Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 25 of 25

Thread: Is it too late to learn the violin?

  1. #21
    Member terryansimon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Quahog, Rhode Island
    Posts
    95

    Default Re: Is it too late to learn the violin?

    Quote Originally Posted by jungsangchoe View Post
    picking up is not much of the issue

    its jus whether u can commit yourself to keep at it...

    how much u love it and how much time ur willing to spend to get it right....

    what ever you learn or do, i think its all about practice....

    more practice comes improvement...

    so if you do pick up pls let me know...

    haha i like it too but i have other commitments so cant pick up myself
    precisely. the most important bit is the sustaining of one's interest. too often we go head first into something out of passion, only to realise when the adrenaline has gone away that it wasn't all that hyped up to be.
    chicken fight!

  2. #22
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    390

    Default Re: Is it too late to learn the violin?

    Quote Originally Posted by Love_sky View Post
    Nope ... I always believe prastice make it perfect

    My friend start learning guitar at the age of 28 and doing well now ..

    All the best .. cheers
    Practice never make perfect...

    Only well guided practice makes perfect.

    Practicing without proper guidance will not lead you to be perfect.

    Aha, remember I was a jack of all trade during the days of twenties...
    for going proper vision and solid focus, so just go for fun in getting knowledge
    on the concert flute, saxaphone, clarinet, guitar, harmonica and even the full size
    accordian including the electric organ. Musically minded folks are sometimes....
    you name it then....


  3. #23
    Senior Member Sion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    新天地
    Posts
    4,768

    Default Re: Is it too late to learn the violin?

    Quote Originally Posted by terryansimon View Post
    precisely. the most important bit is the sustaining of one's interest. too often we go head first into something out of passion, only to realise when the adrenaline has gone away that it wasn't all that hyped up to be.
    Not so with photography.

    The adrenaline may have gone.

    But the XMMs will sustain the interest very long.

  4. #24
    Member terryansimon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Quahog, Rhode Island
    Posts
    95

    Default Re: Is it too late to learn the violin?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    Not so with photography.

    The adrenaline may have gone.

    But the XMMs will sustain the interest very long.
    point is only valid until one factors in mini adrenal rush from sight of XMM, and the release of dopamine in the brain as well.

    hehehe.
    chicken fight!

  5. #25
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    990

    Default Re: Is it too late to learn the violin?

    Quote Originally Posted by forward View Post
    Practice never make perfect...

    Only well guided practice makes perfect.

    Practicing without proper guidance will not lead you to be perfect.

    Aha, remember I was a jack of all trade during the days of twenties...
    for going proper vision and solid focus, so just go for fun in getting knowledge
    on the concert flute, saxaphone, clarinet, guitar, harmonica and even the full size
    accordian including the electric organ. Musically minded folks are sometimes....
    you name it then....

    Well said, I know of a few friends who are taking lessons from "music teachers" for instruments like flute and piano privately for many years and they can't play really well despite their great enthusiasm.

    A good teacher knows how to guide you uniquely so that you can progress fast and is able to pick out your limitations and have ways to help you break new boundaries. Use to have an SSO intructor, really changed my playing technique from mediocre to good.
    Dun blame the camera...blame the one behind the viewfinder :bsmilie:
    My Flickr..pls leave comments!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •