Thread: Are classrooms rentable?

Default Are classrooms rentable?

I'm curious as to whether there's a way to rent a classroom for a shoot? Been asking some schools but it seems a no-no, but I've seen enough advertisements which are set in classrooms....
    anyone got any experience with this?

Default Re: Are classrooms rentable?

Quote Originally Posted by mattlock View Post
    I'm curious as to whether there's a way to rent a classroom for a shoot? Been asking some schools but it seems a no-no, but I've seen enough advertisements which are set in classrooms....
    anyone got any experience with this?
    You can try some of those commercial school type or the private schools ...

Nowadays security at the government schools are quite tight ... All guest have to sign in and sign out at the guard house or General Office.

Otherwise if you can find any daring friends here on CS that are teachers in-charge of the photography club ... you may want to ask them if they can help you stage a school shoot ... pretend it is a club activity .... That may work ....

You are able to rent classrooms at certain community centres. You can check out Yew Tee CC. I used to do a theme there.

Quote Originally Posted by leejay View Post
    You are able to rent classrooms at certain community centres. You can check out Yew Tee CC. I used to do a theme there.
    Right...will check that out
    Thanks!

Regarding commercial schools, do you know if there are any that still have an old feel to it? Because most of the ones I've seen are quite...modern.
    Unfortunately I don't know any teachers in charge of photography clubs!haha

dun bother with govt schools unless you have a very good reason to do so and during the hols.
    ites and polytechnics might have a chance, but it would probably be on a rent basis.