Thread: anyone know of humanitarian projects looking for book donations?

Default anyone know of humanitarian projects looking for book donations?

have lots of story books from my childhood to giveaway, i.e. enidblyton, hard boys, and all that.

also have a full set of encyclopedia britannica to go if there's any project setting up a library or something
    chezburgr i can haz?

Default Re: anyone know of humanitarian projects looking for book donations?

[QUOTE=psychobiologist;4463848]have lots of story books from my childhood to giveaway, i.e. enidblyton, hard boys, and all that.

maybe u can try salvation army
    Last edited by aeskywan; 26th October 2008 at 01:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by aeskywan View Post
    maybe u can try salvation army
    not my preferred choice after a bad experience with them.

gave away a large marble table to them, they were complaining all the way
    chezburgr i can haz?

Fantastic! How about donating to one of the low income projects?

YWCA
    Churches/Temples
    Check for other charities here: https://www.charities.gov.sg/charity/index.do
    Running for conservation and ACRES. Donate at http://www.acres.org.sg/donate.html

Quote Originally Posted by psychobiologist View Post
    have lots of story books from my childhood to giveaway, i.e. enidblyton, hard boys, and all that.

also have a full set of encyclopedia britannica to go if there's any project setting up a library or something
    Hi there.....I understand you have posted this thread for some time; however I will give it a try in any case. If you still have the books with you, please let me know. I am one of the volunteers in Nabuur community (www.nabuur.com). Nabuur.com is an online volunteering platform that links Neighbours (online volunteers) with Villages (local communities) in Africa, Asia and Latin America. Connected through Nabuur.com, Neighbours and local communities learn about each other, share ideas and find solutions to local issues. I am engaged in one of the projects in Tsedang village, Tibet. One of our Nabuur volunteers, who is physically located in Tsedang village, has initiated an English-teaching class to help local children with basic English skills.

If you still have the books, I don't mind arranging for collection and shipping of the books to my fellow volunteer who is currently located in Tsedang, Tibet running this humble school.