Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Any Tea lovers here?

Default Re: Any Tea lovers here?

Quote Originally Posted by psychobiologist View Post
    i'm one

anyone into drinking chinese tea etc?
    Well, not many people know that tea is a healthier drink than water.

Two of my regular tea drinks:

1) Liu Pao Tea

2) Ho Yan Hor Herbal Tea

Millions in China drink Chinese tea after knowing the potential effects on health
    improvement all round. You drink different types of Chinese according to what you
    can afford.

Drink Chinese tea for health

are there any shops selling chinese tea ware? like yixing pots, gaiwan and tea trays?
    i have been to two shops in tanjong pagar, but the prices are

thanks for any updates...!

cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by cwsj View Post
    are there any shops selling chinese tea ware? like yixing pots, gaiwan and tea trays?
    i have been to two shops in tanjong pagar, but the prices are

thanks for any updates...!

cheers!
    chinese tea tray.. get from china abt $20-$40... bamboo one and very big!! singapore sell v ex..

tanjong pagar.. sounds like tea chapter...

if you want yixing pots, gaiwans, etc.. try

Ong fatt hong at smith street... the block beside the smith street food centre.. lvl 1...
    chinese tea house, either at esplanade, taka basement, or bugis..
    liu hsiang tea craft - liang court level 3...

if you buy taiwanese ceramic products.. usually they are very much more refined and well made.. but they are very very over priced in singapore.. $100-$200 for some small pot thingey.. go taiwan.. at least 3-4 times cheaper..

for gai-wan.. it would be good if you can get something that is of very hard ceramic.. and thin.. :P
    chezburgr i can haz?

Deregistered

Well,i don't know much about tea but i drink several bags of 铁观音daily. I used to consume this brand called 红心but now i consume the 铁观音 from Lipton cos of the incessant food scare from China.

thanks for the reply and advise
    will check them out..

cheers!!

Good stuff, loads of it per day. Early grey or Englis Breakfast. Chinese tea only if served for me and never drink too fast cause they keep on refilling.

any idea where to find Fennel Tea?

Checked NTUC, Giants, Cold Storage and Mustafa...but can only find those tea bag type.

Any brand to recommend?

Tea? What sort?

Best Oolong I've tasted would be Bai Ji Guan (Cocks comb or rock tea) and D Hng Po (red robe) both from Wuyi mountains. Never believe in paying much for teas until I tried these. Smooth, aromatic with a golden tinge in color, slightly smoky with a tinge of rocky taste, slightly nutty, honeysuckle finish, very soothing. Really thirst quenching, no acidic aftertaste, doesn't dry the throat unlike most. Good brands would be chinastar, wuyistar, etc.
    Second goes to Formosa teas such as Alishan (Dr tea is not bad), Formosa Jade, Dong Ting etc.

I also like pu erh, genmai cha, maccha, orchid tea, white tea, etc. List is endless

Quote Originally Posted by dennisc View Post
    Tea? What sort?

Best Oolong I've tasted would be Bai Ji Guan (Cocks comb or rock tea) and D Hng Po (red robe) both from Wuyi mountains. Never believe in paying much for teas until I tried these. Smooth, aromatic with a golden tinge in color, slightly smoky with a tinge of rocky taste, slightly nutty, honeysuckle finish, very soothing. Really thirst quenching, no acidic aftertaste, doesn't dry the throat unlike most. Good brands would be chinastar, wuyistar, etc.
    Second goes to Formosa teas such as Alishan (Dr tea is not bad), Formosa Jade, Dong Ting etc.

I also like pu erh, genmai cha, maccha, orchid tea, white tea, etc. List is endless
    武夷山四大名茶 includes 大红袍,铁罗汉,白鸡冠,水金龟。

i've tried varying grades of them, but the 大红袍 that my girlfriend sent over from beijing recently was one of the best i've ever tried.

as for 武夷山茶, there are a lot of unsung heros that are still very good, 武夷肉桂, 武夷水仙,半天腰,不知春,不见天, all very good teas. my favourite of all wuyi teas is still 半天腰.
    chezburgr i can haz?

大红袍

chezburgr i can haz?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12