Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 87

Thread: I'm coming to Singapore what good spots?

  1. #61
    Senior Member zac08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    East
    Posts
    11,755

    Default Re: I'm coming to Singapore what good spots?

    The 2 big durians refer to the Esplanade.

    Michael Lim
    My Flickr Site

  2. #62

    Default Re: I'm coming to Singapore what good spots?

    Quote Originally Posted by sayjaibow View Post
    ??? ???









    lol thanks guys but I only have 2 days! I don't think I should visit KFC, Burger King, and MacDonnald's even if there's some unique dishes.. maybe next time!
    You can do it!!! Just eat non stop. Recover when you go back!
    It is the camera, not the photographer.
    my flickr - adamloh.com

  3. #63

    Default Re: I'm coming to Singapore what good spots?

    Do bring lots of Pepto Bismol for your M'sia/S'pore trip. I can assure you'll need it.

  4. #64

    Default Re: I'm coming to Singapore what good spots?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    KFC also got Raffles Chilli Fillet Burger for a uniquely local flavour
    Oh.... Raffles. You mean Raffles ate chilli?

    This reminds me of General Tso's Chicken I used to eat while living in the US.
    Last edited by photobum; 30th October 2008 at 07:06 AM.

  5. #65
    Senior Member Sion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    新天地
    Posts
    4,768

    Default Re: I'm coming to Singapore what good spots?

    Quote Originally Posted by zac08 View Post
    The 2 big durians refer to the Esplanade.

    do you notice anything structurally similar to this:


  6. #66

    Default Re: I'm coming to Singapore what good spots?

    Quote Originally Posted by photobum View Post
    Do bring lots of Pepto Bismol for your M'sia/S'pore trip. I can assure you'll need it.
    Oh geez.. you serious? Why would you say that?! I am always a bit worried about the food when I go overseas! Do you mean I'll get sick from food poisoning or that I just will eat a lot till I get heartburn?

  7. #67

    Default Re: I'm coming to Singapore what good spots?

    Wow you guys always think about Durians huh? Looks more like 2 of these upsidedown. I think




    Quote Originally Posted by zac08 View Post
    The 2 big durians refer to the Esplanade.

    Last edited by sayjaibow; 30th October 2008 at 12:34 PM.

  8. #68

    Default Re: I'm coming to Singapore what good spots?

    Quote Originally Posted by sayjaibow View Post
    Oh geez.. you serious? Why would you say that?! I am always a bit worried about the food when I go overseas! Do you mean I'll get sick from food poisoning or that I just will eat a lot till I get heartburn?
    Singapore food is ultra-clean, so don't worry about hygiene. However, you do have to worry about getting heartburn from consuming lots of hot and spicy food, and durians (of course). Our solution is to drink Eno fruit salt, but since you can buy Pepto Bismol in the US, it is a much better cure.
    Last edited by photobum; 30th October 2008 at 03:10 PM.

  9. #69

    Default Re: I'm coming to Singapore what good spots?

    Quote Originally Posted by sayjaibow View Post
    Wow you guys always think about Durians huh? Looks more like 2 of these upsidedown. I think
    If you have a chance to visit Esplanade, take a closer look at the building on ground level, It does look like two durians.

  10. #70

    Default Re: I'm coming to Singapore what good spots?

    Quote Originally Posted by photobum View Post
    Singapore food is ultra-clean, so don't worry about hygiene. However, you do have to worry about getting heartburn from consuming lots of hot and spicy food, and durians (of course). Our solution is to drink Eno fruit salt, but since you can buy Pepto Bismol in the US, it is a much better cure.
    Whew that's a relief... Don't worry about me eatting too much Durian though I cannot take the smell of it. I hope nobody is offended though.. I know it's like the favorite fruit of Singaporians and Malaysians hehe I'll remember to bring along my Pepto for the spicy foods

    Quote Originally Posted by photobum View Post
    If you have a chance to visit Esplanade, take a closer look at the building on ground level, It does look like two durians.
    will do

  11. #71

    Default Re: I'm coming to Singapore what good spots?

    Quote Originally Posted by sayjaibow View Post
    Don't worry about me eatting too much Durian though I cannot take the smell of it.
    I hate to be a spoil-sport but the durians now are not as pungent as those sold many years ago. Some Caucasians I know are beginning to eat them, and they loved it.

  12. #72
    Senior Member Sion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    新天地
    Posts
    4,768

    Default Re: I'm coming to Singapore what good spots?

    Quote Originally Posted by sayjaibow View Post
    Oh geez.. you serious? Why would you say that?! I am always a bit worried about the food when I go overseas! Do you mean I'll get sick from food poisoning or that I just will eat a lot till I get heartburn?
    Don't worry about that. We have the first class medical facilities here just in case you're hospitalised.

    And our nurses are very chio too:


  13. #73
    Senior Member Sion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    新天地
    Posts
    4,768

    Default Re: I'm coming to Singapore what good spots?

    Quote Originally Posted by sayjaibow View Post
    Wow you guys always think about Durians huh? Looks more like 2 of these upsidedown. I think

    This is what you put between your legs for protection when you play baseball?

  14. #74

    Default Re: I'm coming to Singapore what good spots?

    Quote Originally Posted by sayjaibow View Post
    but I only have 2 days!
    Since you have only two days to visit us, let me show you a few options to add to your itinerary:

    • Taking photos around Singapore River, Esplanade, Padang, Fort Canning Park and Kampong Glam.
    • Shopping around the Golden-Triangle (ie: Peninsula, Funan and Adelphi area). Get ready your credit cards.
    • Take a bus ride to Orchard Road and Chinatown (you can't see much if you take the subway). Don't forget to purchase an EZ-Link card from any MRT station. The card will be used as a pass to ride on a bus and subway.
    • When the sun begin to set, take a stroll along Boat Quay, Clarke Quay and Robertson Walk.
    • For a historical trip, stroll along Bras Basah Road, Stamford Road, Armenian Street, Hill Steet and Victoria Street.
    • For a cultural trip, stroll along Serangoon Road (Little India), North Bridge Road (Kampong Glam) and South Bridge Road (Chinatown).
    • For cheap T-shirts and clothing, try Bugis Village, OG (Bencoolen/Chinatown/Orchard) and CK (Chinatown).
    • For bladder emergency, visit the nearest McDonald's, Burger King, KFC, MOS Burger, kopitiam (coffeeshop), MRT station, hotel, library, shopping mall, office building or sewer drain (make sure there are no ladies around of course, and remember to whistle). Other than these, get ready to pay S$0.20 per entry. If you only have US coins, use a dime (our efficient restroom manager will do the currency exchange him or herself ).

    PLEASE BE AWARE: There only a handful of FREE public toilets in the vicinity of Chinatown. They are located at Chinatown and Outram Park MRT stations, McDonald's People's Park Complex, Yue Hwa Building, OG Building, Furama Hotel, Subordinate Courts/Family Juvenile Courts (must pass through metal detectors upon entering building. Got uniformed police on guard there. Very safe), Lucky Chinatown, Buddha Tooth Relic Temple (very Zen restrooms with lotus motif), Sri Mariamman Temple (must remove your shoes upon entry), Kreta Ayer Community Centre (if you are lucky, can watch Cantonese opera here) and Oriental Plaza.
    Last edited by photobum; 30th October 2008 at 04:46 PM.

  15. #75

    Default Re: I'm coming to Singapore what good spots?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    And our nurses are very chio too:

    Wah.... You call these nurses 'chio'! My ugly sister can be Miss Singapore liao.

  16. #76

    Default Re: I'm coming to Singapore what good spots?

    Quote Originally Posted by photobum View Post
    I hate to be a spoil-sport but the durians now are not as pungent as those sold many years ago. Some Caucasians I know are beginning to eat them, and they loved it.

    Really? Then I must try! Why are they less stinky now? Different breeding?


    Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    Don't worry about that. We have the first class medical facilities here just in case you're hospitalised.

    And our nurses are very chio too:


    Umm the one in front might have been okay 10 yrs ago...


    Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    This is what you put between your legs for protection when you play baseball?

    Why would you be so interested in what's between baseball players legs?


    Quote Originally Posted by photobum View Post
    Since you have only two days to visit us, let me show you a few options to add to your itinerary:

    • Taking photos around Singapore River, Esplanade, Padang, Fort Canning Park and Kampong Glam.
    • Shopping around the Golden-Triangle (ie: Peninsula, Funan and Adelphi area). Get ready your credit cards.
    • Take a bus ride to Orchard Road and Chinatown (you can't see much if you take the subway). Don't forget to purchase an EZ-Link card from any MRT station. The card will be used as a pass to ride on a bus and subway.
    • When the sun begin to set, take a stroll along Boat Quay, Clarke Quay and Robertson Walk.
    • For a historical trip, stroll along Bras Basah Road, Stamford Road, Armenian Street, Hill Steet and Victoria Street.
    • For a cultural trip, stroll along Serangoon Road (Little India), North Bridge Road (Kampong Glam) and South Bridge Road (Chinatown).
    • For cheap T-shirts and clothing, try Bugis Village, OG (Bencoolen/Chinatown/Orchard) and CK (Chinatown).
    • For bladder emergency, visit the nearest McDonald's, Burger King, KFC, MOS Burger, kopitiam (coffeeshop), MRT station, hotel, library, shopping mall, office building or sewer drain (make sure there are no ladies around of course, and remember to whistle). Other than these, get ready to pay S$0.20 per entry. If you only have US coins, use a dime (our efficient restroom manager will do the currency exchange him or herself ).

    PLEASE BE AWARE: There only a handful of FREE public toilets in the vicinity of Chinatown. They are located at Chinatown and Outram Park MRT stations, McDonald's People's Park Complex, Yue Hwa Building, OG Building, Furama Hotel, Subordinate Courts/Family Juvenile Courts (must pass through metal detectors upon entering building. Got uniformed police on guard there. Very safe), Lucky Chinatown, Buddha Tooth Relic Temple (very Zen restrooms with lotus motif), Sri Mariamman Temple (must remove your shoes upon entry), Kreta Ayer Community Centre (if you are lucky, can watch Cantonese opera here) and Oriental Plaza.
    Wow this is awesome detailed help! Thanks a lot!

  17. #77
    Senior Member Sion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    新天地
    Posts
    4,768

    Default Re: I'm coming to Singapore what good spots?

    Quote Originally Posted by photobum View Post
    Wah.... You call these nurses 'chio'! My ugly sister can be Miss Singapore liao.
    Ask her she wanna to do TFCD?

  18. #78
    Senior Member Sion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    新天地
    Posts
    4,768

    Default Re: I'm coming to Singapore what good spots?

    Quote Originally Posted by sayjaibow View Post
    Umm the one in front might have been okay 10 yrs ago...
    What about these pretty ones?


  19. #79

    Default Re: I'm coming to Singapore what good spots?

    Quote Originally Posted by sayjaibow View Post
    Really? Then I must try! Why are they less stinky now? Different breeding?
    They are shelled and refrigerated. Thus, the smell is less.
    Last edited by photobum; 31st October 2008 at 07:23 AM.

  20. #80

    Default Re: I'm coming to Singapore what good spots?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    What about these pretty ones?

    Wah.... They don't look very friendly leh.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •