Thread: U.S.A.

Default U.S.A.

Hi all, will be travelling to the US in Nov. Any advice on how to take care of my D60 during the trip especially the weather changes..? Thanks in advance.

Default Re: U.S.A.

us very big lei...which part...generally dun have to worry too much...unless u bring ur cam into freezer and head into warm places

Quote Originally Posted by narcosis View Post
    Hi all, will be travelling to the US in Nov. Any advice on how to take care of my D60 during the trip especially the weather changes..? Thanks in advance.
    Er. just make sure you bring a camera bag. The rest, don't worry unless you're spending 6 months in Mississippi or something.
    Alpha

Oic..thanks thanks..cos there was once i brought my PnS camera to Hongkong and came back with the lens spoilt..so was wondering any precaution to take this time..!

cos there was once i brought my PnS camera to Hongkong and came back with the lens spoilt..
    so next time dont go HK....

Quote Originally Posted by memorylane View Post
    haha.. good one...

You might want to get additional battery and keeping them warm inside your clothing during cold climate.
    Warmest Regards
    Atlas - Enjoy the World

Quote Originally Posted by memorylane View Post

I don't know why there needs to be different treatment of the camera when going from Singapore to U.S. The U.S. is a much more dry climate with low humidity so actually should be better for the camera. The colder weather isn't a big deal to the camera's themselves or batteries. Don't forget that these camera's are from Japan and Japan has very freezing area's as well. Sudden temperature changes might make a difference so I guess if you travel and put your equipment in the check in luggage compartment it is subject to extream temp changes but if you put in carry on should be no problem.

Quote Originally Posted by sayjaibow View Post
    I don't know why there needs to be different treatment of the camera when going from Singapore to U.S. The U.S. is a much more dry climate with low humidity so actually should be better for the camera. The colder weather isn't a big deal to the camera's themselves or batteries. Don't forget that these camera's are from Japan and Japan has very freezing area's as well. Sudden temperature changes might make a difference so I guess if you travel and put your equipment in the check in luggage compartment it is subject to extream temp changes but if you put in carry on should be no problem.
    There are very hot and humid areas of the USA as well.
    Alpha

Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae View Post
    There are very hot and humid areas of the USA as well.
    yea, TS, you need to tell us where exactly

Oic..thanks thanks..cos there was once i brought my PnS camera to Hongkong and came back with the lens spoilt..so was wondering any precaution to take this time..!
    best then to leave camera in singapore, securely locked behaind a dry cabinet, and jsut go to wherever you are going. Lens weight to lug around too without a camera.
    deadpoet
    my portfolio

Get this in the US

Camera Armour
    http://www.cameraarmor.us/
    Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis of a government
    Flickr

Just the usual precautions will do. Your dSLR can take some punishment, so just be sure to be careful and you'd be fine. As discussed over several other threads, you may wish to pack more batteries or figure out some way to heat up the batteries if you are heading towards cooler weather. Low temperatures significantly reduce battery life.