Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Reflections

  1. #1

    Default Reflections

    Hi guys. First time posting up my pictures here, so... I might be quite blur about how to reply, please don't mind!



    Taken at Clark Quay, with my bestfriend as the model. Thank you!

    I titled this image as Reflections as the lighting was very good that day and her eyes were really reflective and just seemed to make you want to stare into them.
    Last edited by harlequin-; 3rd November 2008 at 10:51 PM.
    Canon 450D | 18-55mm | 50mm f/1.8 | 55-250 | 75-300 USM
    flickr.com/photos/harlequin-/

  2. #2

    Default Re: Reflections

    you're needed to write a short write up on the picture you have post.

    may i know why your title of the picture is reflection?
    "We will see Him, coming down the clouds from heaven... In Majesty"

  3. #3

    Default Re: Reflections

    Quote Originally Posted by pplneedthelord View Post
    you're needed to write a short write up on the picture you have post.

    may i know why your title of the picture is reflection?
    Um, I added into the first post already. Am I doing it right? ><
    Canon 450D | 18-55mm | 50mm f/1.8 | 55-250 | 75-300 USM
    flickr.com/photos/harlequin-/

  4. #4

    Default Re: Reflections

    erm...you might wanna focus on the eyes to show the reflection since you said that her eyes were very reflective...
    then i guess it will be more appropriate to the title...
    internet marketing skeptic no more --> http://www.richestsg.com/ayie1786/

  5. #5

    Default Re: Reflections

    I'll say the reflections that you intended took up probably only 2% of the whole frame. I guess the title wasn't aptly chosen after all. Hair covering. And then, not to mention, that is a pretty weird pose to start off with. I didn't stare straight at the eyes, instead, and weirdly, it was on the nose. Haha.

  6. #6

    Default Re: Reflections

    Hi harlequin-,

    I will have to admit that your friend's eyes are remarkable.

    However, the distance between your camera and your friend's face is quite far. Hence the emphasis on her eyes is lost. You might want to capture a close-up partial picture of your friend's face for a stronger emphasis of her eyes while giving a more artistic feel to the image.

    Nevertheless, I feel that this photo is beautiful when you take it as a portrait photo, since your friend's face has beautiful facial features. If her fringe is swept aside thus revealing more of her face, it will be near perfect.

    Great effort!

  7. #7

    Default Re: Reflections

    if you look at this picture yourself, do you find yourself tilting your head to look at your friend's head?

    tilting is all very artistic, but one should understand why it is done, rather than do it for the sake of doing it.

    the eyes are nice though, i won't deny that.. but take note of the focus and your composition - sometimes, less is more

  8. #8

    Default Re: Reflections

    Quote Originally Posted by Ayie1786 View Post
    erm...you might wanna focus on the eyes to show the reflection since you said that her eyes were very reflective...
    then i guess it will be more appropriate to the title...
    Alright, thank you.

    Quote Originally Posted by PyeeL View Post
    I'll say the reflections that you intended took up probably only 2% of the whole frame. I guess the title wasn't aptly chosen after all. Hair covering. And then, not to mention, that is a pretty weird pose to start off with. I didn't stare straight at the eyes, instead, and weirdly, it was on the nose. Haha.
    Ahaha, she was just twisting around and I just snapped her like that.

    Quote Originally Posted by patricktay View Post
    Hi harlequin-,

    I will have to admit that your friend's eyes are remarkable.

    However, the distance between your camera and your friend's face is quite far. Hence the emphasis on her eyes is lost. You might want to capture a close-up partial picture of your friend's face for a stronger emphasis of her eyes while giving a more artistic feel to the image.

    Nevertheless, I feel that this photo is beautiful when you take it as a portrait photo, since your friend's face has beautiful facial features. If her fringe is swept aside thus revealing more of her face, it will be near perfect.

    Great effort!
    I'm hoping to do a proper shooting with her one day as this was more of for fun than seriously. Thank you for the kind words.

    Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    if you look at this picture yourself, do you find yourself tilting your head to look at your friend's head?

    tilting is all very artistic, but one should understand why it is done, rather than do it for the sake of doing it.

    the eyes are nice though, i won't deny that.. but take note of the focus and your composition - sometimes, less is more
    Actually she just twisted herself that way. Mm, will take note, thanks!
    Canon 450D | 18-55mm | 50mm f/1.8 | 55-250 | 75-300 USM
    flickr.com/photos/harlequin-/

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •