Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: No Payment by Pierce Teo Production

Default Re: No Payment by Pierce Teo Production

Quote Originally Posted by dreaming View Post
    C'mon, moderator. a bigsmile in this thread is definitely not welcomed. and the typo n model of the cam is not relevant. spare a thought for the TS.

In the first place, why would the telco want to shoot the hawker centre? fishy rite? TS have my sympathy, cos he need to endure the stern stare of the stall owner during the shooting.

The fastest way, to get them to payup, is to get those who know them to inform them to carry out the payment at once. embarass them in the public...
    alrite, its my fault for being insensitive. apologise for that.
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake View Post
    alrite, its my fault for being insensitive. apologise for that.
    thank you

Quote Originally Posted by jayliberator View Post
    thank you
    hopefully u can resolve the issue and get to see ur money.
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

Deregistered

you know. you should just head down to his company and demand payment no pt doing it indirectly. go there bang table and if it doesn't work tell them you are getting singtel "their bosses" involved and if really don't work, just write to singtel and tell them the photos used are yours and they are not allowed to post them and let singtel deal with the them!

you just need to be firm when dealing with them. draft a bnw contact indicating when they are suppose to pay up and ask them to sign. get a lawyer or haha try go NUS get a law student to draft one for you should be enough.

gd luck bro!! sucky experience man!!

hi guys, I appreciate all your replies esp with the suggestion.

1. I found out from a friend that if I want to make claims from him tru SCT, I have to get his consent first. I have to inform him that I am making a claim from him. If he does not want to sign the papers, I have nothing else to do. Is that true?

2. I want to leave singtel out of this as they are not the one hiring me. Its Pierce Teo that owes me now.

3. I dont know if this Pierce Teo is the same one as the one @ Bali lane, coz i did some research and Pierce Teo Production is the one that is registered. the email that i receive from Kelvin says :

Kelvin,
    Pierce Teo production
    Producer

4. I do not have any form of black and white about the project. he gave it to me and I just started shooting. Well, Firstly is bcoz, this isnt such a big amount of money to make a contract or anything like that. I have no proove of 'employment'. I have never had any problems regarding payment from anyone else while doing freelance. Bcoz if you think about it, if an individual can pay me for instance $500 for very small shoot, why would a company have problems with paying me something less than $1000 for a project by Singtel?

5. I really hate the fact that the issue of the camera was being brought up. let me repeat, what ever camera I use, is not the problem here. I have with me Raws and Jpegs of the shoot. I did not submit them everything. I have more than what the company has. I have prove that the shot is mine.

6. There was a member that suggested me sending them a letter of demand. I have no money for a lawyer. Im just a freelancer who took the project so that I could have money to celebrate Hari Raya. I dont even own my own camera. Luckily I have friends who are willing to borrow me their cameras.

7. This project has not gotten me anything. No use for portfolio coz nothing I took has artistic value. I was thinking about this whole payment thing the whole day of Hari Raya. I had to borrow money so that I could travel around to shoot the Hawkers. I basically 'Invested' some money in it thinking that I will get the payment and be able to pay back my debts.

guys, I really hope that anyone here who knows him, please inform him about this. I really need the money. I wouldn't have gone this far if I regard the payment as "small fry". Because I know some members may think "Aiyah $960 only what?"

Regards,
    jayliberator
    i feel you, running around during fasting period and using your own money and then not being paid in time for hari raya is a triple whammy.

$960 or $9.60 money is money, simple as that. I hope you kept a copy of the invoice to prove that you did serve him and you are commissioned by the bugger. Shouldnt be hard to prove the pics is yours lah even if u deleted them and or no exif. 32hawker centers with dunno how many stalls and not one of them will remember your face meh?

think of it as you have 2560 witnesses lah. i sincerely hope they pay you eventually. take it as far as you have to, maybe even to TNP if ur up for it

1, Letter of demand can be written by you. It's just an official letter telling the other party to pay up. You don't need a lawyer to write it.

2. I'm not sure where you checked, but I checked acra.
    http://www.acra.gov.sg/
    Any business should be registered there. If they're not, then they're in trouble for not following the Companies Act.

3. No you don't need their consent to go SCT. You just need to show that you tried getting money, but he refuses to pay. (i.e. calls, letter of demand, etc). If sued, they don't turn up to defend themselves, basically you just win the case automatically.

4. You're not involving Singtel for fun. Till they've paid you, the copyright can be argued NOT to be sold to Pierce, and as a result they should not resell the photos. That's why you can demand Singtel take off the photos. If they don't, simply sue them for copyright infringement

thank you
    However cheesecake isn't that wrong to point out that if your stories are inconsistent, it'll be hard for people to believe the truth of it. It begs the question of, what if you're not careful with your other.. assertions...

Quote Originally Posted by blazingflames18 View Post
    TS, last heard... the said company owes many months rent and was implicating another well known photographer in this forum

so better get your $$$ back

Oh that pierce teo also from cs ? Issit the same person ? . I heard that someone from this address 103 McNair Road singapore 328567 also engage photographer to run that singtel project. And pierce teo wants the invoice to be mail to that address. When ask him for company name , he dont feel like to answer.Or someone try to be funny, making use of other ppl address to do busniess ? Well.... Thats what I heard.
    Last edited by Clues; 27th October 2008 at 08:10 PM.
    Mee Poh Man. "I am kampong man"

i've got the photo of him, should i upload it here ?

hmmm.. i tot pierce teo is a rather active member here ?

i've got the photo of him, should i upload it here ?
    u will get infraction for exposing people... why waste the effort. i rather u go someother forum and expose pple better right.

iirc theres some place in singapore portals where u can expose pple and they will be made known to the whole community in 1 night. and u get 1k replies in a few hours.

dun say i teach u one.

Quote Originally Posted by blazingflames18 View Post
    TS, last heard... the said company owes many months rent and was implicating another well known photographer in this forum

so better get your $$$ back
    Quote Originally Posted by Clues View Post
    Oh that pierce teo also from cs ? Issit the same person ? . I heard that someone from this address 103 McNair Road singapore 328567 also engage photographer to run that singtel project. And pierce teo wants the invoice to be mail to that address. When ask him for company name , he dont feel like to answer.Or someone try to be funny, making use of other ppl address to do busniess ? Well.... Thats what I heard.
    Frankly ... I think these baseless hearsay is not going to help the TS much ... it is probably going to make hime more worried about his money now ...

Unless there is concrete proof and evidence ... some of these statements above can be damaging to the other party as well ...

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by glennyong View Post
    u will get infraction for exposing people... why waste the effort. i rather u go someother forum and expose pple better right.

iirc theres some place in singapore portals where u can expose pple and they will be made known to the whole community in 1 night. and u get 1k replies in a few hours.

dun say i teach u one.
    can TS put it under portraiture thread? it's not exposing right? just to showing a "snap shot".

anyway anyone who wants to see the pic can just pm TS.

dun say i teach u one.
    edmw?
    chezburgr i can haz?

dun say i teach u one.
    HEY HELLO ! You are not teaching us anything, just SHARING with us some ideas..Am i right to say that ? Bahahaha

Deregistered

good luck hunting him.

Quote Originally Posted by ortega View Post
    a suggestion, send a letter of demand to singtel stating that the copyright of the images belong to you and they should not be using them.
    ask them to cease and desist immediately.
    Bad idea In the first place there no written contact between him and singtel. If singtel did pay the production company there no issue between the photographer and the end client. In singapore context if there no copyright usage mention in your quote or shoot contact and the end client did pay up. It is label "job for hire" meaning all copyrights goes to the client. It is a old british law singapore copy and happily using ever since, even the brit had change that law.

I like to add. These type of payment are hard to get back but not mission impossible. First step get them to knowledge that you are asking for payment. Which you have already done. Then tell them if they do not pay you, you are going to Small Claim. Then go to small claim. Make sure you add all the travel costs, stationary costs, phone bills and any other bills related in order to get for your payment into the claim. Make sure you do these in one year time, as any non payment (under $5000.00) not file to small claim by one year period is not valid for small claim. There no need for lawyer in small claim, so it should be the best solution for you. But hey if you hire a lawyer put that cost in the claim as well

Also copies of your invoice help as well. As long you can prove the pictures are yours, that you provide a service to them there should be no problem to claim payment from them. The worst case could happen is that they declare they are bankrupt no money to pay
    Last edited by singscott; 28th October 2008 at 07:34 PM.

Hi TS, Your case settle already ? I will be going to small claim court next week. You want to join "us"?

Quote Originally Posted by domdomino View Post

good luck hunting him.
    i just saw him near my place in newton a week or two ago. hrm.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast