Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Nov16 (Sun) : Meetup for newbies

Default Re: Nov16 (Sun) : Meetup for newbies

oh how i'd love to go

monkster
    where did u find the bag? i spot 'national geographic' on it.. just happen to love nat geo

Quote Originally Posted by Panda Chef View Post
    oh how i'd love to go

monkster
    where did u find the bag? i spot 'national geographic' on it.. just happen to love nat geo
    you're referring to the Nat Geo sling bag? That one not found by me... I was referring to LowePro. But I saw a few Nat Geo bags at TK.

oyea parallax error sorry. it was sukevin

hmm.. TK stands for..? x)

Quote Originally Posted by jellydrops View Post
    The first event is at 9am on Sat. but the real action is on Sunday during the semis, plate, minor and grand finals.

Check here for more info.
    Thanks jellydrops.

it was from lunas .. but i went to see it today .. it was too small for my liking .. hehe .. i like big big shoulder bags .. hehe .. can put more things .. i think i'll end up using my duffer bag with "DIY compartments" for my cam ..
    Canon 50D| 28-75mm 2.8 : 50mm 1.8 : 85mm 1.8 | 580EX-II |

Quote Originally Posted by monkster View Post
    During the meetup, there was one guy (whose nick is secret) who was carrying a lowepro backpack.

Now this backpack can be pushed to the front, so that one strap is still on a shoulder while the other hangs free, and therefore it's in a horizontal position. The side of this bag can be opened for a quick reach of the camera components, similar to a sling bag, although you'll have to push the bag back to your back in order to carry it properly (it's a backpack).

It can also carry a laptop.
    monkster .. i think i'll settle for a fastpack 250 .. or something similar .. i've been carrying my messenger bag ard for the whole week already .. and now .. *ouch* aching lolx..

TK is the camera shop on the 2nd level of Shaw Leisure Gallery.

Quote Originally Posted by sukevin View Post
    monkster .. i think i'll settle for a fastpack 250 .. or something similar .. i've been carrying my messenger bag ard for the whole week already .. and now .. *ouch* aching lolx..
    Looks good but also looks like a camera bag :P

I kinda agree with monkster. The nat geo looks good but for those photo opportunities, it looks kind of difficult to pull out your cam and shoot given a short notice. Also, it means lugging your notebook throught the shoot will be a bit diff, specially if you are in a few days photography trip. You might consider a big bag, which can hold a small camera bag and notebook bag, and only carry what you need out to the field (i.e. kit and prime in morning, flash and kit in evening, etc)... but then again, not sure what is your objective.

Quote Originally Posted by sukevin View Post
    it was from lunas .. but i went to see it today .. it was too small for my liking .. hehe .. i like big big shoulder bags .. hehe .. can put more things .. i think i'll end up using my duffer bag with "DIY compartments" for my cam ..
    Quote Originally Posted by monkster View Post
    TK is the camera shop on the 2nd level of Shaw Leisure Gallery.
    thanks for the info. prob will check it out soon

Quote Originally Posted by dawgbyte77 View Post
    I kinda agree with monkster. The nat geo looks good but for those photo opportunities, it looks kind of difficult to pull out your cam and shoot given a short notice. Also, it means lugging your notebook throught the shoot will be a bit diff, specially if you are in a few days photography trip. You might consider a big bag, which can hold a small camera bag and notebook bag, and only carry what you need out to the field (i.e. kit and prime in morning, flash and kit in evening, etc)... but then again, not sure what is your objective.
    Bro,

Thanks for the advise.

well .. i bring my camera where ever i go .. and i need to carry my notebook as well. i'll need something to carry my 17-85mm + 50mm (most bags not a problem). But it's my notebook that's the criteria, i need to bring my notebook along on a weekday (plus the charger n other stationary). so far i haven got myself a flash yet .. so flash is not in the criteria. Of coz we'll like to get something that will be future-proof. ..

So i haven't got any idea which bag is suitable yet .. something small "camera bag-like" is not an issue anymore ... lols .. something more practical .. and cost saving .. lolx ..

Cheers

bro no more outings ar?

love to join u all

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345