Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need your advice – To remain or jump over, when am I ready?

Default Re: Need your advice – To remain or jump over, when am I ready?

I used a Canon S5 IS for less than 2 months, then switched to Nikon D60. U are more than ready.

Quote Originally Posted by mutant View Post
    I used a Canon S5 IS for less than 2 months, then switched to Nikon D60. U are more than ready.
    hahah i know right and you refused to let me succeed your accessories but hey thats a good thing, they might be worthless if i upgrade anyways mwhaha

Quote Originally Posted by PyeeL View Post
    This won't answer your doubts but I know we'll see better works from you if you switch to a DSLR.
    Then if you ask yourself what DSLR to get, I'll say go for entry level still, that's a level up from P&S, you still have room to upgrade in the future. Go Canon, 450D!
    Yup, I was thinking of the 450D or a relatively foreign brand like Pentax or Sony

Quote Originally Posted by velasco View Post
    Yup, I was thinking of the 450D or a relatively foreign brand like Pentax or Sony
    before you start a thread asking which brand

i suggest pentax

just kidding, just try them all, don't just go for canon because it's the brand you've been using. you might not like the handling.

Quote Originally Posted by velasco View Post
    Wow it’s been almost 3 years now that I have used a P & S camera.
    Been using the Powershot A520 for 2 years, bought the Canon Powershot S5 IS in April this year.

Is it too early for me to jump onto the DSLR bandwagon now, should I wait for some more time? I know you guys will prolly say it all depends on me, but I’m really stuck in a dilemma. I don’t even think I’m ready to shoot with a DSLR.

A friend once said, “You should get a DSLR already, your camera is hindering you to stretch your horizon” whilst another said I am already niche in using the current cam and a DSLR won’t mean that you will get better photos.

Is that true that some DSLR won’t guarantee better turnouts with all the clichéd but true, the equipment does not matter notion. But theoretically, a DSLR will guarantee be better than a P & S right? –scratches head-
    Then, I will have to crack my brain to decide which DSLR. grr

Judging from my works here, http://www.flickr.com/photos/sophomoremoira/sets/
    could you guys guide me to the right path? lol. Just continue with this type of standard or get a DSLR already? I am in dire need of fuzzy purdy bokeh balls. HOHO and, this is a national crisis, my friend!
    my friend, after viewing thru ur picture, i find that you naturally gifted to take good picture with good lighting. u deserve a decent DSLR system to work with. no more pathetic consumer level camera.

not necessary need to buy expensive system, but looking at ur area of shooting, imho, u probably need 35mm and 50mm for ur work.
    KIM & PPY
    Black Camp F100,D90, AFD 35mm f2.0, Voigtlander Cosina 58mm Nokton Classic F1.4.

Quote Originally Posted by mutant View Post
    hey I oso... I got Canon S5 IS for less then 2 months and jump to Olympus E510 sometime ago.

You shd ask yourself whether a DSLR will allow you to improve in your photography and do you have the passion in photography?

btw there is a very serious problem coming after buy a DSLR, that is BBB Virus!!! a lot of bro here got this virus infection including myself.
    Last edited by egnaro; 6th November 2008 at 10:13 AM.
    Life is like Photography, to improve, you have to keep shooting!

maybe U wanna wait for the New Olympus semi-pro body? E30... with some creative control.
    Life is like Photography, to improve, you have to keep shooting!

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    before you start a thread asking which brand

i suggest pentax

just kidding, just try them all, don't just go for canon because it's the brand you've been using. you might not like the handling.

hahaha hey i was considering the K10D actually.

Quote Originally Posted by Kimura_papaya View Post
    my friend, after viewing thru ur picture, i find that you naturally gifted to take good picture with good lighting. u deserve a decent DSLR system to work with. no more pathetic consumer level camera.

not necessary need to buy expensive system, but looking at ur area of shooting, imho, u probably need 35mm and 50mm for ur work.
    thats very very nice of you. Thanks. Haha, pathetic consumer level camera eh?

hmm i would love to have the 50mm 1.8 lens thingy, look im a bimbo in the lens area too

Quote Originally Posted by egnaro View Post
    do you have the passion in photography?

btw there is a very serious problem coming after buy a DSLR, that is BBB Virus!!! a lot of bro here got this virus infection including myself.
    heck yesh i have the passion, commitment i have no idea though.

Well, let's just say I got vaccinated for the BBB virus in Primary 6, so no worries matey

Hi Velasco,

I am owning a canon A520, I would like to take those moon shot that appears in your website, can you please enlighten ? Thankyou very much.

when I can use my canon A520 and take photos like that as posted in your website...

You JUMP, I JUMP !!

Quote Originally Posted by cabbySHE View Post
    Hi Velasco,

I am owning a canon A520, I would like to take those moon shot that appears in your website, can you please enlighten ? Thankyou very much.
    when I can use my canon A520 and take photos like that as posted in your website...

You JUMP, I JUMP !!
    haha thats just odd.

okay the moon shots are shot using the powershot S5 IS though, the a520 were mostly used the conceptual still shots

wow,even that, it's great shot, with the moon so far away and can get so crisp an image.
    wondering why those photographer has to use those super long lenses to shoot those olympian when they were just so close. BTW any support required to shoot the full moon like that ? can reveal some technical datas ? thanks !

must have won a lot of photographic competition prizes.

Hi bro, looks like you are all ready to take the plunge ^^
    Black Rabbit Photography
    DeviantArt | Multiply | Flickr

wow,even that, it's great shot, with the moon so far away and can get so crisp an image.
    wondering why those photographer has to use those super long lenses to shoot those olympian when they were just so close. BTW any support required to shoot the full moon like that ? can reveal some technical datas ? thanks !

well the S5 IS have megazoom. you just have to zoom in focus ans press the shutter hehe

must have won a lot of photographic competition prizes.
    bout that, have not entered any competition lol

Quote Originally Posted by Hexlord View Post
    Hi bro, looks like you are all ready to take the plunge ^^

thanks hex, yesh buying a dslr before first jan 09

your concept photos are very interesting, with the poem added, and if you put on some melody, strum a guitar and sing a song, cut a CD and use the chair pic as cover, wow, instant transform into....singer, song writer, composer cum photographer !!

your concept photos are very interesting, with the poem added, and if you put on some melody, strum a guitar and sing a song, cut a CD and use the chair pic as cover, wow, instant transform into....singer, song writer, composer cum photographer !!
    hahahhaa do you happen to know me? thats just too weird, i love writing lyrics, strum a guitar and sing. lol freaky. but thanks a bunch

those who post here are already striking the same chord...Amin, or Dmin7 ?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12