Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 34 of 34

Thread: Can someone get fired because of body odour?

  1. #21
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    central
    Posts
    508

    Default Re: Can someone get fired because of body odour?

    Quote Originally Posted by adamadam View Post
    How about lamb?
    No, she doesn't eat lamb. Mostly, veg, chicken, wanton mee, fish ...

    She doesn't eat in hawker centres, mostly airy coffeeshops with no frying being done. So, I don't think it is the oil.
    Last edited by dancemania; 27th October 2008 at 07:30 PM.
    I'm here to learn.:flame:

  2. #22
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    central
    Posts
    508

    Default Re: Can someone get fired because of body odour?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dream Merchant View Post
    Acute and chronic BO may be due to many factors.

    Has yr friend sought specialist medical assistance instead of just GP assistance? Other alternatives to consider could be homeopathic and natural remedies, as well as things like using certain crystal salts to absorb/combat the odor.

    Also, be aware that the powers that be can only go so far as to enforce existing LAWS, if there is no specific and enforced/enforceable law to combat or minimise a certain prejudice .....
    The doc said that it not necessary to consult the specialist. The doc herself couldn't smell anything.
    I'm here to learn.:flame:

  3. #23
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Pacman's Corner
    Posts
    406

    Default Re: Can someone get fired because of body odour?

    First, I think its better she visits a specialist.

    Also, maybe she can try these deodorants: Drichlor, Anhydrol Forte, Odaban or Perspirex.
    She needs to apply it at night and wash it off in the morning. She needs to use it for about 2-3 times a week to get a good result.

    She can also try shaving her armpits.

  4. #24

    Default Re: Can someone get fired because of body odour?

    HOLD IT !!!

    ask the tamale friend of you to buy Issy Miyaki perfume lor..............


    I myself also dont like people who smell bad......especially those FT..dunno why....
    Last edited by ninelives; 28th October 2008 at 12:11 AM.
    Objection !!!

  5. #25

    Default Re: Can someone get fired because of body odour?

    Quote Originally Posted by dancemania View Post
    The doc said that it not necessary to consult the specialist. The doc herself couldn't smell anything.
    Ask the Employer to write a letter of request to the GP. State clearly that the offensive BO is a big issue at the workplace and request for further investigations to help this poor girl.

    Most GPs will siamz referring to a specialist for non-crucial matters, as far as possible.

  6. #26
    Senior Member denniskee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    bukit batok
    Posts
    5,468

    Default Re: Can someone get fired because of body odour?

    specialist is $$$ if referred to by private GP.

    better go the poly-clinics to get them to write the referral letter, typically the charges by specialist is less.
    photography makes one sees things from all angles.

  7. #27

    Default Re: Can someone get fired because of body odour?

    If this post is serious about a person with B.O. there's actually people with bacteria that live in the skin and sweat glands or something that can't be covered up with perfume. Best thing for these folks is to go to bathroom every hour and wipe down armpits or crotch with a wet paper towel and put on some natural deodorant. Don't use antiperspirants as that blocks up the pores and makes the bacteria grow!

  8. #28
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    central
    Posts
    508

    Default Re: Can someone get fired because of body odour?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jix View Post
    First, I think its better she visits a specialist.

    Also, maybe she can try these deodorants: Drichlor, Anhydrol Forte, Odaban or Perspirex.
    She needs to apply it at night and wash it off in the morning. She needs to use it for about 2-3 times a week to get a good result.

    She can also try shaving her armpits.
    What can a specialist do? Prescribe medicine? Give her an injection?

    Are u a doc or has someone experimented with those deodarants.

    Oh course, she shaves her armpits. Doesn't every girl do it?
    I'm here to learn.:flame:

  9. #29
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    central
    Posts
    508

    Default Re: Can someone get fired because of body odour?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dream Merchant View Post
    Ask the Employer to write a letter of request to the GP. State clearly that the offensive BO is a big issue at the workplace and request for further investigations to help this poor girl.

    Most GPs will siamz referring to a specialist for non-crucial matters, as far as possible.
    This sounds so serious. Don't you think she would be so embrassed to ask for that letter.
    I'm here to learn.:flame:

  10. #30
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    central
    Posts
    508

    Default Re: Can someone get fired because of body odour?

    My friend went to the polyclinic and asked the doc for a letter. This letter states that - no medication or further investigation is required. When she asked her boss whether he would like to see it, he refused to do so and just asked :"so,what did the doc say". The boss (male) looked so shocked, like she was telling a lie!
    I'm here to learn.:flame:

  11. #31
    Senior Member dennisc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Freezing Upp Thomson/Mandai!
    Posts
    2,008

    Default Re: Can someone get fired because of body odour?

    Bosses are humans, comes in all shapes and sizes. Some may hire you because you look like his/her sister, or even because you have a nice behind.

    Won't dwelve into the race ethnic theory, etc due to moral implication. But to determine, many factors should be taken such as her age, lifestyle, health, diet, hygiene etc so it would not be easy for any of us to reach a conclusion.

    Actually there's a distinct difference in odor... whether if one merely suffers from zinc/phos inefficiency or the bodys inability to break down fats, or even hormonal causes, an educated nose can pinpoint it.

    But I don't trust doctors, when I was young, they used to feel my pulse, but nowadays they just feel my wallet

  12. #32

    Default Re: Can someone get fired because of body odour?

    I think, from what you mentioned, better just ask yr friend to find another job liao.

    And if she does have a real BO problem (not that we don't trust you, but different people's noses and perceptions are different), it might be better for her to explore all options. A few were mentioned earlier.

    Also, ask your friend to do some research into the subject (if she has not already done so). It could help.

    Whatever happens, I truly wish the best for your friend as such conditions can have a huge negative impact on a person's professional and personal life.

  13. #33

    Default Re: Can someone get fired because of body odour?

    has she try western way of detox? maybe chinese shinseh can help with herbs too.....

  14. #34
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    central
    Posts
    508

    Default Re: Can someone get fired because of body odour?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dream Merchant View Post
    I think, from what you mentioned, better just ask yr friend to find another job liao.

    And if she does have a real BO problem (not that we don't trust you, but different people's noses and perceptions are different), it might be better for her to explore all options. A few were mentioned earlier.

    Also, ask your friend to do some research into the subject (if she has not already done so). It could help.

    Whatever happens, I truly wish the best for your friend as such conditions can have a huge negative impact on a person's professional and personal life.
    That's what I told her - find another job because she is so upset and stressed about the whole matter. However, she is very worried that job hunting won't be easy either as the economy is very bad at the moment. Research says botox but I bet that is the last resort.
    I'm here to learn.:flame:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •