Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 37 of 37

Thread: How to take care DSLR camera

  1. #21

    Default Re: How to take care DSLR camera

    Quote Originally Posted by dreamer_toons View Post
    How much is the lenspen?
    Depending on brands, around $12 plus minus.

  2. #22

    Default Re: How to take care DSLR camera


    how to clean this area?
    can i use lenpen to clean this area?

  3. #23
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Clementi
    Posts
    10,596

    Default Re: How to take care DSLR camera

    Quote Originally Posted by dreamer_toons View Post
    How much is the lenspen?
    I bought mine from John 3:16 at $15, blower at $15 too. The blower is really of very high quality (a blue coloured one), having a metal tip instead of the usual plastic tip.

    Quote Originally Posted by angel82 View Post

    how to clean this area?
    can i use lenpen to clean this area?
    Please do not touch the inside of your mirror box with anything other than using the blower to blow of dust, unless you are absolutely sure of what you are doing. As a general rule of thumb, don't insert anything into your mirror box and you should be safe.

  4. #24
    Member samchong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Clementi
    Posts
    665

    Default Re: How to take care DSLR camera

    Quote Originally Posted by angel82 View Post

    how to clean this area?
    can i use lenpen to clean this area?
    Try not to touch the mirror, I have an experience to scratch the mirror of my pass FE-2.Now a day I dare not to clean the mirror,will only use the blower to blow off the dust only if really necesarry.

  5. #25

    Default Re: How to take care DSLR camera

    Quote Originally Posted by calebk View Post
    I bought mine from John 3:16 at $15, blower at $15 too. The blower is really of very high quality (a blue coloured one), having a metal tip instead of the usual plastic tip.
    I think I have the same blower also, made in Switzerland.

    http://jl-photo.blogspot.com/2008/01...est-check.html

    Just a note of caution for everyone using this blower, don't put it super close to the front element of the lens/filter when using it. I caused a mini scratch on my filter when I was distracted once. Nonetheless, I love it as its powerful and really durable.

  6. #26
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Singapore, east-ish
    Posts
    2,291

    Default Re: How to take care DSLR camera

    Quote Originally Posted by calebk View Post
    The blower is really of very high quality (a blue coloured one), having a metal tip instead of the usual plastic tip.
    metal tip?!

    yikes! No thanks
    I have a similar one with the exception that the tip is plastic, rather than metal.

    Don't see how a metal tip can be any better than a plastic one
    Last edited by Daedalus Trent; 27th October 2008 at 03:32 PM.

  7. #27
    Member kenkht's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    395

    Default Re: How to take care DSLR camera

    Quote Originally Posted by Watsworth View Post
    I got the equivalent set at Mustaffar for $4.50!

  8. #28

    Default Re: How to take care DSLR camera

    Quote Originally Posted by Daedalus Trent View Post
    metal tip?!

    yikes! No thanks
    I have a similar one with the exception that the tip is plastic, rather than metal.

    Don't see how a metal tip can be any better than a plastic one
    The cheap type for my first blower had a plastic nozzle, the nozzle dropped out after barely three weeks.

  9. #29

    Default Re: How to take care DSLR camera

    Is there any recommended solution to clean the len with the lenspen? Coz scare certain solutions may remove the len's coating?
    Sony RX100 Mk4

  10. #30
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Singapore, east-ish
    Posts
    2,291

    Default Re: How to take care DSLR camera

    Quote Originally Posted by ahbian View Post
    The cheap type for my first blower had a plastic nozzle, the nozzle dropped out after barely three weeks.
    I mean... excluding those cheapo ones, haha.

    i mean better one's like....a giottos rocket?

  11. #31
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Punggol
    Posts
    5,812

    Default Re: How to take care DSLR camera

    Quote Originally Posted by dreamer_toons View Post
    Is there any recommended solution to clean the len with the lenspen? Coz scare certain solutions may remove the len's coating?
    Wrong spelling, it's "Lens" and not "len".

    And I would refrain from using solutions on the front element. Just put a good UV filter in front of that and clean it.
    Our pictures are our footprints. Itís the best way to tell people we were here - JoeMcnally | Flickr

  12. #32

    Default Re: How to take care DSLR camera

    Quote Originally Posted by dreamer_toons View Post
    Is there any recommended solution to clean the len with the lenspen? Coz scare certain solutions may remove the len's coating?
    No need solution. A blower and/or the brush before the lenspen (comes with a brush) is sufficient.

  13. #33

    Default Re: How to take care DSLR camera

    Quote Originally Posted by Daedalus Trent View Post
    I mean... excluding those cheapo ones, haha.

    i mean better one's like....a giottos rocket?
    Yah, thats true, a giottos rocket is good too.

  14. #34

    Default Re: How to take care DSLR camera

    depends on how much you want to spend. If you use the camera regularly, doesnt hurt to send to CSC for maintenance like sensor cleaning every few months and watch what they do.
    I photograph the dead.

  15. #35

    Default Re: How to take care DSLR camera

    Hi all,

    Just bought a lenspen from funan. Doesn't come in a sealed package. Looks real but the packaging is those clear plastic with a sticky strip (like those used for pirated VCD). Was reading through CS forum and saw somewhere that there are fake lenspen in the market.

    Jus wondering... did I got a fake one??? Works ok though...

  16. #36

    Default Re: How to take care DSLR camera

    Quote Originally Posted by ahkit View Post
    Hi all,

    Just bought a lenspen from funan. Doesn't come in a sealed package. Looks real but the packaging is those clear plastic with a sticky strip (like those used for pirated VCD). Was reading through CS forum and saw somewhere that there are fake lenspen in the market.

    Jus wondering... did I got a fake one??? Works ok though...
    Bought from where? I bought an original one from John 3:16 and it comes in those plastic with sticky strip too, its the real thing...

    I think the fake ones don't say lenspen?

  17. #37

    Default Re: How to take care DSLR camera

    oh ok... I also bought from Jn 316... Thot it shouldn't be fake from there too... Jus to clarify cause I saw somewhere that the packaging is different... Thanks...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •