works for TV ratings and thus such a blunt and blatant remark certainly makes for higher TV viewership. get real.




    in short, if anyone wants to make such a sweeping statement, do back it up with valid n fair criticism.







    this thread is closed.
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •