Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: is it okay for degree grads to take up diploma jobs in this economic crisis ?

Default Re: is it okay for degree grads to take up diploma jobs in this economic crisis ?

Just grab anything you can if you are desperate to get a job.
    I'm here to learn.:flame:

Default Re: is it okay for degree grads to take up diploma jobs in this economic crisis ?

Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    The musically gifted photographers will have no fear. They can play Ehru at street corners.
    too bad, I can't sing and can't play instrument.

so if time is very bad, than I have to offer taking passport photos for those got retrenchment/termination of contract for applying new job at the job center also.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

The musically gifted photographers will have no fear. They can play Ehru at street corners.
    Fortunately there is still a harmonica and an old accordian in the cupboard.
    There is still a musical stand for putting your notes and a few pairs of washi bi
    clothes to rely on.

Need to clean and polish them up and be prepared and ever ready!

well not many deg holders is willing to eat the humble pie to take a lower pay cut...i know even my dip friend is not willing to do that, that's why i have a lower-paying job and he is still jobless, unfortunately.
    Last edited by Simon_84; 1st November 2008 at 11:28 AM.

my this fren has 10 over years in IT industry, current offer was a non-IT one.. but recession proof.

i told him, think of the word SURVIVAL

1 of our bro in CS asked issit too late to learn violin or something. I guess now is the best time . I have harmonica too, if u guys passing by someone carry a D300 playing harmonica at clarke quay..pls support a bit. If possible leave down ur name card. Once I get rich ,I sure pay u back.
    Mee Poh Man. "I am kampong man"

Quote Originally Posted by Simon_84 View Post
    well not many deg holders is willing to eat the humble pie to take a lower pay cut...i know even my dip friend is not willing to do that, that's why i have a lower-paying job and he is still jobless, unfortunately.
    some dunno how to think at times, when u worked each day, u get paid in cash and CPF ! plus medical benefits.. time is money ! and being a guy.. a jobless track record is no good to a female perception of career stability
    Last edited by Exposure; 1st November 2008 at 11:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Exposure View Post
    some dunno how to think at times, when u worked each day, u get paid in cash and CPF ! plus medical benefits.. some free transport
    It is the person's way of seeing and that is also the reflection of his future life's attitude.

The beauty in life can only be found by being humble, forgetting the materialistic nature of
    the human kind and move on to live life simply while acquiring great wisdom and wealth
    which we can share with extreme happiness.

They have not heard of people can go from rags and so on....
    but must know how to eat the humble pie many times for certain cases.

it really takes more than just a cert to excel in career, i had a diploma fren who made 1 million in 3 years of stock brokering during the bull market. Of cos now bear market, he is making up drop in his income thru private tution.
    Last edited by Exposure; 1st November 2008 at 11:43 AM.

sometimes it depends on whether u are lucky enough to eat that humble pie. eating humble pies does not guarantee material success, cos if it did, its no longer a humble pie.

Quote Originally Posted by Clues View Post
    1 of our bro in CS asked issit too late to learn violin or something. I guess now is the best time . I have harmonica too, if u guys passing by someone carry a D300 playing harmonica at clarke quay..pls support a bit. If possible leave down ur name card. Once I get rich ,I sure pay u back.
    I think Nikon has a harmonica version of digicam. You can blow and shoot at the same time.

It is water proof too so the mouth water won't get inside the camera body to fog the sensor.

The sensor is vibration proof also because the bass notes of the harmonica can cause a bit of vibration.

All you need is foot-controlled drum and cymbals under your arms, you'll be a one-man band.

Quote Originally Posted by sORe-EyEz View Post
    sometimes it depends on whether u are lucky enough to eat that humble pie. eating humble pies does not guarantee material success, cos if it did, its no longer a humble pie.
    I used to work in an expensive downtown restaurant as a waiter. Often the rich men would come in and ordered a pie.

I asked politely, "Waht sort of pie may I get you sir?"

They always asked for humble pie.

I used to work in an expensive downtown restaurant as a waiter. Often the rich men would come in and ordered a pie.

I asked politely, "Waht sort of pie may I get you sir?"

They always asked for humble pie.
    now i confused...

expensive restaurant serving humble pie.

just heard two of my friends had been jobless for almost a year... but only to find out that they had been really choosy. and they are U grads
    Last edited by Exposure; 2nd November 2008 at 10:25 AM.

I think Nikon has a harmonica version of digicam. You can blow and shoot at the same time.

It is water proof too so the mouth water won't get inside the camera body to fog the sensor.

The sensor is vibration proof also because the bass notes of the harmonica can cause a bit of vibration.

All you need is foot-controlled drum and cymbals under your arms, you'll be a one-man band.
    My harmonica has VR... Bhahahaha.
    Mee Poh Man. "I am kampong man"

Quote Originally Posted by Exposure View Post
    just heard two of my friends had been jobless for almost a year... but only to find out that they had been really choosy. and they are U grads
    May this sharing from the Inner Journey bring your friends to view this thread:

We experience what we believe

"You are free to believe what you choose and what you do attests to what you believe."

-- A Course of Miracles

You most likely believe that your experiences have taught you what is real and what is true – at least for you. However, what you may not know is that your beliefs – conscious and unconscious – have determined what you would experience.

Experiences do not determine what you believe. What you first of all believe is what you will experience. It follows, then, that if you wish to experience life in new ways, you need to examine your belief systems.

Change your consciousness and you’ll change your life.

“Sooner or later, those who win are those who think they can.”

-- Richard Bach

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    When people believe that it is down right shameful to do a job
    with lower status and a high paid cut, they deserve to be what
    they want to be. Maybe they are having enough savings to pull through.

It is their choice.

Take whatever job that comes. There is no shame in having a decent job regardless how lowly it may appear to be, and how over qualified the person is. The only type of clowns to be laughed at are the ones who have 2 hands and 2 legs, yet choose to sit at home doing nothing becos they cannot find 'suitable' work.

You think when a master degree holder in English Literature when applying to wash dishes in food court, he will show his degree papers?

I think he'll try to convince the stall keepers he has got some qualifications in Dishwashalogy instead.

Same like when you do a whole day wedding for $250 you don't bother to impress the bride and groom that you have assisted Helmut Newton or Karl Lagerfeld or Richard Avedon before.

still the ball is in the employer's court, best if u click with the interviewer the 1st round of getting closer to any job.

reality is one thing, believe another. if 1 chooses to see the world with tinted lenses oso bobian.

i realised for women, when they have looks, making a good career is very easy

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast