Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: FORMULA 1 GRANDE PREMIO DO BRASIL 2008 (Sun 02 November 2008)

Default Re: FORMULA 1 GRANDE PREMIO DO BRASIL 2008 (Sun 02 November 2008)

Hey guys,
    Looks like it was quite an eventful race !!!

I didn't even check on the internet for the result this morning. When I went to work, my colleagues were oh so excited. They asked me "Did you see ? Did you see ?". I asked them "See what ?". "The race lah, of course...". And then it dawned to me that last night (rather this morning) was the last race of the season

We spent the next half an hour over coffee, to go through the entire sequence of events...

And then, I came here to read all your exciting posts.

Hope you guys enjoyed the race. Too bad I missed it...

I must say congrats to Hamilton. Last year when he started driving, I had commented that this guy is phenomenal and he is giving Alonso a run for his money. Soon, the c0ckiness pissed me off. Anyways, he was unlucky last year (I remember Shanghai 2007 very well...). He drove well this year but he seems to have gathered a fair share of detractors both on and off the circuit.

Too bad, Massa ran out of luck. Too many things went wrong for him this year - including that boo boo with the fuel hose in Singapore.

I hope Ferrari changes their lineup. This pair is depressing to me. Kimi needs to be woken up from his slumber. There seems to be no passion to win. Put some fire under this iceman.

Lets hope for a more exciting championship in 2009. Best of luck to all of you folks. Happy for all of you.

Signing off for F1 2008
    The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt....

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla Invades View Post
    Funny when Hamilton won his first championship, everybody seems to be dejected by it.
    cos he's too arrogant. claiming that the title is "morally" his. and daring to compare himself with the racing greats. he's such a pompous a-s-s.

Quote Originally Posted by asterixsg View Post
    Hey guys,
    Looks like it was quite an eventful race !!!

I didn't even check on the internet for the result this morning. When I went to work, my colleagues were oh so excited. They asked me "Did you see ? Did you see ?". I asked them "See what ?". "The race lah, of course...". And then it dawned to me that last night (rather this morning) was the last race of the season

We spent the next half an hour over coffee, to go through the entire sequence of events...

And then, I came here to read all your exciting posts.

Hope you guys enjoyed the race. Too bad I missed it...

I must say congrats to Hamilton. Last year when he started driving, I had commented that this guy is phenomenal and he is giving Alonso a run for his money. Soon, the c0ckiness pissed me off. Anyways, he was unlucky last year (I remember Shanghai 2007 very well...). He drove well this year but he seems to have gathered a fair share of detractors both on and off the circuit.

Too bad, Massa ran out of luck. Too many things went wrong for him this year - including that boo boo with the fuel hose in Singapore.

I hope Ferrari changes their lineup. This pair is depressing to me. Kimi needs to be woken up from his slumber. There seems to be no passion to win. Put some fire under this iceman.

Lets hope for a more exciting championship in 2009. Best of luck to all of you folks. Happy for all of you.

Signing off for F1 2008
    Wah.....actually for most of the race, it was uneventful except for some light rain here and there. It all started with Kubica. He gave all Brazilian and Ferrari fans hope as he drove like crazy to unlap himself and it cause Ham to make a mistake and Vettel took it. The way Kubica unlap himself seem like he got a rocket strapped to his car. If he got such pace, he and BMW will be champs!

As for Massa, his most devastating blow had to be the engine failure with only 3 laps to go at dunno which race, I forgot. That cost him 10 massive pts, which will be useful.

Kimi really woke up when Massa needs him. Had some strong races after SGGP.

Quote Originally Posted by madmacs View Post
    cos he's too arrogant. claiming that the title is "morally" his. and daring to compare himself with the racing greats. he's such a pompous a-s-s.
    Yeah his attitude puts ppl off. I actually like him last year but ..... congrats to him and thats all for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Canew View Post
    The rain! What else is there to blame?
    Wah u forget really fast. Just before the rain came and made ham to pit for wet tyres, he was 4th. If no rain, he will be very comfy in 4th. It was the rain that screwed him up, esp when the Toyotas took a chance and stay with dry tyres.

Why would Ferrari want to blame others? They are constructors champion again!

Why all the resentment towards Hamilton winning? He worked hard for it, yeah he was arrogant about it at times but which F1 driver isn't?

Quote Originally Posted by afbug View Post
    Wah u forget really fast. Just before the rain came and made ham to pit for wet tyres, he was 4th. If no rain, he will be very comfy in 4th. It was the rain that screwed him up, esp when the Toyotas took a chance and stay with dry tyres.
    Oh ya hor... that is the effect of anecdotal comments!

Wah.....actually for most of the race, it was uneventful except for some light rain here and there. It all started with Kubica. He gave all Brazilian and Ferrari fans hope as he drove like crazy to unlap himself and it cause Ham to make a mistake and Vettel took it. The way Kubica unlap himself seem like he got a rocket strapped to his car. If he got such pace, he and BMW will be champs!
    Pork Slice deserves this fully. Remember he tried to pull the same stunt on Alonso in Fuji. Though he had nothing to gain... he still did it!!!

As for Massa, his most devastating blow had to be the engine failure with only 3 laps to go at dunno which race, I forgot. That cost him 10 massive pts, which will be useful.
    Not only did Massa lose out in the points in Hungary because of engine failure, he also lose out in Singapore because of some pit-stop bungle. If not for these incidents, he would have clinched the WDC title in Shanghai.
    Mythbusters - the bigger the explosion, the better it is.

a nice gesture from Massa even in defeat. he's a true gentleman.

Sport Bild reports that Massa sent his younger brother to the Toyota garage to advise team members to change out of their uniforms before leaving the circuit, located just outside sprawling Sao Paulo.

Apparently, Toyota figures did heed the warning, returning to their hotels or to the airport wearing Brazilian national team jerseys, or spare uniforms of the Renault or Ferrari teams.
    source... http://en.f1-live.com/f1/en/headline...03162016.shtml

Quote Originally Posted by mohgui View Post

Sport Bild reports that Massa sent his younger brother to the Toyota garage to advise team members to change out of their uniforms before leaving the circuit, located just outside sprawling Sao Paulo.

Apparently, Toyota figures did heed the warning, returning to their hotels or to the airport wearing Brazilian national team jerseys, or spare uniforms of the Renault or Ferrari teams.
    Notice it is the spare uniform of Ferrari and Renault, but no Mclaren
    Canon 650D|Panasonic LX3 / LX5
    50mm f/1.8 | 85mm f/1.8 | 12-24mm f/4 | 28-75mm f/2.8

i would say the sg race was the most devastating since it was totally avoidable. if only they had not placed blind faith in technology.

Pork Slice deserves this fully. Remember he tried to pull the same stunt on Alonso in Fuji. Though he had nothing to gain... he still did it!!!

Not only did Massa lose out in the points in Hungary because of engine failure, he also lose out in Singapore because of some pit-stop bungle. If not for these incidents, he would have clinched the WDC title in Shanghai.
    Yep, to me Massa lost the Driver's championship not due to his lack of skills, but rather the reliabilty of the car and pit crews error. He actually drove quite brillantly this season. Of course F1 is still a team competition, so no use harping about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Evilmerlin View Post
    Why all the resentment towards Hamilton winning? He worked hard for it, yeah he was arrogant about it at times but which F1 driver isn't?
    massa, button, barrichello, robert kubica, rosberg, nakajima, boudais to name a few...a least they dont seem arrogant to me

Quote Originally Posted by madmacs View Post
    i would say the sg race was the most devastating since it was totally avoidable. if only they had not placed blind faith in technology.
    Ferrari lost the driver's championship for Massa.

Quote Originally Posted by kelccm View Post
    Yep, to me Massa lost the Driver's championship not due to his lack of skills, but rather the reliabilty of the car and pit crews error. He actually drove quite brillantly this season. Of course F1 is still a team competition, so no use harping about that.
    true indeed.

Caring F. Massa.

Saw this cartoon from another forum:

Thats just demeaning.

Quote Originally Posted by kelccm View Post
    yup... and Ferrari did won the Team's Title (aka Constructor Championship)

Quote Originally Posted by huggable View Post
    Saw this cartoon from another forum:

Haahahah

According to today's ST, Glock was fighting to keep his car on the track on dry tyres, let alone race in the last lap. Thats why he was slow. Din say it was a fuel prob as it can't be a fuel prob as they are fueled for last the distance during the 2nd planned pit stop. The final stop the rest made was for wet tyres.

Well thats it then, case close for me and Hamilton is champs. Massa for next season! Ferrari to go for a hattrick of constructors' title!

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast