Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: First gay protest at Speakers' Corner?You going?

Default Re: First gay protest at Speakers' Corner?You going?

Quote Originally Posted by JillValentine View Post
    So is mod going to give infraction?
    Actually I could add on to what aeskywan already said; there's the Japanese, Greeks, Egyptians and Romans as well where homosexuality was a part of growing up, "male bonding" so to speak; i.e. since ancient times, homosexuality was an accepted practice all around the world.

If being homosexual makes one less human (and I strongly believe that the genuine ones don't have a choice in the matter), then being a bigot makes one inhuman.

Quote Originally Posted by drakon09 View Post
    Actually I could add on to what aeskywan already said; there's the Japanese, Greeks, Egyptians and Romans as well where homosexuality was a part of growing up, "male bonding" so to speak; i.e. since ancient times, homosexuality was an accepted practice all around the world.

If being homosexual makes one less human (and I strongly believe that the genuine ones don't have a choice in the matter), then being a bigot makes one inhuman.
    to add on;

choice or not, it doesn't matter - we all make our own choices, the choice of sexuality is one that anyone is entitled to. the difference between a choice that i cannot agree with, and will speak up/take action against; as opposed to one that i couldn't really care about - is that the former will infringe upon my way of life.

so - allow homosexuality, etc. so long as it doesn't impede my choices in life, nor is there any overcompensating allowance for the minority (some should always be given) - i'm more than fine with it. as far as i'm concerned all humans are very nicely mixed - regardless of race, religion, or yes, sexual preference, you get good sheep, you get bad sheep.

for the people who challenged others regarding their children being homosexual - maybe you want to read up about what happened to matthew shepard - what happens when people let their prejudices go out of hand. and i challenge you in return - what if matthew shepard was your son? are you actually going to say with conviction then he was better off dead? i doubt it.
    Last edited by night86mare; 9th November 2008 at 11:39 AM.

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    for the people who challenged others regarding their children being homosexual - maybe you want to read up about what happened to matthew shepard - what happens when people let their prejudices go out of hand. and i challenge you in return - what if matthew shepard was your son? are you actually going to say with conviction then he was better off dead? i doubt it.
    And also Brandon Teena
    Last edited by bovine; 9th November 2008 at 11:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by drakon09 View Post

I too can add on... but it will then be writing on what this thread was not intended to discuss... homosexuality. So it is not appropriate at this juncture to further transgress.

In life, we have certain rules or laws whether we like it or not... there are basic laws, natural laws etc... For a family to occur there needs to be a union of a men and women, that is the basic natural law.

If a someone is allowed to steal and say that it is my right to take, if you don't like it then defend it... or someone to say I do what I like and people just have to accept it and respect me for what I am, that is just a simplistic viewpoint.

Those who chose to be different or are different cannot force the majority to accept their lifestyles, of course the argument goes both ways.

Alot of poeple can say that I respect Gays for what they are.. I mean that is easy to say, we can only appreciate that statement after one of our brothers/sons/nephews becomes Gay and upon that reflect back to this day when we had repealed this Law and then more Gay demands for equality to have more Gays shows, openly acceptable Gay marriages, more exposure to Gay activities and because of this our brothers/sons/nephews are Gay.

Only then can we all truly appreciate what the support we gave to this Gay protest has done.

I do not argue to say that Gay are less human, no that is not my point... my point is being Gay is not part of the accepted norm in our society and I (saying for myself) do not wished for the Law to change at all.

../azul123

Quote Originally Posted by azul123 View Post
    For a family to occur there needs to be a union of a men and women, that is the basic natural law.
    Actually what I meant to say is, "For life to occur there needs to be a union of a man and a woman, that is the basic natural law.

../azul123

Actually what I meant to say is, "For life to occur there needs to be a union of a man and a woman, that is the basic natural law.

../azul123
    If all become gays, there will be no more babies born!

I too can add on... but it will then be writing on what this thread was not intended to discuss... homosexuality. So it is not appropriate at this juncture to further transgress.

In life, we have certain rules or laws whether we like it or not... there are basic laws, natural laws etc... For a family to occur there needs to be a union of a men and women, that is the basic natural law.

If a someone is allowed to steal and say that it is my right to take, if you don't like it then defend it... or someone to say I do what I like and people just have to accept it and respect me for what I am, that is just a simplistic viewpoint.

Those who chose to be different or are different cannot force the majority to accept their lifestyles, of course the argument goes both ways.

Alot of poeple can say that I respect Gays for what they are.. I mean that is easy to say, we can only appreciate that statement after one of our brothers/sons/nephews becomes Gay and upon that reflect back to this day when we had repealed this Law and then more Gay demands for equality to have more Gays shows, openly acceptable Gay marriages, more exposure to Gay activities and because of this our brothers/sons/nephews are Gay.

Only then can we all truly appreciate what the support we gave to this Gay protest has done.

I do not argue to say that Gay are less human, no that is not my point... my point is being Gay is not part of the accepted norm in our society and I (saying for myself) do not wished for the Law to change at all.

../azul123
    I too can add on, I myself also, do not wish for the Law to change at all.

I can say with conviction that if my kids are gays, they are better off dead.
    "There are hopes and fears in this world.
    Those with hopes will come with hopes.
    Those with fears will stay at home with fears.
    Those without hopes and fears
    will sleep without hopes and fears."

I can say with conviction that if my kids are gays, they are better off dead.
    For me, I would be sad and dissapointed as a father.. but I would still accept him and have him close to me and my wife and not disown him or anything like that and try to somehow counsel him as best I can rather than chase him away and he facing an uncertain life or rather a certain death.

He is still my own flesh and blood and still my responsibility no matter what his orientation is. This is where family bond is tested the most.

../azul123

If modern homosapeins become extinct, jungles and gorillas will reclaim our cities and civilization.

Cavemen will be able to walk along Orchard Road under a canopy of tropical rain forest with monkeys swinging on the trees and big birds and butterfies everywhere and nature photography with dslr will be more accessible.

luckily we always have foreign talents.

../azul123
    haha if your brothers sons and nephews are going to turn gay simply because they're exposed to another culture, then I should have become Muslim a long time ago because I'm exposed to malay tv and mosques and malay people and nasi goreng?

Another culture, they want to protest, that's what the Speaker's Corner is for right?

It's ok if they aren't accepted norms, a lot of things in Singapore are not accepted norms. Life would be boring if everything was normal.

Quote Originally Posted by mattlock View Post
    haha if your brothers sons and nephews are going to turn gay simply because they're exposed to another culture, then I should have become Muslim a long time ago because I'm exposed to malay tv and mosques and malay people and nasi goreng?

Another culture, they want to protest, that's what the Speaker's Corner is for right?

It's ok if they aren't accepted norms, a lot of things in Singapore are not accepted norms. Life would be boring if everything was normal.
    That's why I always start on the right side of the escalator.

That's why I always start on the right side of the escalator.
    but if there's a gay person standing on that side then you should stay to the left to avoid contact

luckily we always have foreign talents.
    We can import specially screened talents of the highest intelligence from the western world to come here to be sperm donors and half of our future generation will spot blue eyes and golden hairs.

Did I say mine? try imagine if it was your sons or nephews or brothers, and then see if you can laugh about it, else it is just words.

../azul123

Did I say mine? try imagine if it was your sons or nephews or brothers, and then see if you can laugh about it, else it is just words.

../azul123
    what makes you think I don't have any sons nephews or brothers who are gay?
    If you want I can introduce you to my friend's family whose uncle is flamboyantly gay and they have a good laugh about it.
    I'm aware that there are quite a number of people who can't accept homosexuality but do try to put yourself in the other point of view too: some of us just don't think it's such a big deal. To me, they're just another human being, what they do in their bedroom is their problem.

Some men like having anal sex with their wives, some women like being spanked and having wax dripped over them, some men like their balls stepped on by women in high heels, but what they do in their bedroom is their problem lah. Some of the things people do are much more unnatural than being gay. Heard about the guy in HK whose part got stuck in a hole at the park? He inserted it in a drain hole or something...
    Last edited by mattlock; 9th November 2008 at 04:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    We can import specially screened talents of the highest intelligence from the western world to come here to be sperm donors and half of our future generation will spot blue eyes and golden hairs.
    It'll be better if we get obama's sperm.

what makes you think I don't have any sons nephews or brothers who are gay?
    If you want I can introduce you to my friend's family whose uncle is flamboyantly gay and they have a good laugh about it.
    Really? laugh about it?... reading from the newspaper recently (they had a report on transexual), most are them were ostracized.

I guess your family is one of the few who are uniquely different. Good for you.

../azul123

Really? laugh about it?... reading from the newspaper recently (they had a report on transexual), most are them were ostracized.

I guess your family is one of the few who are uniquely different. Good for you.

../azul123
    Transsexuals and homosexuals are different, let's make it clear. But I don't get your point anyway? How does them being ostracized have anything to do with whether it's a terrible thing to be gay (or transsexual in this case)?

I think that anyone who deviates from Singapore's standard path is sure to get ostracized in one way or another. Unless someone overseas recognises you then you come back to Singapore a hero and get all sorts of press.

Mr Ashley Isham is pretty much certainly gay, I think he's doing quite ok. I could name you more than enough gays who contribute quite nicely to our world.

There are a lot of people who will ostracize other people for the littlest reason.
    I remember that mixed race marriages still get flack from people.
    People love giving flack to other people who don't agree with their worldview.
    Luckily society is more tolerant nowadays. Otherwise I might have been stoned for becoming a photographer. Worse if I had become a gay photographer.Worse if I had become ....(censored to prevent myself from being banned haha)
    Last edited by mattlock; 9th November 2008 at 04:56 PM.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast