Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 133

Thread: FORMULA 1 GRANDE PREMIO DO BRASIL 2008 (Sun 02 November 2008)

  1. #81
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Still wondering where I belong
    Posts
    3,434

    Default Re: FORMULA 1 GRANDE PREMIO DO BRASIL 2008 (Sun 02 November 2008)

    i dun think he slow down deliberately... he got in front of Vettel and Lewis becos he did not pit to change to wet weather tyres... my best guess is he got caught up by both of them who is quicker... run out of fuel unlikely since the all those who pit at the final stages are for chaning tyres not refulling... so Glock should have enough fuel, just that the wet conditions make him slow...

    Congrates to Lewis though im rooting for Massa. He was unlucky to lose last year although that was his own doing, this year, call it lucky or watever the circumstances, he got 5th and thats whats matters... u could say he is damn lucky, but even though im not a fan of his, i have to say he did deserved the 5th place, looking back, he would not have been in such nail bitting situation if not for Kubica...trying to unlapped himself ?? maybe he is trying to let Hamilton taste his own medicine

    anyway the season is over, its sad to see Massa losing in such a way... this is the best chance for him to be world champion, next next u might think he is more fired up, but it will be much tougher... Kimi will be more determind after a poor season, Alonso will be there challenging and BMW is going to be very strong next year, remember they stop developement to this yrs cars long ago to focus on next yr...

    last notes. i noe many Ferrari fans will feel disappointed, mi included ... but the championship is not won by a single race... at the end of the season, the one with the most points deserved the championship...

    learn how to lose and we will learn how to win many more...

    GO Kimi !!!
    Gallery|Baby gallery
    I have become an expert in cleaning poo

  2. #82
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    A village in a forest
    Posts
    1,515

    Default Re: FORMULA 1 GRANDE PREMIO DO BRASIL 2008 (Sun 02 November 2008)

    Congrats to

    FERRARI CONSTRUCTOR'S CHAMPION 2008
    Canon 80D|Panasonic LX3/LX5
    35f2 IS|50f1.8|85f1.8|12-24f4|18-135f4-5.6 IS|28-75f2.8

  3. #83

    Default Re: FORMULA 1 GRANDE PREMIO DO BRASIL 2008 (Sun 02 November 2008)

    Quote Originally Posted by flowerpot View Post
    i dun think he slow down deliberately... he got in front of Vettel and Lewis becos he did not pit to change to wet weather tyres... my best guess is he got caught up by both of them who is quicker... run out of fuel unlikely since the all those who pit at the final stages are for chaning tyres not refulling... so Glock should have enough fuel, just that the wet conditions make him slow...

    Congrates to Lewis though im rooting for Massa. He was unlucky to lose last year although that was his own doing, this year, call it lucky or watever the circumstances, he got 5th and thats whats matters... u could say he is damn lucky, but even though im not a fan of his, i have to say he did deserved the 5th place, looking back, he would not have been in such nail bitting situation if not for Kubica...trying to unlapped himself ?? maybe he is trying to let Hamilton taste his own medicine

    anyway the season is over, its sad to see Massa losing in such a way... this is the best chance for him to be world champion, next next u might think he is more fired up, but it will be much tougher... Kimi will be more determind after a poor season, Alonso will be there challenging and BMW is going to be very strong next year, remember they stop developement to this yrs cars long ago to focus on next yr...

    last notes. i noe many Ferrari fans will feel disappointed, mi included ... but the championship is not won by a single race... at the end of the season, the one with the most points deserved the championship...

    learn how to lose and we will learn how to win many more...

    GO Kimi !!!
    Good call! Yes glock was struggling with the dry tyres. I didnt notice both Vettel and Hamilton had overtaken him until i saw 5. HAM on the side bar! Steve Slater and Karun Chandhok are really horrible commentators. Hope starsports will assign a better commentator to us for 2009! Maybe they'll use the BBC commentators, the lineup possible includes David Coulthard, Martin Brundle.

  4. #84
    Senior Member melvin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    TPY
    Posts
    2,681

    Default Re: FORMULA 1 GRANDE PREMIO DO BRASIL 2008 (Sun 02 November 2008)

    Quote Originally Posted by afbug View Post
    Wah Glock gives Hammy the title
    Wah end season so drama...Kelong arh.............

    Any Congrates to FERRARI on the constructor's table, MASSA for winning Brasil GP and lastly Hamilton for overall champ!

  5. #85
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    A village in a forest
    Posts
    1,515

    Default Re: FORMULA 1 GRANDE PREMIO DO BRASIL 2008 (Sun 02 November 2008)

    Quote Originally Posted by lioneldude View Post
    Good call! Yes glock was struggling with the dry tyres. I didnt notice both Vettel and Hamilton had overtaken him until i saw 5. HAM on the side bar! Steve Slater and Karun Chandhok are really horrible commentators. Hope starsports will assign a better commentator to us for 2009! Maybe they'll use the BBC commentators, the lineup possible includes David Coulthard, Martin Brundle.
    Just as long it is not the Mediacorp lineup for the Singapore GP

    Yeah, it was a huge surprise to suddenly see Pork Slice at P5 on the sidebar.
    Canon 80D|Panasonic LX3/LX5
    35f2 IS|50f1.8|85f1.8|12-24f4|18-135f4-5.6 IS|28-75f2.8

  6. #86
    Senior Member Canew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Tampines
    Posts
    2,229

    Default Re: FORMULA 1 GRANDE PREMIO DO BRASIL 2008 (Sun 02 November 2008)

    Quote Originally Posted by flowerpot View Post
    i dun think he slow down deliberately... he got in front of Vettel and Lewis becos he did not pit to change to wet weather tyres... my best guess is he got caught up by both of them who is quicker... run out of fuel unlikely since the all those who pit at the final stages are for chaning tyres not refulling... so Glock should have enough fuel, just that the wet conditions make him slow...

    Congrates to Lewis though im rooting for Massa. He was unlucky to lose last year although that was his own doing, this year, call it lucky or watever the circumstances, he got 5th and thats whats matters... u could say he is damn lucky, but even though im not a fan of his, i have to say he did deserved the 5th place, looking back, he would not have been in such nail bitting situation if not for Kubica...trying to unlapped himself ?? maybe he is trying to let Hamilton taste his own medicine

    anyway the season is over, its sad to see Massa losing in such a way... this is the best chance for him to be world champion, next next u might think he is more fired up, but it will be much tougher... Kimi will be more determind after a poor season, Alonso will be there challenging and BMW is going to be very strong next year, remember they stop developement to this yrs cars long ago to focus on next yr...

    last notes. i noe many Ferrari fans will feel disappointed, mi included ... but the championship is not won by a single race... at the end of the season, the one with the most points deserved the championship...

    learn how to lose and we will learn how to win many more...

    GO Kimi !!!
    flowerpot, well said. See everyone in the F1 threads here at Kopitiam next year!

  7. #87

    Default Re: FORMULA 1 GRANDE PREMIO DO BRASIL 2008 (Sun 02 November 2008)

    Quote Originally Posted by lioneldude View Post
    Good call! Yes glock was struggling with the dry tyres. I didnt notice both Vettel and Hamilton had overtaken him until i saw 5. HAM on the side bar! Steve Slater and Karun Chandhok are really horrible commentators. Hope starsports will assign a better commentator to us for 2009! Maybe they'll use the BBC commentators, the lineup possible includes David Coulthard, Martin Brundle.
    Can't really fault Karun as he isn't a commentator by trade. Steve Slater, on the other hand, leaves alot to be desired. He seems to cook up scenarios as the race go along. For example, last night, several of the drivers went in for slightly longer second stops (8 to 10 seconds), he started to comment about how the pit stops were unusually long, yet he still said these drivers (Glock, Trulli, Hamilton, Massa, etc.) probably will have to come in for fuel again at the end of the race. In the end, they did come in to pit, but thats only for tire change because of the rain.

    Another thing that I have noticed about Steve Slater throughout the years is, he always likes a winner and very unbias about it. Its an open secret that he's a big fan of Michael Schumacher and I'm pretty sure he's a big fan of Hamilton.

    As for Karun, he's too inexperienced. But I guess Star Sports just needed a real driver to pair up with Steve. Chris Goodwin was the best so far. More often than not, he was able to correct Steve Slater's wild-guess scenarios.

  8. #88

    Default Re: FORMULA 1 GRANDE PREMIO DO BRASIL 2008 (Sun 02 November 2008)

    they official statement is that the car had totally no grip in the final few corners ;cos it was raining heavily., so he had to slow down considerably..


    Quote Originally Posted by leej0038 View Post
    i think he just ran out of fuel on the last lap..

  9. #89
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    La La Land
    Posts
    1,294

    Default Re: FORMULA 1 GRANDE PREMIO DO BRASIL 2008 (Sun 02 November 2008)

    wah... what an exciting race during the start and the finish. but other than that... i think it's a bit boring.

    i was feeling ecstatic when Kubica unlapped himself and made Pork Slice run wide. when Vettel overtook Pork Slice... wah... shiok man!!!

    i was hoping that Vettel will keep his cool and not do something rash and Pork Slice to do the opposite...

    and when i first saw Massa crossed the line first... i punched the air in jubilation. however, it is a short-lived one... sianz already. apparently, Glock just handed Pork Slice the much needed 5th position.

    wah... i just went stunned!!!

    i really felt sorry for Massa. he drove such a wonderful and controlled race. he deserved to win. even Karun mentioned that the driver with the most wins should deserve the WDC title.

    anyway, congrats to Pork Slice for winning the WDC. you have all the luck in the world. the title was practically gifted to you at the last few corners.
    Mythbusters - the bigger the explosion, the better it is.

  10. #90
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    La La Land
    Posts
    1,294

    Default Re: FORMULA 1 GRANDE PREMIO DO BRASIL 2008 (Sun 02 November 2008)

    Quote Originally Posted by jeryltan View Post
    they official statement is that the car had totally no grip in the final few corners ;cos it was raining heavily., so he had to slow down considerably..
    sigh...
    Mythbusters - the bigger the explosion, the better it is.

  11. #91

    Default Re: FORMULA 1 GRANDE PREMIO DO BRASIL 2008 (Sun 02 November 2008)

    the most kan cheong finish to the championship in recent years. really down to the wire.

    CONGRATS TO MASSA FOR THE FANTASTIC DRIVE TO 1ST PLACE!!!

    CONGRATS TO FERRARI FOR WINNING THE CONSTRUCTOR'S CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

    CONGRATS TO PORK SLICE FOR WINNING THE DRIVER'S CHAMPIONSHIP




    i loved it when kubica unlapped himself just as the pork slice did to alonso.

    i loved it when vettel overtook the pork slice.

    my heart broke when the pork slice when past timo glock just short of the finish line. dunno what happened to glock. we may never know the full story

    well it was fun while it lasted. now look forward to next season

  12. #92

    Default Re: FORMULA 1 GRANDE PREMIO DO BRASIL 2008 (Sun 02 November 2008)

    Quote Originally Posted by tan131 View Post
    Aside from the drama at the end, I was shocked by Kubica's way of driving... totally uncalled for since he was a lap behind.. Seems like a plot to get Hamilton out to me...
    pork slice did the same to alonso in the previous race. could have been a plot to deny alonso his win

  13. #93
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    La La Land
    Posts
    1,294

    Default Re: FORMULA 1 GRANDE PREMIO DO BRASIL 2008 (Sun 02 November 2008)

    Quote Originally Posted by madmacs View Post
    pork slice did the same to alonso in the previous race. could have been a plot to deny alonso his win
    yah... i was about to comment the same too. Kubica had the right to unlapped himself.
    Mythbusters - the bigger the explosion, the better it is.

  14. #94

    Default Re: FORMULA 1 GRANDE PREMIO DO BRASIL 2008 (Sun 02 November 2008)

    my heart goes out to david coulthard. the collision ruined his last race.

  15. #95

    Default Re: FORMULA 1 GRANDE PREMIO DO BRASIL 2008 (Sun 02 November 2008)

    Quote Originally Posted by kelccm View Post
    Just as long it is not the Mediacorp lineup for the Singapore GP
    was about to say that!

    lets hang on to steve slater for now. he can't do much worse than he is doing now.

  16. #96
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Woodlands
    Posts
    1,376

    Default Re: FORMULA 1 GRANDE PREMIO DO BRASIL 2008 (Sun 02 November 2008)

    So...Whats Luca di Montezemolo going to blame this time?

  17. #97
    Senior Member Canew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Tampines
    Posts
    2,229

    Default Re: FORMULA 1 GRANDE PREMIO DO BRASIL 2008 (Sun 02 November 2008)

    Quote Originally Posted by Evilmerlin View Post
    So...Whats Luca di Montezemolo going to blame this time?
    The rain! What else is there to blame?

  18. #98
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    La La Land
    Posts
    1,294

    Default Re: FORMULA 1 GRANDE PREMIO DO BRASIL 2008 (Sun 02 November 2008)

    Quote Originally Posted by Canew View Post
    The rain! What else is there to blame?
    no lah... the rain actually helped to hold pork slice back. if it's in the dry, i bet pork slice can catch up real soon.

    so who to blame? blame it on Toyota lor...

    but seriously... i think Vettel did a superb job in capitalizing on situation. he is the driver to look out for in seasons to come. i hope he gets a drive with Ferrari. i'm already missing the F1 theme song (German and Italian national anthem)
    Mythbusters - the bigger the explosion, the better it is.

  19. #99
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    A village in a forest
    Posts
    1,515

    Default Re: FORMULA 1 GRANDE PREMIO DO BRASIL 2008 (Sun 02 November 2008)

    Quote Originally Posted by mohgui View Post
    no lah... the rain actually helped to hold pork slice back. if it's in the dry, i bet pork slice can catch up real soon.

    so who to blame? blame it on Toyota lor...

    but seriously... i think Vettel did a superb job in capitalizing on situation. he is the driver to look out for in seasons to come. i hope he gets a drive with Ferrari. i'm already missing the F1 theme song (German and Italian national anthem)
    Canon 80D|Panasonic LX3/LX5
    35f2 IS|50f1.8|85f1.8|12-24f4|18-135f4-5.6 IS|28-75f2.8

  20. #100

    Default Re: FORMULA 1 GRANDE PREMIO DO BRASIL 2008 (Sun 02 November 2008)

    Funny when Hamilton won his first championship, everybody seems to be dejected by it.

    If you go through history on how Shummi won it for the Ferraris and Benetton Ford, no one complains about his win. In fact he was more ruthless with his driving when he first started driving for the F1.

    I do agree Massa is definately a better driver than Hamilton (he has been driving with Ferrari for sometime liao) but I think Massa just ran out of luck at the very end. If we were to go side by side with Massa and Hamilton, Massa would come out in front because Hamilton (due to his KANCHIONGNESS) will lose out on that due to lack of experience.

    I don't think Hamilton would really wanted to win in this way where one car slowed down due to the wet track to let him pass. After all when you are a professional driver, you will want to win it with a bang on your first win.

    Congrats to my favorite driver on his maiden win and the youngest F1 champion. Only Sebastion Vettel is the only one to beat that record if he wins next year.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •