Thread: Dell Computer

Default Dell Computer

Anyone has experience negotiating for better price for dell computer or are their prices fixed? I used to read somewhere that if you call and talk to sales person, might get better price or more stuff. Can't find the link anymore.

Default Re: Dell Computer

what is the volume your are looking at?
    unless you are buying a few machines, i don't think they will entertain.
    you can go down to suntec and have a chat with them. best to do it during a IT show or comex weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by tiong78 View Post
    you can go down to suntec and have a chat with them. best to do it during a IT show or comex weekend.
    Oh, you mean there is a dell booth there? I thought only online or during IT show.

Quote Originally Posted by shutterfly View Post
    Oh, you mean there is a dell booth there? I thought only online or during IT show.
    i only gotta know it as well in another forum...

there is 2 stores for you to browse the items, but ordering is still online.

1 @ suntec & another at funan.

http://www1.ap.dell.com/content/topi...hs1&l=en&s=dhs
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by tiong78 View Post
    Yah... I agree... over here in US, everytime I wanna buy something from dell, I always ask my friends and we consolidate our orders and order together... in that way when we call dell, we usually get a discount... from experience, laptops, PCs, Monitors, we were able to get a very good price... but for printers and ink, they only offer reduce 10 dollars for me... Also, I have managed to get them to let each of us pay just for the items we want. I am wondering if this method will work in singapore.

Quote Originally Posted by idor View Post
    Yah... I agree... over here in US, everytime I wanna buy something from dell, I always ask my friends and we consolidate our orders and order together... in that way when we call dell, we usually get a discount... from experience, laptops, PCs, Monitors, we were able to get a very good price... but for printers and ink, they only offer reduce 10 dollars for me... Also, I have managed to get them to let each of us pay just for the items we want. I am wondering if this method will work in singapore.

Yeah, I wonder whether this holds true in Singapore ... been thinking of getting a Dell monitor

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Goi View Post
    Yeah, I wonder whether this holds true in Singapore ... been thinking of getting a Dell monitor
    It's not worth the wait for just that few dollars if you are thinking of consolidating a few more people.

DELL do give discounts but at a larger quantity. My company uses their server and I must say it's brilliant.

The most important in buying any product is not just getting a good discount but also must last at least 2 to 3 years. The reliability of the product is more important than anything else.

I have 2 X 24inch HC and it has been working since day one 2 years ago. So far touch wood nothing bad has happen to my monitors.

I have another 20 inch which also is working well.
    Last edited by Godzilla Invades; 31st October 2008 at 03:29 PM.

Does getting 2 desktops and 1 laptop considered bulk purchase?

Quote Originally Posted by shutterfly View Post
    Does getting 2 desktops and 1 laptop considered bulk purchase?
    Perhaps you could round up with a couple of the new netbook Inspiron Mini 9
    and go to some of the other Dell retailers at Funan. The deal may give you some
    enlightment. You have to browse carefully while at Funan else you may miss out good
    deals at other Dell outlets including Courts.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Goi View Post
    Simply apply your public relation skills to the sales personnel who attend to you.

But make sure you know your product well before you give them a visit.
    Most likely they will not want to recommend any other product as an alternative
    if you are dead center to go for what you want.

If you need a 24inch LCD UltraSharp series, make sure you get the best price from
    them and do not buy immediately. Prices are always changing.

Some of the accessories are not available for purchase at the Funan outlet, but may
    be available at other retailers at the same Funan Centre.

Good bargain hunting Adam.