Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 108

Thread: LX3 and external flash...

  1. #61

    Default Re: LX3 and external flash...

    Quote Originally Posted by zcf View Post
    Saw another post on compact flash, wonder flash like this, Sunpak RD2000 will work well on LX3 or not? AS it claim to have TTL for specific brand like Canon and Nikon.

    http://www.sunpak.jp/english/products/rd2000/index.html
    but can use for bounce flash, right?
    Where can i find it in SG?

  2. #62

    Default Re: LX3 and external flash...

    Quote Originally Posted by i1fang View Post
    but can use for bounce flash, right?
    Where can i find it in SG?
    found my ans.
    Sunpak RD2000 works in LX3 in manual, with no TTL, just bounce.
    http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/re...ssage=30786123

  3. #63

    Default Re: LX3 and external flash...

    Tried my friend's Olympus FL-36. It was TTL and not very awkward to hold
    (although, the size before tilting the head was equal to LX3). C.G. was pretty good.

    My friend got it at Funan ($193).
    Wondering if its a steal...

    May i ask how is this FL-36 different from the DMW-FL360?
    Seems the same to me.

  4. #64

    Default Re: LX3 and external flash...

    Quote Originally Posted by butternutsquash View Post
    Tried my friend's Olympus FL-36. It was TTL and not very awkward to hold
    (although, the size before tilting the head was equal to LX3). C.G. was pretty good.

    My friend got it at Funan ($193).
    Wondering if its a steal...

    May i ask how is this FL-36 different from the DMW-FL360?
    Seems the same to me.
    Sounds like a steal to me. I'm browsing through the buy/sell section and all second hand fl-36 are already going for $180+/-

    Care to share which shop in Funan did you get this FL-36? It has been discontinued.

  5. #65

    Default Re: LX3 and external flash...

    Quote Originally Posted by gibberi3h View Post
    Sounds like a steal to me. I'm browsing through the buy/sell section and all second hand fl-36 are already going for $180+/-

    Care to share which shop in Funan did you get this FL-36? It has been discontinued.
    Sorry, need to update my post.

    It is FL-36R (remote) at $203 (GST included). He said the shop is Song Brothers, Funan.
    Last edited by butternutsquash; 11th April 2009 at 11:04 AM.
    "Free your mind and your eyes will follow..."

  6. #66

    Default Re: LX3 and external flash...

    found this
    Metz Compatibility chart, page 7
    http://www.metzflash.co.uk/pdffiles/...rch%202009.pdf

  7. #67

    Default Re: LX3 and external flash...

    Quote Originally Posted by butternutsquash View Post
    Sorry, need to update my post.

    It is FL-36R (remote) at $203 (GST included). He said the shop is Song Brothers, Funan.
    wow... r u sure so cheap? izzit purchase wif purchase?

    By the way, anybody can tell me is FL-50 compatible wif LX-3? Although i know is a bit off-balance but i juz wan to know whether it's compatible anot, like using TTL function all tat
    Every photos has a memory...

  8. #68

    Default Re: LX3 and external flash...

    Quote Originally Posted by butternutsquash View Post
    Sorry, need to update my post.

    It is FL-36R (remote) at $203 (GST included). He said the shop is Song Brothers, Funan.
    I called up Song Brothers just now and they quote me $299 for FL-36R.

    Anyone wants to try their luck and see if they can get it at butternutsquash's price?

    Tel:63330298

    Maybe it's because I sound like I can be choped carrot head.

  9. #69

    Default Re: LX3 and external flash...

    I also think i look like carrot.
    Went there last weekend and they quoted me $297.

    Then no choice, walk out lor. but AP quoted me $340-ish.

    Damn, now i super-'gek'.
    Cos when my friend got that deal, he was also very scared.
    Thinking how can be so cheap.
    He was there checking it for 30mins, to be double-triple sure that it was not fake or werid.



    @ Kwan0029, he did not purchase with purchase.
    Last edited by butternutsquash; 19th April 2009 at 11:50 PM.
    "Free your mind and your eyes will follow..."

  10. #70

    Default Re: LX3 and external flash...

    Saw this Targus model DL80 on website that support Panasonic. Has anyone tried it before?

    http://www.stylefeeder.com/i/s67dzzm...ide-Numbernull

    I also saw in dpview that Targus DL20P is also work well with LX3 provide buy the P model.
    anyone has bought this DL20P (not DL20C or others) and TTL and FP works fine?

    Thanks

  11. #71

    Default Re: LX3 and external flash...

    Anyone uses Canon 550EX on the LX3?
    Read that this combo works but I just can't get mine to fire.

  12. #72

    Default Re: LX3 and external flash...

    anyone know if pentax 540 flash works with lx3

  13. #73
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    JE, Singapore
    Posts
    350

    Question Re: LX3 and external flash...

    Hi, may I know if the LX3 will make use of the external AF assist beam on external flash units & bypass the integrated beam when the external flash is connected?

    Just got a Tumax DSL286AF & no matter what mode I try, even with the built-in AF assist beam configured to "off", the external AF assist beam on the flash unit won't "trigger".

    Any users of LX3 & Tumax flash units can verify this behaviour?

    Thanks in advance.

  14. #74

    Default Re: LX3 and external flash...

    Has anyone looked at Leica cf22? Does anyone know if this has ttl or is compatible with lx3..?I've been looking at getting one for a while but too pricey at $480!(At CP)

  15. #75
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    JE, Singapore
    Posts
    350

    Red face Re: LX3 and external flash...

    Quote Originally Posted by stevie314 View Post
    Has anyone looked at Leica cf22? Does anyone know if this has ttl or is compatible with lx3..?I've been looking at getting one for a while but too pricey at $480!(At CP)
    If your budget is anywhere near that figure, i.e. $4xx, then you might as well get the Panasonic FL360, since that is the "sort-of-official" flash. It's price "shld be" ard $3xx IIRC.

  16. #76

    Default Re: LX3 and external flash...

    Quote Originally Posted by ralliart12 View Post
    Hi, may I know if the LX3 will make use of the external AF assist beam on external flash units & bypass the integrated beam when the external flash is connected?

    Just got a Tumax DSL286AF & no matter what mode I try, even with the built-in AF assist beam configured to "off", the external AF assist beam on the flash unit won't "trigger".

    Any users of LX3 & Tumax flash units can verify this behaviour?

    Thanks in advance.
    External AF assist beam won't work on FL36/FL36R either.
    Quote Originally Posted by stevie314 View Post
    Has anyone looked at Leica cf22? Does anyone know if this has ttl or is compatible with lx3..?I've been looking at getting one for a while but too pricey at $480!(At CP)
    Have use a Leica mini flash but no TTL

  17. #77
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    JE, Singapore
    Posts
    350

    Exclamation Re: LX3 and external flash...

    Quote Originally Posted by jameskkmok View Post
    External AF assist beam won't work on FL36/FL36R either.

    Have use a Leica mini flash but no TTL
    James! R u very sure? That is extremely shocking to me, i.e. I tot it should work as it is the "sorta" the official/premium flash for Panasonic/Olympus cameras. Is it mentioned anywhere on the manual/website that the AF beam will not work on the LX3?

  18. #78

    Default Re: LX3 and external flash...

    Quote Originally Posted by ralliart12 View Post
    James! R u very sure? That is extremely shocking to me, i.e. I tot it should work as it is the "sorta" the official/premium flash for Panasonic/Olympus cameras. Is it mentioned anywhere on the manual/website that the AF beam will not work on the LX3?
    So far my LX3, G1, EP-1 no external AF beam

  19. #79
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    JE, Singapore
    Posts
    350

    Thumbs up Re: LX3 and external flash...

    Quote Originally Posted by jameskkmok View Post
    So far my LX3, G1, EP-1 no external AF beam
    Very sorry to hear that, James. No intention to rub it in, but thank you for the affirmation.

  20. #80

    Default Re: LX3 and external flash...

    im using a nikon sb-30. full manual but works fine for me. easy to bring along when going out. not that powerful though.
    It's all about the moments; and the moments in between. 8 Perpetual || Flickr

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •