Thread: CF Card Reader

Default CF Card Reader

Hi all! I have a problem. I am using a CF card for my camera and I find that those multi-card reader is unable to read my CF when connected to my laptop. I am using a Sandisk Extreme IV 8GB card. Any solution for that? How do you guys transfer your pictures from your CF card to your computer or laptop?

PLEASE HELP!!!

Default Re: CF Card Reader

What card reader are you using? I'm using the sandisk card reader.
    Meow!

Quote Originally Posted by kaxdd View Post
    Hi all! I have a problem. I am using a CF card for my camera and I find that those multi-card reader is unable to read my CF when connected to my laptop. I am using a Sandisk Extreme IV 8GB card. Any solution for that? How do you guys transfer your pictures from your CF card to your computer or laptop?

PLEASE HELP!!!
    I believe you are using those cheap types?

You got a Extreme IV card, get the Sandisk CF card reader!

for my laptop, i'm using PC Card adapter for CF
    Lexar Firewire CF card reader for my PC

I haven't got the problem you have with all my card readers but I'm pretty happy with my Sandisk dedicated CF reader. Its small and relatively cheap, $35 at Cathay.

since u are using the extreme IV card, get those firewire card readers by lexar/sandisk ba...

Yes, I'm using those cheapo type that comes with my point and shoot camera. Guess I'll have to invest in a Sandisk CF card reader...

I am using exreme IV CF 8GB card with those all-in-one reader which cost about $20+; no problem in transferring and the speed is relatively fast.
    Sony RX100 Mk4

Yes, I'm using those cheapo type that comes with my point and shoot camera. Guess I'll have to invest in a Sandisk CF card reader...
    Recommend that you go to Best Bargain computers (5th floor...I think) at Sim Lim Square. For computer peripherals, they literally offer the best prices.

I got my Kingston USB 2.0 multicard reader from them about a year ago. It can read and write to my latest 16GB CF cards with no problems whatsoever.
    | Nikon D700; AF-S 14-24 f/2.8GED; AF 20 f/2.8D; AF 50 f/1.4D; SB400| Tamron AF 28-75 f/2.8 A09NII|

side track abit. I got my SDHC card reader at Best Bargain for $2 only @ Comex show. Worth it!

Hmmm... Guess I will have to make a trip down to Best Bargain or Cathay Photo. Took so many pictures but can't transfer to my laptop. A bit frustrated...

Quote Originally Posted by Kit View Post
    I haven't got the problem you have with all my card readers but I'm pretty happy with my Sandisk dedicated CF reader. Its small and relatively cheap, $35 at Cathay.
    Im using the same 1 work "Great" and fast
    Nikon User

USB2.0 Sandisk CF card reader = $30(AlanPhoto - Sim Lim)

USB2.0 Sandisk 2in1 CF & SDHC card reader = $45(John 3:16 - Funan)

USB2.0 Sandisk Firewire CF card reader = about $90 to $100+ (South Asia - Funan, PK Computer - Funan)
    At the soul of the image

Hmmm... Guess I will have to make a trip down to Best Bargain or Cathay Photo. Took so many pictures but can't transfer to my laptop. A bit frustrated...
    Can use the direct cable transfer from camera to laptop until you get a new card reader.