Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 45

Thread: Is it possible to order lenses directly from Shriro?

  1. #1
    Member scorpioh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Woodlands
    Posts
    1,973

    Default Is it possible to order lenses directly from Shriro?

    Want to get the Silver FALs. But hard to get locally.

  2. #2

    Default Re: Is it possible to order lenses directly from Shriro?

    Yeah, you can order lenses and cameras from Shriro directly

    Silver FA Limiteds look really nice, hope you'd get them soon.

    Cheers!

  3. #3
    Member scorpioh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Woodlands
    Posts
    1,973

    Default Re: Is it possible to order lenses directly from Shriro?

    Quote Originally Posted by fengwei View Post
    Yeah, you can order lenses and cameras from Shriro directly

    Silver FA Limiteds look really nice, hope you'd get them soon.

    Cheers!
    Thanks Fengwei. I had emailed them to ask for a quotation first. Just scare that they charge too high - What I expect would be $950-1050 for 77, $650-700 for 43 and $1300-1400 for 31. Hope they don't price it much higher than my expected price. Intending to get the full set before they go EOL. By then I think the price will really soar, esp the FA31 and 77. Hmm, nice way to fight inflation in this times of bad economy? But there goes my year end bonus. Ha.
    I say the lens is the soul of a camera. What about the body? Well, it's just the body...

  4. #4

    Default Re: Is it possible to order lenses directly from Shriro?

    Quote Originally Posted by fengwei View Post
    Yeah, you can order lenses and cameras from Shriro directly

    Silver FA Limiteds look really nice, hope you'd get them soon.

    Cheers!
    Really, I asked Kevin at Shriro once, and he said I have to buy from the stores. hmm...
    looking for buttery smooth bokeh...

  5. #5
    Member scorpioh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Woodlands
    Posts
    1,973

    Default Re: Is it possible to order lenses directly from Shriro?

    Quote Originally Posted by fpser View Post
    Really, I asked Kevin at Shriro once, and he said I have to buy from the stores. hmm...
    Ah...
    I say the lens is the soul of a camera. What about the body? Well, it's just the body...

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    "River end"
    Posts
    4,249

    Default Re: Is it possible to order lenses directly from Shriro?

    When i see this thread, it reminded me of a disappointed experience with Shriro Sales Department.

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Still wondering where I belong
    Posts
    3,434

    Default Re: Is it possible to order lenses directly from Shriro?

    Quote Originally Posted by scorpioh View Post
    Thanks Fengwei. I had emailed them to ask for a quotation first. Just scare that they charge too high - What I expect would be $950-1050 for 77, $650-700 for 43 and $1300-1400 for 31. Hope they don't price it much higher than my expected price. Intending to get the full set before they go EOL. By then I think the price will really soar, esp the FA31 and 77. Hmm, nice way to fight inflation in this times of bad economy? But there goes my year end bonus. Ha.
    u funny leh, last time already advice u to get the 77mm... u head

    anyway i dun think it will be any cheaper than the shops, they need to protect the dealers anyway... only helpful if u need a lens thats is hard to get... the FA LTDs i see quite a few at OP... dun think they will be extinct so soon la...
    Gallery|Baby gallery
    I have become an expert in cleaning poo

  8. #8

    Default Re: Is it possible to order lenses directly from Shriro?

    As some said above, the price from Shriro might not be cheaper than those from stores. You'd better order it from stores like CP or MS Color if you want full warrantied set.

  9. #9
    Member scorpioh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Woodlands
    Posts
    1,973

    Default Re: Is it possible to order lenses directly from Shriro?

    Quote Originally Posted by flowerpot View Post
    u funny leh, last time already advice u to get the 77mm... u head

    anyway i dun think it will be any cheaper than the shops, they need to protect the dealers anyway... only helpful if u need a lens thats is hard to get... the FA LTDs i see quite a few at OP... dun think they will be extinct so soon la...
    Haha, no regrets with the 70 also lah. Just want both sets of Limteds. Having a rather serious LBA here. ): I dint see any silver ones at OP the previous time. I am trying shashinki at the moment.
    I say the lens is the soul of a camera. What about the body? Well, it's just the body...

  10. #10

    Default Re: Is it possible to order lenses directly from Shriro?

    If Shriro really do Sales, I don't think they will Sales any cheaper than the retail because they need to protect the retail...
    K-5: DA1224,DA2040,DA*50135, FA31,43,24-90, To Sell: DA21,DA1770
    http://matchkk.blogspot.com

  11. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    270

    Default Re: Is it possible to order lenses directly from Shriro?

    Quote Originally Posted by matchkk View Post
    If Shriro really do Sales, I don't think they will Sales any cheaper than the retail because they need to protect the retail...
    Yes...yes. Some more the Japanese Yen is on very high side, not the good timing to order from Japan.

  12. #12

    Default Re: Is it possible to order lenses directly from Shriro?

    Shiro cannot price lower than those retailing. It will be undercutting and bad for retailers.
    Like price at retailer price.

    otc

  13. #13
    Member scorpioh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Woodlands
    Posts
    1,973

    Default Re: Is it possible to order lenses directly from Shriro?

    Oops, Shashinki is malaysia webby. Ha. Thay got sell alot of Pentax stuff.
    I say the lens is the soul of a camera. What about the body? Well, it's just the body...

  14. #14

    Default Re: Is it possible to order lenses directly from Shriro?

    With the high yen now, I think regardless of whether you get from Shriro or CP or AP or MS, I think the price would be high. While Shriro is obligated to sell at full retail cost (except during special offers like PC Show or Mall Road show), its retailers may quietly offer some discount to aid in the stock movement. Hence I think it best to get it from the retailers.
    Off topic...since I got my limited DA set (21, 40, 70 less 35), my BBB virus has been cured! I no longer look at new lenses and drool..hah hah
    Now waiting to see how the 15mm is and maybe if price and timing right, will get it too...
    PENTAXKR,18250,18135,35,40,70,600,AF360
    SONYA6000,1650,1855,18200,5018,3028,16,RX100M3

  15. #15
    Member scorpioh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Woodlands
    Posts
    1,973

    Default Re: Is it possible to order lenses directly from Shriro?

    Quote Originally Posted by airconvent View Post
    With the high yen now, I think regardless of whether you get from Shriro or CP or AP or MS, I think the price would be high. While Shriro is obligated to sell at full retail cost (except during special offers like PC Show or Mall Road show), its retailers may quietly offer some discount to aid in the stock movement. Hence I think it best to get it from the retailers.
    Off topic...since I got my limited DA set (21, 40, 70 less 35), my BBB virus has been cured! I no longer look at new lenses and drool..hah hah
    Now waiting to see how the 15mm is and maybe if price and timing right, will get it too...
    AH. Since i got my pancake trio, my LBA has gotten worse. I went for the da35 and now I want the complete set of FALs... >:
    I say the lens is the soul of a camera. What about the body? Well, it's just the body...

  16. #16

    Default Re: Is it possible to order lenses directly from Shriro?

    Quote Originally Posted by scorpioh View Post
    AH. Since i got my pancake trio, my LBA has gotten worse. I went for the da35 and now I want the complete set of FALs... >:
    That means what you really wanted was the full set of FALs, not DALs...heh heh..Once you sold off all your DALs and buy the entire set of FALs, I'm sure your LBA will be cured. I was never interested in th FA series because one of my criteria is prime performance but small and compact.
    PENTAXKR,18250,18135,35,40,70,600,AF360
    SONYA6000,1650,1855,18200,5018,3028,16,RX100M3

  17. #17
    Member scorpioh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Woodlands
    Posts
    1,973

    Default Re: Is it possible to order lenses directly from Shriro?

    Quote Originally Posted by airconvent View Post
    That means what you really wanted was the full set of FALs, not DALs...heh heh..Once you sold off all your DALs and buy the entire set of FALs, I'm sure your LBA will be cured. I was never interested in th FA series because one of my criteria is prime performance but small and compact.
    I love the design of the DALs. And I guess I will never sell them off. The FAL is really to experience the Pentax legacy and moreoever, they are resistant to depreciation. So grab them while they are still available!
    I say the lens is the soul of a camera. What about the body? Well, it's just the body...

  18. #18

    Default Re: Is it possible to order lenses directly from Shriro?

    If you love the FA Limiteds, you don't need to buy them all at one time. You can buy them one by one so it'd be a lot easier I saw a couple of FA Limited selling at the b&s forum, and I'm sure you can find them easily on eBay (where I got all of my silver ones).

    Good luck.

  19. #19
    Member scorpioh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Woodlands
    Posts
    1,973

    Default Re: Is it possible to order lenses directly from Shriro?

    Quote Originally Posted by fengwei View Post
    If you love the FA Limiteds, you don't need to buy them all at one time. You can buy them one by one so it'd be a lot easier I saw a couple of FA Limited selling at the b&s forum, and I'm sure you can find them easily on eBay (where I got all of my silver ones).

    Good luck.
    I see. Thanks Fengwei. Dunno why, I have the feeling that they might be going EOL soon. Just a hunch. Ha. Prefer to get them new since the savings isn't much for 2nd hand. U have both the black and Silver?!!!
    I say the lens is the soul of a camera. What about the body? Well, it's just the body...

  20. #20

    Default Re: Is it possible to order lenses directly from Shriro?

    Quote Originally Posted by scorpioh View Post
    I see. Thanks Fengwei. Dunno why, I have the feeling that they might be going EOL soon. Just a hunch. Ha. Prefer to get them new since the savings isn't much for 2nd hand. U have both the black and Silver?!!!
    It's hard to get all three in Silver color brand new nowadays. I think Pentax only make them in black now

    I had three black ones, but changed to these beautiful silver ones sometime last year:



    All new FA Limiteds come w/ black synthetic leather pouches now, instead of those colorful real leather ones in the above photos

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •