Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: No Payment by Pierce Teo Production

Default Re: No Payment by Pierce Teo Production

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake View Post
    i guess if it is a 1Ds mk3 used for the job, it makes one wonder.
    got 1Ds mk 3 meh?? i tot only have 1D mk 3?? nvm.. im not the pro here

C'mon, moderator. a bigsmile in this thread is definitely not welcomed. and the typo n model of the cam is not relevant. spare a thought for the TS.

In the first place, why would the telco want to shoot the hawker centre? fishy rite? TS have my sympathy, cos he need to endure the stern stare of the stall owner during the shooting.

The fastest way, to get them to payup, is to get those who know them to inform them to carry out the payment at once. embarass them in the public...

Quote Originally Posted by dreaming View Post
    C'mon, moderator. a bigsmile in this thread is definitely not welcomed. and the typo n model of the cam is not relevant. spare a thought for the TS.

In the first place, why would the telco want to shoot the hawker centre? fishy rite? TS have my sympathy, cos he need to endure the stern stare of the stall owner during the shooting.

The fastest way, to get them to payup, is to get those who know them to inform them to carry out the payment at once. embarass them in the public...
    Thank You dreaming.. btw, the telco does really wana shoot the hawkers. Its for a food directory for them so that their customers will be well informed of the food places.

If you go http://www.pierceteo.com/main/NEWS/NEWS.html you will realize that he did actually post about the hawkers.

I dont blame the telco, but its Pierce Teo who has done the harm here.
    Last edited by jayliberator; 26th October 2008 at 04:54 PM.

I wonder about the neutrality of you... Mod.. your replies seem to border on unjustified personal attacks.

Using 1DS mk3, using medium format, or even large format, does it matter? Perhaps you might be one of those who only own or use a couple of cameras, but I think you should think of things outside your personal circle. Even then, you wouldn't know the circumstance of dealing between the 2 parties for you to question the use of camera types.

The crux of the matter is the non payment, it would be good if you don't try to spam threads and go out of point.

Questioning the validity of one's claim based on the inconsistentancy of his (off topic reply) about camera used isn't right.
    It's just like saying that a particular photograph wasn't taken by a photographer because he mentioned the wrong number of strobes used at that shot.

Quote Originally Posted by jayliberator View Post
    Thank You dreaming.. btw, the telco does really wana shoot the hawkers. Its for a food directory for them so that their customers will be well informed of the food places.

If you go http://www.pierceteo.com/main/NEWS/NEWS.html you will realize that he did actually post about the hawkers.

I dont blame the telco, but its Pierce Teo who has done the harm here.
    Go to the court of small claims, claim against Pierce Teo for the amt he owes you, the amt of money you spent asking him to pay you, the amt of money you travelled down to the court, the amt of time/leave you took to go to court, the amt of money you spend on court.

Right after the court awards judgement, ask him to pay.

If he doesn't, pay, or imposes other conditions on you, then apply for a Writ of Seizure and Sale. In short that will allow the court to freeze his bank accounts, and sell off his properties till there's enough money to "pay" you back, as well as the court.

It shouldn't take too long. You just need the proof of all the costs claims.

Trust me, they'll pay very fast once all their movable assets are sealed by the court (not allowed to use), and open to auction. It's very painful, not to mention shameful.

to TS.. all the best. hope you get your payment soon!

Blog Entries

a suggestion, send a letter of demand to singtel stating that the copyright of the images belong to you and they should not be using them.
    ask them to cease and desist immediately.

Oh yes... do note the legal entity that you're going to sue.
    I believe the only legal business entity in ACRA is Pierce Teo at Bali Lane, not Pierce Teo Production.

Of course, in even that that's not the Pierce Teo you're talking about, this is a case of a unregistered business ya? That's... not legal...

Quote Originally Posted by ortega View Post
    a suggestion, send a letter of demand to singtel stating that the copyright of the images belong to you and they should not be using them.
    That's a funky solution, and very realistic solution that can go and in hand with claiming directly from Pierce Teo.

Imagine Pierce Teo being sued by Singtel for breach of contract, dropped from their list of trusted vendors etc..

Blog Entries

well if you can't get the money back (really underpaid somemore)
    at least get them good (but of course, we have not heard both sides of the story)

Quote Originally Posted by ortega View Post
    very good idea indeed. go write to ivanteo@singtel.com

TS, last heard... the said company owes many months rent and was implicating another well known photographer in this forum

so better get your $$$ back

Quote Originally Posted by blazingflames18 View Post
    TS, last heard... the said company owes many months rent and was implicating another well known photographer in this forum

so better get your $$$ back
    wa so jialat
    Opinions are like A-holes. Everyone's got one.

well , hope u get your $ back , for small claim u need to pay $50 first .

well what done can not be undone . Singtel should have check the company first before using them . well somtime i just find it funny singtel so rich should have some regular company or ad agency doing for them since they pay alot on advertisment every year , and saw they are looking for photographers here for some cheap rates . singtel advertise here looking for services . and found and egage one photograpny company here . then photography company advertise for photographers here to help them shoot . then in the first place . singtel should have engage directly right .

Quote Originally Posted by miketan888 View Post
    Singtel should have check the company first before using them . well somtime i just find it funny singtel so rich should have some regular company or ad agency doing for them since they pay alot on advertisment every year , and saw they are looking for photographers here for some cheap rates . singtel advertise here looking for services . and found and egage one photograpny company here . then photography company advertise for photographers here to help them shoot . then in the first place . singtel should have engage directly right .
    Are you sure about this situation ... I think we should not speculate unless we are the parties involved ...

What Singtel choose to do is up to their business division and if they so choose a certain company, there must be merit and reason to it. And afterall ... this situation does not involve Singtel ... it is between TS and Pierce Teo Production ...

AFAIK ... going to Singtel to tell them what Pierce Teo Production had not paid their photographers will not resolve anything ... If TS tries to ask Singtel to pull off those photos from the website ... it will become a long drawn out process ...

BTW ... this is to the TS ... : Didi you have any contract or "terms of employment" with Pierce Teo Production? Maybe you can fall back on that if all else fails ...

Good Luck and my sympathy is with you ...

Smile Re: No Payment by Pierce Teo Production

leave singtel out. imho. lodge a claim against the party concerned at small claims court seems a feasible option.

hi guys, I appreciate all your replies esp with the suggestion.

1. I found out from a friend that if I want to make claims from him tru SCT, I have to get his consent first. I have to inform him that I am making a claim from him. If he does not want to sign the papers, I have nothing else to do. Is that true?

2. I want to leave singtel out of this as they are not the one hiring me. Its Pierce Teo that owes me now.

3. I dont know if this Pierce Teo is the same one as the one @ Bali lane, coz i did some research and Pierce Teo Production is the one that is registered. the email that i receive from Kelvin says :

Kelvin,
    Pierce Teo production
    Producer

4. I do not have any form of black and white about the project. he gave it to me and I just started shooting. Well, Firstly is bcoz, this isnt such a big amount of money to make a contract or anything like that. I have no proove of 'employment'. I have never had any problems regarding payment from anyone else while doing freelance. Bcoz if you think about it, if an individual can pay me for instance $500 for very small shoot, why would a company have problems with paying me something less than $1000 for a project by Singtel?

5. I really hate the fact that the issue of the camera was being brought up. let me repeat, what ever camera I use, is not the problem here. I have with me Raws and Jpegs of the shoot. I did not submit them everything. I have more than what the company has. I have prove that the shot is mine.

6. There was a member that suggested me sending them a letter of demand. I have no money for a lawyer. Im just a freelancer who took the project so that I could have money to celebrate Hari Raya. I dont even own my own camera. Luckily I have friends who are willing to borrow me their cameras.

7. This project has not gotten me anything. No use for portfolio coz nothing I took has artistic value. I was thinking about this whole payment thing the whole day of Hari Raya. I had to borrow money so that I could travel around to shoot the Hawkers. I basically 'Invested' some money in it thinking that I will get the payment and be able to pay back my debts.

guys, I really hope that anyone here who knows him, please inform him about this. I really need the money. I wouldn't have gone this far if I regard the payment as "small fry". Because I know some members may think "Aiyah $960 only what?"

Regards,
    jayliberator

Quote Originally Posted by jayliberator View Post
    got 1Ds mk 3 meh?? i tot only have 1D mk 3?? nvm.. im not the pro here
    u typed 1Ds mk iii much earlier before u edited to 5D.
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

Quote Originally Posted by unseen View Post
    I wonder about the neutrality of you... Mod.. your replies seem to border on unjustified personal attacks.

Using 1DS mk3, using medium format, or even large format, does it matter? Perhaps you might be one of those who only own or use a couple of cameras, but I think you should think of things outside your personal circle. Even then, you wouldn't know the circumstance of dealing between the 2 parties for you to question the use of camera types.

The crux of the matter is the non payment, it would be good if you don't try to spam threads and go out of point.

Questioning the validity of one's claim based on the inconsistentancy of his (off topic reply) about camera used isn't right.
    It's just like saying that a particular photograph wasn't taken by a photographer because he mentioned the wrong number of strobes used at that shot.
    ok ok i cease my part.
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast