Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: First gay protest at Speakers' Corner?You going?

Deregistered

Default Re: First gay protest at Speakers' Corner?You going?

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    4 is inauspicious number, time to go as 5

6 is even better as 6 is "luck" in hokkien. Get 6 androgynous guys to go.

Last edited by bovine; 8th November 2008 at 06:52 PM.

Out of curiousity, can anyone tell me if people turn gay by choice? As in, is it a psychological/medical condition that compels a person to turn gay?

Quote Originally Posted by dreaming View Post
    yes, definitely. not close, it should be removed! it's a taboo to discuss this in forum. they r not just fighting for their freedom, it's like promoting gay acceptance in our country. spare a thought for our son! i want them to marry a woman instead of a man.. that's it

BTW, glad that we r not contaminated by the westernized culture. this is still a conservative country.

lastly, not attending!
    "Contaminated" by western culture??? For your information, Asian cultures were happily having homosexual relations long before the westerners even had culture.... One good example the Chinese, the Indians, certain tribes in South American and Indonesia...... Go read your history....

Please get your facts right before spewing a whole load of bull. Sorry Mods... I know I am risking infraction but I just cannot watch when bigots promote intolerance and ignorance.

To me such statements are not unlike the whites saying blacks are mutts and half humans during the time when there was black slavery, Imperial Chinese saying that other races are less human than the Chinese race, and the early Australians regarding the aboriginal people as not even human but vermin to be shot on sight. Please we are in the 21st century. Just because someone is different, we use such prejudice and spread such bigotry.... is this how civilized people behave? Or are we no better than hillbillies, ignorant and laughable.

Quote Originally Posted by aeskywan View Post
    "Contaminated" by western culture??? For your information, Asian cultures were happily having homosexual relations long before the westerners even had culture.... One good example the Chinese, the Indians, certain tribes in South American and Indonesia...... Go read your history....
    Hi, if you look into SINGAPOREAN history, Hainanese boys used to be brought in as prostitutes.
    For the men.
    I got this information off a book on the history of Singapore from the 19th to 21st century, I thought it would be interesting to share.

how about go in a group of seven??

Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

can we stay on topic about going or not going?

catchlights - your dwarves, some of them not there luh

i maintain that the more the merrier. so let's just form a group of 12:

Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post
    how about go in a group of seven??
    Like dat I better go alone as

Last edited by Sion; 8th November 2008 at 08:06 PM.

Just want to know anyone will go as a Superman so that we don't duplicate him in our selection of costumes?

Last edited by Sion; 8th November 2008 at 11:28 PM.

Thumbs down Re: First gay protest at Speakers' Corner?You going?

Quote Originally Posted by aeskywan View Post

Please get your facts right before spewing a whole load of bull. Sorry Mods... I know I am risking infraction but I just cannot watch when bigots promote intolerance and ignorance.

To me such statements are not unlike the whites saying blacks are mutts and half humans during the time when there was black slavery, Imperial Chinese saying that other races are less human than the Chinese race, and the early Australians regarding the aboriginal people as not even human but vermin to be shot on sight. Please we are in the 21st century. Just because someone is different, we use such prejudice and spread such bigotry.... is this how civilized people behave? Or are we no better than hillbillies, ignorant and laughable.
    So is mod going to give infraction?

Quote Originally Posted by JillValentine View Post
    So is mod going to give infraction?
    For saying the truth?????

Quote Originally Posted by hongsien View Post
    For saying the truth?????
    Why did he say "I am risking infraction"?

At least some people are willing to make this thread more interesting with some colourful pictures with certain amount of amusements. Sion you're sure leading the way all the time.

Brave indeed for those who come in to participate instead of lurking. As we progress and learn we will soon realized that personal growth isn't so easy. It can be a long long hard journey before we reach there.

How you think about fellow human beings will create your own reality. Isn't it exactly the same way you would think about yourself? Your thoughts create your true reality.

We disapproved others for being slow, long winded, sloppy, having unacceptable behaviors, being arrogant, being insensitive and even being stupid. But did we ever berate ourselves at all?

My grandfather told me not to call other fellow human being a "devil" or "ghost" and yourself a "man". That's not fair isn't it. All living human beings should be called "fellowman" as we are all create equal. Our blood is the same colour.

He then gave me a method on how to live as a happy human being. He said, "Best to treat fellow human beings disregard of race and religion with respect, compassion, love and interest".

Finally as I move towards finding the reason for living, I discover it is better to let go of judgments that don't serve you.

For if you cannot accept others how can you accept yourself? Look at the unique way that every human being is created differently.

Quote Originally Posted by forward View Post
    At least some people are willing to make this thread more interesting with some colourful pictures with certain amount of amusements. Sion you're sure leading the way all the time.

Brave indeed for those who come in to participate instead of lurking. As we progress and learn we will soon realized that personal growth isn't so easy. It can be a long long hard journey before we reach there.

How you think about fellow human beings will create your own reality. Isn't it exactly the same way you would think about yourself? Your thoughts create your true reality.

We disapproved others for being slow, long winded, sloppy, having unacceptable behaviors, being arrogant, being insensitive and even being stupid. But did we ever berate ourselves at all?

My grandfather told me not to call other fellow human being a "devil" or "ghost" and yourself a "man". That's not fair isn't it. All living human beings should be called "fellowman" as we are all create equal. Our blood is the same colour.

He then gave me a method on how to live as a happy human being. He said, "Best to treat fellow human beings disregard of race and religion with respect, compassion, love and interest".

Finally as I move towards finding the reason for living, I discover it is better to let go of judgments that don't serve you.

For if you cannot accept others how can you accept yourself? Look at the unique way that every human being is created differently.

amen brother.
    Let us take Obama as inspiration.

Let us be glad too that Singaporeans are taking the effort to speak up about what they feel strongly about, and to organise a "protest", even if we don't necessarily agree with their viewpoints

Quote Originally Posted by ArchRival View Post
    Out of curiousity, can anyone tell me if people turn gay by choice? As in, is it a psychological/medical condition that compels a person to turn gay?
    It will be too easy to find out. Just think how you can find your answer through
    the technology available to you. The answer to your question is just minutes away.

Good question.

We, the public, are easily, lethally offended. We have come to think of taking offence as a fundamental right. We value very little more highly than our rage, which gives us, in our opinion, the moral high ground. From this high ground we can shoot down at our enemies and inflict heavy fatalities. We take pride in our short fuses. Our anger elevates, transcends.

-- Fury, Salman Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by mattlock View Post
    amen brother.
    Let us take Obama as inspiration.

Let us be glad too that Singaporeans are taking the effort to speak up about what they feel strongly about, and to organise a "protest", even if we don't necessarily agree with their viewpoints
    When one starts to explore into the realm of the existence of human beings it is an
    endless road to discovery and understanding leading to world harmony without prejustice.
    Obama will not only be the first inspiration to the most powerful country in the world at the moment!

He can be a legend in the future history of America.

You know the first thing he wanted to do? He tells the whole world he wanted to buy a pet dog.

This is really giving a big break of his powerful observation to some of the weakness of some fellow human beings.

Bravo to Obama!

It will be too easy to find out. Just think how you can find your answer through
    the technology available to you. The answer to your question is just minutes away.

Good question.

I know what the current scientific opinion regarding homosexuals are.

But given there are those here who condemn homosexuals as "immoral", i'm interested in the opinions of these people, ie if they believe turning gay is a medical/psychological condition, and whether homosexuals have any choice in the matter.

See, its simple. There are studies that blame homosexuality on genetic defects, though not conclusive. If a person turns gay because of defective genes, the worst thing you can say about him is he has a genetic disease, the way people inherit asthma, or turn out colourblind etc. The person is sick not by choice, and definitely not immoral.

Then there are studies that suggest it is the environment that compels a person to turn gay. Things like off-wack parents dressing a boy as a girl because they always wanted a girl, etc. Now, the worst thing you can say about such a person is he is psychologically disturbed or unbalanced, or sick in the head, but again definitely not immoral.

Scientific studies on homosexuality are not conclusive and are often flawed, but i suspect the real reason why the morally-inclined reject/ignore them is because it robs them of the chance to be morally-superior, and it robs them of the right to condemn/hate others.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/3735668.stm
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21309724/

Then there are those who turn gay because it is cool/fashionable/different etc. Attention seekers who go around acting all sissy, kpkb about how they are ostracized, misunderstood, etc, and go around pinching real men on their butts. These gays are so annoying, you can burn them at the stake for all i care.

This thread more than anyhting has shown what an inclusive society Singapore is.

The fringe dwellers, the bonhemians, the disadvantaged, the heartlanders, the foreingers etc. etc. have all a genuine place in this land.

We have no other choice in our stride to acquire the first world status because we have to leave our third world mentality, insentivity and ungraciousness behind.

Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    This thread more than anyhting has shown what an inclusive society Singapore is.

The fringe dwellers, the bonhemians, the disadvantaged, the heartlanders, the foreingers etc. etc. have all a genuine place in this land.

We have no other choice in our stride to acquire the first world status because we have to leave our third world mentality, insentivity and ungraciousness behind.
    it includes cartoon characters,

even the teletubbies

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    it includes cartoon characters,

even the teletubbies
    Not forgetting to include the adorable Buaya:

Last edited by Sion; 9th November 2008 at 09:59 AM.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast