Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 180

Thread: First gay protest at Speakers' Corner?You going?

  1. #61
    Moderator catchlights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Punggol, Singapore
    Posts
    21,902

    Default Re: First gay protest at Speakers' Corner?You going?

    Quote Originally Posted by drakon09 View Post
    Ok, I'm confused, is the event:

    1. A Happy Protest
    2. A Demonstration Against Homosexuality
    3. An Argument for Homosexual Rights?
    taken from Breaking News of straitstimes.com
    a GLBT (gay, lesbian, bisexual and transsexual) pride parade, he said it would feature speeches on gay rights. Participants would march around the park with placards to protest against Section 377A of the Penal Code, which criminalises homosexual sex. There was also to be a public forum on the difficulties that gay Singaporeans here face.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

  2. #62

    Default Re: First gay protest at Speakers' Corner?You going?

    Ah thanks.

    I find some of the more puritanical comments made there disturbing...

  3. #63
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Kembangan
    Posts
    151

    Default Re: First gay protest at Speakers' Corner?You going?

    Should we close this thread since it is like going no where.

  4. #64
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    390

    Default Re: First gay protest at Speakers' Corner?You going?

    Quote Originally Posted by drakon09 View Post
    Ah thanks.

    I find some of the more puritanical comments made there disturbing...
    When did you attend the event? Give more details on the "puritanical comments"
    please. Just making a short remark does not in any way helps readers to understand
    more about the outcome of the event.

    Hope you can give us some more details since you have attended.


  5. #65

    Default Re: First gay protest at Speakers' Corner?You going?

    Quote Originally Posted by forward View Post
    When did you attend the event? Give more details on the "puritanical comments"
    please. Just making a short remark does not in any way helps readers to understand
    more about the outcome of the event.

    Hope you can give us some more details since you have attended.

    I was referring to the comments posted at the Straits Times website; the event itself has been postponed to next year.

  6. #66
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    390

    Default Re: First gay protest at Speakers' Corner?You going?

    Quote Originally Posted by JillValentine View Post
    Should we close this thread since it is like going no where.
    Practice more patience and tolerance, there is no harm doing so, else you can
    go to other threads that are of more interest to you.

    1. Whether one is going or not.

    2. Why not going?

    3. If going, give your reasons and at the same time can share their observations.

    4. Any other views on your mind regarding the event or future ones.

    All the above will be appreciated and can be interesting for discussion without having
    to attack the victim, or other readers participating in this thread. That's where
    community comes in, we reside, enjoy and discuss in a civil manner.

    Last edited by forward; 7th November 2008 at 11:00 PM.

  7. #67
    Senior Member Sion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    新天地
    Posts
    4,768

    Default Re: First gay protest at Speakers' Corner?You going?

    Quote Originally Posted by JillValentine View Post
    Should we close this thread since it is like going no where.
    This thread is going somewhere.

    It is leading to Speakers' Corner.

  8. #68

    Default Re: First gay protest at Speakers' Corner?You going?

    Quote Originally Posted by azul123 View Post
    What is it that they are protesting?

    ../azul123
    hell, aplenty! to name a few:
    gay marriage
    civil right
    377a
    ....
    lastly, more gay year end party!

    FYI,
    http://www.reuters.com/article/reute...4A599C20081106

  9. #69

    Default Re: First gay protest at Speakers' Corner?You going?

    Quote Originally Posted by JillValentine View Post
    Should we close this thread since it is like going no where.
    yes, definitely. not close, it should be removed! it's a taboo to discuss this in forum. they r not just fighting for their freedom, it's like promoting gay acceptance in our country. spare a thought for our son! i want them to marry a woman instead of a man.. that's it

    BTW, glad that we r not contaminated by the westernized culture. this is still a conservative country.

    lastly, not attending!

  10. #70
    Senior Member azul123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Eastern Bloc
    Posts
    2,776

    Default Re: First gay protest at Speakers' Corner?You going?

    Quote Originally Posted by dreaming View Post
    hell, aplenty! to name a few:
    gay marriage
    civil right
    377a
    ....
    lastly, more gay year end party!

    FYI,
    http://www.reuters.com/article/reute...4A599C20081106
    Still not going... going might mean I am showing support. The more support they get could have long term affect to society.

    ../azul123

  11. #71

    Exclamation Re: First gay protest at Speakers' Corner?You going?

    Quote Originally Posted by drakon09 View Post
    Ok, I'm confused, is the event:

    1. A Happy Protest
    2. A Demonstration Against Homosexuality
    3. An Argument for Homosexual Rights?
    #3 lah.

  12. #72
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Kembangan
    Posts
    151

    Default Re: First gay protest at Speakers' Corner?You going?

    Quote Originally Posted by dreaming View Post
    yes, definitely. not close, it should be removed! it's a taboo to discuss this in forum. they r not just fighting for their freedom, it's like promoting gay acceptance in our country. spare a thought for our son! i want them to marry a woman instead of a man.. that's it

    BTW, glad that we r not contaminated by the westernized culture. this is still a conservative country.

    lastly, not attending!
    I also think it should be removed!

    Quote Originally Posted by forward View Post
    Practice more patience and tolerance, there is no harm doing so, else you can
    go to other threads that are of more interest to you.

    1. Whether one is going or not.

    2. Why not going?

    3. If going, give your reasons and at the same time can share their observations.

    4. Any other views on your mind regarding the event or future ones.

    All the above will be appreciated and can be interesting for discussion without having
    to attack the victim, or other readers participating in this thread. That's where
    community comes in, we reside, enjoy and discuss in a civil manner.

    I got lots of things to say but I read the terms and regulations of CS restricted me not to say. So I'm posting on other more open forums elsewhere on this topic.

  13. #73
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Kembangan
    Posts
    151

    Default Re: First gay protest at Speakers' Corner?You going?

    Quote Originally Posted by azul123 View Post
    Still not going... going might mean I am showing support. The more support they get could have long term affect to society.

    ../azul123
    That's one of the reasons I'm not going. I've other reasons which I cannot post here.

  14. #74

    Default Re: First gay protest at Speakers' Corner?You going?

    I also have a lot to say about holier-than-thou religious freaks, but I read the terms and regulations of CS restricted me not to say. So I'm posting on other more open forums elsewhere on this topic.

  15. #75
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Kembangan
    Posts
    151

    Default Re: First gay protest at Speakers' Corner?You going?

    Quote Originally Posted by forward View Post
    Practice more patience and tolerance, there is no harm doing so, else you can
    go to other threads that are of more interest to you.

    1. Whether one is going or not.

    2. Why not going?

    3. If going, give your reasons and at the same time can share their observations.

    4. Any other views on your mind regarding the event or future ones.

    All the above will be appreciated and can be interesting for discussion without having
    to attack the victim, or other readers participating in this thread. That's where
    community comes in, we reside, enjoy and discuss in a civil manner.


    Talking about "patience and tolerance"...

    Quote Originally Posted by Kusum Kangguru View Post
    I also have a lot to say about holier-than-thou religious freaks, but I read the terms and regulations of CS restricted me not to say. So I'm posting on other more open forums elsewhere on this topic.
    That's another reason why I suggest to close this thread.

  16. #76
    Senior Member Sion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    新天地
    Posts
    4,768

    Default Re: First gay protest at Speakers' Corner?You going?

    Quote Originally Posted by JillValentine View Post
    That's one of the reasons I'm not going. I've other reasons which I cannot post here.
    I want to go.

    But I don't want to people to know I go.

    So I'll go in this disguise:


  17. #77
    Moderator catchlights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Punggol, Singapore
    Posts
    21,902

    Default Re: First gay protest at Speakers' Corner?You going?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    I want to go.

    But I don't want to people to know I go.

    So I'll go in this disguise:
    think you better find a partner go with you.......

    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

  18. #78

    Default Re: First gay protest at Speakers' Corner?You going?

    Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post
    think you better find a partner go with you.......

    still too lonely

    better get three


  19. #79
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Departed....
    Posts
    129

    Default Re: First gay protest at Speakers' Corner?You going?

    Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post
    think you better find a partner go with you.......


    Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    still too lonely

    better get three

    2 is a company, 3 is a crowd so go in fours!


  20. #80

    Default Re: First gay protest at Speakers' Corner?You going?

    Quote Originally Posted by bovine View Post
    2 is a company, 3 is a crowd so go in fours!

    4 is inauspicious number, time to go as 5


Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •