Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Testing of Flash before Purchase?

  1. #1
    Member/Tangshooter zh3ng's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Tampines, Singapore
    Posts
    702

    Default Testing of Flash before Purchase?

    Hi I've searched through, pardon me if I left it out.

    What are the things I need to look out for and how do I do the test?

    I've never played with external flash before, and wish to buy a first hand SB600.

    Pls do guide me! Thanks!

  2. #2

    Default Re: Testing of Flash before Purchase?

    Quote Originally Posted by zh3ng View Post
    Hi I've searched through, pardon me if I left it out.

    What are the things I need to look out for and how do I do the test?

    I've never played with external flash before, and wish to buy a first hand SB600.

    Pls do guide me! Thanks!
    first of all insert batteries and see if the flash fires.

    second depends how well you know your camera as different cameras have different results with the same flash plus extra features.
    I photograph the dead.

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Singapore, east-ish
    Posts
    2,291

    Default Re: Testing of Flash before Purchase?

    Quote Originally Posted by zh3ng View Post
    Hi I've searched through, pardon me if I left it out.

    What are the things I need to look out for and how do I do the test?

    I've never played with external flash before, and wish to buy a first hand SB600.

    Pls do guide me! Thanks!
    oh you might also wanna check if the Creative Lighting System sensor (the little black circle on its right side) is working

    Can your body serve as a commander? What body are you using?

  4. #4
    Member/Tangshooter zh3ng's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Tampines, Singapore
    Posts
    702

    Default Re: Testing of Flash before Purchase?

    Quote Originally Posted by Daedalus Trent View Post
    oh you might also wanna check if the Creative Lighting System sensor (the little black circle on its right side) is working

    Can your body serve as a commander? What body are you using?
    Hi bro, i'm using the old man D70. lol It's capable of being the commander, an old one though. lol

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Singapore, east-ish
    Posts
    2,291

    Default Re: Testing of Flash before Purchase?

    Quote Originally Posted by zh3ng View Post
    Hi bro, i'm using the old man D70. lol It's capable of being the commander, an old one though. lol

    Good stuff,that
    (they don't make entry-level DSLRs like they use to)

    yea, you should test the CLS

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •