Thread: You're Warned Scammmers going High Tech with Color paper/Barcode/Intl Tel:

Default You're Warned Scammmers going High Tech with Color paper/Barcode/Intl Tel:

Sh*t got it this evening thought to shared with you guys to avoid getting scammed by the new tactics these scammers do

It looks so real man, see attached pics got my particulars, address and I believe it came from overseas too. LOL with paid return envelope as well

Wow talk about skilled scamming this b*stards are getting better and better by the days.

So spread the words out to your loved one guys, don't let any of your friends or closed one get wreck by this

“We all have our time machines. Some take us back, they're called memories. Some
    take us forward, they're called dreams”
    Last edited by sweetenham; 4th November 2008 at 03:21 PM.

Default Re: You're Warned Scammmers going High Tech with Color paper/Barcode/Intl Tel:

HAHAHAHA!

They learned very well from Reader's Digest!

Default Re: You're Warned Scammmers going High Tech with Color paper/Barcode/Intl Tel:

wa, but where got $$ drop down from heaven?
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

Haha, don't look real to me.. too many ZEROsssss..
    May i will still believe if the amount is lesser

So they go through all that trouble just to scam a user for US$15? I think what they gain in return is a conformation of personal details that they can use for bigger returns. For example, credit card number.
    As complexity rises, precise statements lose meaning and meaningful statements lose precision.

Data mining at its finest!

I have received something similar as well, posted from Spain. It says I won 3rd or 4th prize worth a few hundreds thousand euros. Very official looking. The letter ended up at the bottom of the rubbish bin immediately.
    Canon 80D|Panasonic LX3/LX5
    35f2 IS|50f1.8|85f1.8|12-24f4|18-135f4-5.6 IS|28-75f2.8

waaa liddat also can!

Thought such has been around since the late 80s? Like someone mentioned...Reader's Digest in the past.

One look you automatic throw away, some even go to the extent of including a car key replica to inform you have won a car. What do you think?
    One-North Explorers
    | Leave nothing but footprints, take nothing but photos |

Blog Entries

they are playing on your greed

if you did not buy it, how could you have won?
    bin it

Blog Entries

note: Draw held 22 Dec 2008

how to win if they have not held the draw?

Funny how a SPANISH lottery.. but the telephone numbers are to Canada.

(604) is city code for Vancouver.

Information of European Lottery Guild from SCAM Net

Full listing from SCAM Net
    [ Flickr ]

pre-paid envelope huh? just put some dead insects(lizard for example) inside and send back lor.
    Objection !!!

Quote Originally Posted by sbs99 View Post
    Thought such has been around since the late 80s? Like someone mentioned...Reader's Digest in the past.

One look you automatic throw away, some even go to the extent of including a car key replica to inform you have won a car. What do you think?
    In the past? Heck no! They are still doing it now!
    See: http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=407060

Deregistered

HAHA . . nothing is free on earth .

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by ninelives View Post
    pre-paid envelope huh? just put some dead insects(lizard for example) inside and send back lor.
    Haha. rather draw a middle finger and sent it back.

so high tech to me.......but I wont be cheated by this kind of thing. =P

if something is too good to be true

it usually is

never give out any of your bank details online, and never transfer money to some random overseas account, end of story