Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 92

Thread: Nov16 (Sun) : Meetup for newbies

  1. #61
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    100

    Default Re: Nov16 (Sun) : Meetup for newbies

    Quote Originally Posted by sukevin View Post
    Monkster ! i'd love a nite shoot outing !! or a landscape too !! hehe ... count in me !!
    Today had been fun ! but i kena ticket !!!


    A snap shot of who came this morning =)

    She's very kind to pose for me =)

    I'm still waiting for Lim's picture of the "homeless" sleeping on the bench .. centre of attraction that morning =)
    hahaha... i like your style bro... next time we can go to orchard and hunt some Gxxx in there...

  2. #62
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,164

    Default Re: Nov16 (Sun) : Meetup for newbies

    Wow. You even have snapshots! and some are sneaky too.
    For nightshots, orchard lights is also a good candidate.. but the best time is twilight and not at night. Pedestrian traffic is an issue though.

  3. #63
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    100

    Default Re: Nov16 (Sun) : Meetup for newbies

    Quote Originally Posted by dawgbyte77 View Post
    Wow. You even have snapshots! and some are sneaky too.
    For nightshots, orchard lights is also a good candidate.. but the best time is twilight and not at night. Pedestrian traffic is an issue though.
    is it? once i get my tripod maybe we can arrange the time and hunt the light in there

  4. #64

    Default Re: Nov16 (Sun) : Meetup for newbies

    Looks like you guys enjoyed yourself.

    Had something on last minute. Not enough time to run so many places.

  5. #65
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Holland
    Posts
    22

    Default Re: Nov16 (Sun) : Meetup for newbies

    Quote Originally Posted by h4r1y0n0 View Post
    i don't catch any nice picture unless there is some picture that i like the moment... hehehe... hope you guyz enjoy it...

    HAHA! What if he wakes up suddenly? Haha!

  6. #66

    Default Re: Nov16 (Sun) : Meetup for newbies

    Quote Originally Posted by sunnypub View Post
    22 and 23 Nov that weekend boat quay got dragon race. Lots of thing to snap.
    Hey guys, I had a good time too that Sunday. About that dragon boat race...hmm any details like time of race? Could be our next gathering

  7. #67
    Member OldFlower's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Jurong West
    Posts
    392

    Default Re: Nov16 (Sun) : Meetup for newbies

    Allo guys, Night Shoots anyone?
    eg:
    > Henderson Wave / Hort Park / any other Hort park attractions?
    >> Or how about the new Marina Barrage?

    wait.. lemme go take a short nap,.,, still not feeling too good...
    be back around 5pm...
    Last edited by OldFlower; 18th November 2008 at 01:33 PM.

  8. #68
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    100

    Default Re: Nov16 (Sun) : Meetup for newbies

    Quote Originally Posted by onceagain View Post
    HAHA! What if he wakes up suddenly? Haha!
    then the picture will win for a funniest picture in singapore ever....

  9. #69
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Serangoon
    Posts
    136

    Default Re: Nov16 (Sun) : Meetup for newbies

    Quote Originally Posted by AngelRaphael View Post
    Hey guys, I had a good time too that Sunday. About that dragon boat race...hmm any details like time of race? Could be our next gathering
    i wouldn't mind such an outing.. hehe .. can try panning if they are fast enuff ..

    Quote Originally Posted by OldFlower View Post
    Allo guys, Night Shoots anyone?
    eg:
    > Henderson Wave / Hort Park / any other Hort park attractions?
    >> Or how about the new Marina Barrage?

    wait.. lemme go take a short nap,.,, still not feeling too good...
    be back around 5pm...
    oldflower >> take gd care of yourself .. btw .. u organising a nite shoot ? hehe

    Quote Originally Posted by h4r1y0n0 View Post
    then the picture will win for a funniest picture in singapore ever....
    Hari >> .. i have to agree with you .. the pic is pretty taken .. and very sneak oso .. wahahah
    Canon 50D| 28-75mm 2.8 : 50mm 1.8 : 85mm 1.8 | 580EX-II |

  10. #70
    Member OldFlower's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Jurong West
    Posts
    392

    Default Re: Nov16 (Sun) : Meetup for newbies

    Allo guys, much better today.. .phew..
    You know, there's this god damned flu bug that's going around and it's might stubborn..!
    Symptoms are exactly what I had, and it got confusing when I also had a sinus infection. For a frightful day or two, I thought I got Dengue!!

    But well, went and got me a Sigma 12-24mm last night when I felt better and sort of helps me recover faster..

    Hey I see you guys are trigger happy, and had quite a good time last Sunday..!
    So what's up next people?

  11. #71
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    100

    Default Re: Nov16 (Sun) : Meetup for newbies

    i think dragon boat could be a good hunting for incoming one.... need to check the schedule 1st...

  12. #72
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    100

    Default Re: Nov16 (Sun) : Meetup for newbies

    26th Singapore River Regatta 2008
    Dates: 22nd - 23rd Nov 2008 (Sat, Sun)
    Venue: Singapore River
    Last edited by h4r1y0n0; 19th November 2008 at 05:55 PM.

  13. #73

    Default Re: Nov16 (Sun) : Meetup for newbies

    Quote Originally Posted by h4r1y0n0 View Post
    26th Singapore River Regatta 2008
    Dates: 22nd - 23rd Nov 2008 (Sat, Sun)
    Venue: Singapore River
    Hey bro, what time do they start? Interested but can only make it in the morning. Anyone else??

  14. #74
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,164

    Default Re: Nov16 (Sun) : Meetup for newbies

    Sorry I can't join you guys.. I'm pretty tied up till end of Nov. Good that oldflower is feeling better and you should use your new lens on the dragonboat

  15. #75
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Serangoon
    Posts
    136

    Default Re: Nov16 (Sun) : Meetup for newbies

    Guys,

    I need your expert advise ! i wanna get a messenger sling bag that can fit a 15" notebook, 1 kit lens + 1 17-85mm + 1 50mm + my 350D...

    i'm lookin at this bag which looks pretty "non-camera" looking ..



    wad do you think ?
    Canon 50D| 28-75mm 2.8 : 50mm 1.8 : 85mm 1.8 | 580EX-II |

  16. #76
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Toa Payoh
    Posts
    95

    Default Re: Nov16 (Sun) : Meetup for newbies

    Quote Originally Posted by sukevin View Post
    Guys,

    I need your expert advise ! i wanna get a messenger sling bag that can fit a 15" notebook, 1 kit lens + 1 17-85mm + 1 50mm + my 350D...

    i'm lookin at this bag which looks pretty "non-camera" looking ..



    wad do you think ?
    1) I think it looks like quite a "camera-looking" bag.
    2) Fitting a 15" notebook, 1 kit lens, 1 x 17-85mm, 1 x 50mm lens and 1 350D into a messenger sling bag will surely break my back. Not sure how strong your back is...

  17. #77
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Toa Payoh
    Posts
    95

    Default Re: Nov16 (Sun) : Meetup for newbies

    Will be at the Anime Festival this saturday, prolly whole day there, unless there's something more interesting in the afternoon. Anyone going there?

  18. #78
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Serangoon
    Posts
    136

    Default Re: Nov16 (Sun) : Meetup for newbies

    Quote Originally Posted by monkster View Post
    1) I think it looks like quite a "camera-looking" bag.
    2) Fitting a 15" notebook, 1 kit lens, 1 x 17-85mm, 1 x 50mm lens and 1 350D into a messenger sling bag will surely break my back. Not sure how strong your back is...
    hahah you got a point .. but i already carryin my lil crumpler messenger bag around already .. it's juz that there's no space in my bag for more things .. that's y ..
    Canon 50D| 28-75mm 2.8 : 50mm 1.8 : 85mm 1.8 | 580EX-II |

  19. #79
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Toa Payoh
    Posts
    95

    Default Re: Nov16 (Sun) : Meetup for newbies

    Quote Originally Posted by sukevin View Post
    hahah you got a point .. but i already carryin my lil crumpler messenger bag around already .. it's juz that there's no space in my bag for more things .. that's y ..
    During the meetup, there was one guy (whose nick is secret) who was carrying a lowepro backpack.

    Now this backpack can be pushed to the front, so that one strap is still on a shoulder while the other hangs free, and therefore it's in a horizontal position. The side of this bag can be opened for a quick reach of the camera components, similar to a sling bag, although you'll have to push the bag back to your back in order to carry it properly (it's a backpack).

    It can also carry a laptop.

  20. #80
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    lala land
    Posts
    49

    Default Re: Nov16 (Sun) : Meetup for newbies

    Quote Originally Posted by AngelRaphael View Post
    Hey bro, what time do they start? Interested but can only make it in the morning. Anyone else??
    The first event is at 9am on Sat. but the real action is on Sunday during the semis, plate, minor and grand finals.

    Check here for more info.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •