Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: No Payment by Pierce Teo Production

Default Re: No Payment by Pierce Teo Production

Quote Originally Posted by mattlock View Post
    i just saw him near my place in newton a week or two ago. hrm.
    How he looked like? damn sad to read here that a CSer could do this to another.

Pariah him, lah.

../azul123

surely someone should have informed him of these thread... i'm surprised no action been taken yet
    960 is really not a lot of money for someone who owned a exp setup, and i quite surprised he take advantage of newly aspiring photographer like our ts here

so far afaik.. the strongest/mightest contender for no show, no return money is somebody else...at least that guy got gut..coming back from time to time despite all the lynching against him
    头可断,血可流,倩女不可不追求 carpe diem,when in doubt, hoot first,apologise later:p GALLERY

Quote Originally Posted by mattlock View Post
    i just saw him near my place in newton a week or two ago. hrm.
    so it seems like you know him??

Is this the photos you have taken?
    http://www.pierceteo.com/main/NEWS/E...re_Galore.html
    If it is, the caption is a little misleading.

Quote Originally Posted by dawgbyte77 View Post
    Is this the photos you have taken?
    http://www.pierceteo.com/main/NEWS/E...re_Galore.html
    If it is, the caption is a little misleading.
    he clever, he never use any of my shots on his website. coz got other photographers also who went out 2 shoot for him

Is there any form of written communication between him and yourself? If there is, print it out. Even if there isn't, the following may help.

Inform him that you're giving him X days to pay you in full and in cash. Failing that, in order to protect your own copyright, you'll be going down to Singtel to show them the images you have shot and inform them that you have not been paid for this job which, you were commissioned by him on behalf of Singtel, and as such you are still the rightful owner of the images and Singtel is not to use the images. You also reserve your rights to sell the images to Singtel or any other interested party should they want to buy them over from you. That will really put them in a very bad light with Singtel.

Remember not to give Singtel a copy of the images but tell them that any images coming from him may be your images. This way Singtel will be very mindful of any images submitted by him and may not dare to use his images for fear of copyrights infringement not knowing which image is yours. Let Singtel pressure him.
    I get paid more shooting part time ...... damn, I should find more time to shoot part time

Quote Originally Posted by singscott View Post
    Bad idea In the first place there no written contact between him and singtel. If singtel did pay the production company there no issue between the photographer and the end client. In singapore context if there no copyright usage mention in your quote or shoot contact and the end client did pay up. It is label "job for hire" meaning all copyrights goes to the client. It is a old british law singapore copy and happily using ever since, even the brit had change that law.
    There was an incident before.
    End client paid the photographer who did not pay the freelancer.
    Freelancer inform end client that since he's not been paid, the copyright still belongs to him and end client must not use the image ( end client have already started using the image )
    End client claim that they have paid the photographer and photographer have release the copyrights to them. Any problem freelancer should approch photographer.
    Freelancer ask them,
    "I'm the copyright owner and have not release the copyrights to him ( photographer ), since he don't own the copyrights yet, what copyrights did he release to you ( end client )?"

Case did not go to court but the freelancer have inform the photographer that since they did not pay by the dateline, the deal is called off and freelancer reserved his rights to claim from photographer any and all cost in the event of a legal action including any infridgement of copyrights.
    In the end, the freelancer sold the images to the end client directly and the price he got was much more than what photographer whould have paid freelancer.

I think photographer was also sued by end client as well.
    I get paid more shooting part time ...... damn, I should find more time to shoot part time

Quote Originally Posted by jayliberator View Post
    he clever, he never use any of my shots on his website. coz got other photographers also who went out 2 shoot for him
    Do you know if Singtel has used any of your images yet?
    Do you have a website or anything that shows that Singtel has used you images?

Quote Originally Posted by yqt View Post
    Failing that, in order to protect your own copyright, you'll be going down to Singtel to show them the images you have shot and inform them that you have not been paid for this job which, you were commissioned by him on behalf of Singtel, and as such you are still the rightful owner of the images and Singtel is not to use the images. You also reserve your rights to sell the images to Singtel or any other interested party should they want to buy them over from you. That will really put them in a very bad light with Singtel.
    If Singtel has not used any of the images ... does the TS still have a case to claim against Singtel and is there still a reason for him to go to Singtel at all?

All the images that TS has taken may not have been submotted to Singtel yet and if he goes to Singtel and if Pierce Teo Production decideces to re-shoot everything and not submit anything that belongs to TS to Singtel ... then where is the recourse?

Another scenario, what if the company is bluffing you and Singtel is not the one using the images. Frankly speaking I dun see the connection between Singtel and the hawker centres.

Quote Originally Posted by yqt View Post
    "I'm the copyright owner and have not release the copyrights to him ( photographer ), since he don't own the copyrights yet, what copyrights did he release to you ( end client )?"
    You brought up a valid point here. This is like if you are using pirated windows, microsoft can come after you and you can't argue that you have paid for it

Quote Originally Posted by Long Thai Bean View Post
    Do you know if Singtel has used any of your images yet?
    Do you have a website or anything that shows that Singtel has used you images?

If Singtel has not used any of the images ... does the TS still have a case to claim against Singtel and is there still a reason for him to go to Singtel at all?

All the images that TS has taken may not have been submotted to Singtel yet and if he goes to Singtel and if Pierce Teo Production decideces to re-shoot everything and not submit anything that belongs to TS to Singtel ... then where is the recourse?
    Agree with you, since the TS mentioned that Pierce Teo also hire other photographers, he may decide not to submit any of the TS photos to Singtel at all.

Just take a step at a time, go direct to Pierce Teo and demand for payment, its not difficult to locate a person in Singapore. Unless he refuse to pay, then take other course of actions.

Hope you can get your money back soon

Quote Originally Posted by CreaXion View Post
    Another scenario, what if the company is bluffing you and Singtel is not the one using the images. Frankly speaking I dun see the connection between Singtel and the hawker centres.
    post#35 'its for a food directory for them so that their customers will be well informed of the food places.'

in this case, the telco might be a smoke, do flip thru various magazine if anybody is using your pic. such makasuka n etc

Quote Originally Posted by dreaming View Post
    post#35 'its for a food directory for them so that their customers will be well informed of the food places.'

in this case, the telco might be a smoke, do flip thru various magazine if anybody is using your pic. such makasuka n etc
    Sounds more like it. It could also be some website advertising on some famous stalls

Quote Originally Posted by Long Thai Bean View Post

Look at it this way:

1) tell him that you'll be going to Signtel
    If Singtel have used the images ( He's in deep sh*t with his client )
    If Singtel have not used the images ( He's still in deep sh*t with his client )
    If using Singtel is just a smoke screen ( He's in even deeper sh*t with Singtel )

2) Images with Signtel
    If TS's images are with Singtel ( He's in deep sh*t with his client )
    If TS's images are not with Singtel ( He's still in deep sh*t with his client as I've told TS not to provide Singtel with a copy of his images so there's no way for Singtel to confirm if any of the images submitted by him is from TS or not. This is the same even if he reshoots everything )

The underlining point is to let him know that his client is going to know about his ditry trick, his non-payment of service rendered, that he may not actually have the copyrights to the images, that by using his service Singtel is opening themself to be sued.

If Singtel is just a smoke screen, it is to tell him that Singtel is going to know that he's using their name, Singtel, to conduct a business transaction without their approval.

One thing to point out, TS must put him on notice that if payment is not made by XX date, TS reserve his rights to clain all and any cost incured out of this matter and once TS have decided to go along this line, he have to go all the way, there's no turning back until a settlement is reach. If not he'll just call your bluff.

vince123123
    Guests

Hmm so exciting with so many legal bits, didn't know how come I missed this thread A lot of points have been made here by various people.

I'll try to look at the many points later.

If the TS has speciifc questions that I can help with, do let me know

dunno if the info below is accurate or not
    anyway good luck

=================================
    Domain name: pierceteo.com

Registrant Contact:

Pierce Teo

Blk 116 Clementi Street 13
    SG, 120116
    SG

Administrative Contact:

Pierce Teo (alleycatbike@gmail.com)
    +65.1597590
    Fax: +.
    Blk 116 Clementi Street 13
    SG, 120116
    SG

just curious..it is alrite to post such information online?
    does these pierceteo person knw that his privacy and everything had been pry opened by just a measly $960

Quote Originally Posted by eow View Post
    does these pierceteo person knw that his privacy and everything had been pry opened by just a measly $960
    This info is taken from his own website I guess, so it is not exactly private

HS

Quote Originally Posted by eow View Post
    I believe there are more to come ...his pics etcs. Some friends here suggest to post his pic at portrait and pose section.And then such comments sure come out, like white balancing out, mood..cropping hands ,legs, fingers,expression,his teeth,eye lasher..eye bag...etcs) Bhahahaah !!!!.
    Mee Poh Man. "I am kampong man"

Quote Originally Posted by Clues View Post
    I believe there are more to come ...his pics etcs. Some friends here suggest to post his pic at portrait and pose section.And then such comments sure come out, like white balancing out, mood..cropping hands ,legs, fingers,expression,his teeth,eye lasher..eye bag...etcs) Bhahahaah !!!!.
    ya Ts had just post

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast