Thread: Lens Case: Lowepro vs Think Tank

Default Lens Case: Lowepro vs Think Tank

I was wondering which do you guys prefer?

I know Lowepro has thick paddings which is good. But it is also quite bulky and sometimes a hassle to bring already.

I read from Think Tank website that the paddings isnt very thick. Therefore it is less bulky and stuff. But my concern is, does it provide good protection for the lenses? And can it sustain light bangs and stuff like that?

I am actually looking for lens cases for my Canon 24-70 and 70-200 f4. Any advice and reviews would be fantastic.

PS: Does anyone know the prices or if I can check the prices for Lowepro and Think Tank lens case in Singapore? (eg. Cathay, TK Photo, etc)

thank you.

Default Re: Lens Case: Lowepro vs Think Tank

Quote Originally Posted by heckcare.der View Post
    I was wondering which do you guys prefer?

I know Lowepro has thick paddings which is good. But it is also quite bulky and sometimes a hassle to bring already.

I read from Think Tank website that the paddings isnt very thick. Therefore it is less bulky and stuff. But my concern is, does it provide good protection for the lenses? And can it sustain light bangs and stuff like that?

I am actually looking for lens cases for my Canon 24-70 and 70-200 f4. Any advice and reviews would be fantastic.

PS: Does anyone know the prices or if I can check the prices for Lowepro and Think Tank lens case in Singapore? (eg. Cathay, TK Photo, etc)

thank you.
    I use to have those Lowepro lens cases. I find it also bulky and hassle to bring. Im now using Think Tank lens cases but the skin series. I prefer using the skin series and can be pack on your luggage when traveling. They also have the padded lens case series.

Tk carry lots of think tank products
    CP and ms carry lots of lowepro products.

Quote Originally Posted by tempdan View Post
    Tk carry lots of think tank products
    CP and ms carry lots of lowepro products.
    MS now carry Tamrac products too. was there last Friday and saw new stock of the Velocity series being unpacked by Karen.
    Pentaxian for Life
    K1, KP, FA*28-70/2.8, FA31, 43 & FA77 Limiteds, K85/1.8, FA*200/2.8, A50/1.2

Been using the skin and modular(padded) series since it became available in SG. I find it less bothersome than Lowepro, the reduced amt of padding means you have less weight and is also able to compress the cases when need be. The cost might be higher than Lowepro but then I find the build and system better and easier to use.

Protection wise, yes it is sacrificed for more mobility. But I am sure that as long as you dont drop your lenses, the TTP will be fine. Lowepro might buffer some of the impact but then your lens is prob going to be damaged anyways.

Personal preference is for more mobility.

I switched my belt system out from a Lowepro to a Think Tank belt system. One thing about the Think Tank pouches is how stable they are on the belt. With the Lowepro's thin velcro tabs, they tend to have a lot of horizontal swinging movement, even when secured onto the belt. It gets annoying.

With the Think Tank pouches, the hook and loop tab at the back of the pouch is as wide as the back of the pouch itself. A very stable design. See below for an example:

The whole section below the 'patent pending' label is the tab that secures the lens case to the modulus belt.