24th October 2008, 11:39 PM
SIPF: The Last Weekend!!!
Dear Friends and Supporters,
If you have enjoyed the first round of exhibition put up by the Singapore International Photography Festival, the second exhibition is up now!
This is the last weekend to catch all the wonderful works before they are taken down on 1st Nov 08. If you are visiting this Saturday 25 Oct, do not miss the guided tour by Curator Terence Yeung at 2pm at 2902 Gallery. The tour is about 40 min. For those young at heart, do check out the events with attractive prizes at The Heeren Shops.
Together with the exhibition is a hard case festival publication which contains information of the artists and their selected works. For this limited edition, it is on sales now at S$48/-. You could purchase this beautiful publication at 2902 Gallery during exhibition hours.
Please note this weekend is the last series of SIPF public talks
“Crosscurrent of Fashion and Fine Art Photography” (25th Oct, 2pm),
“Emerging Artist In New York” (26th Oct, 2pm) and
“Presenting, Framing & Conserving Photographs” (26th Oct, 4pm).
All public talks are taking place at 8Q, the latest contemporary art space under Singapore Art Museum .
For Satellite Programmes, don’t forget to check out “Faster than Speed of Sound” (The Heeren Shops), “Asian Mosaics Travel Exhibition” (Old School, Art Studio) and “The Magic Moments II” (to be announced) presented by Leica with support from SMUSAIC.
26th October 2008, 10:11 AM
Last edited by Hosea; 26th October 2008 at 01:40 PM.
27th October 2008, 11:50 AM
28th October 2008, 01:32 AM
Re: SIPF: The Last Weekend!!!
Originally Posted by Hosea
The exhibition MAGIC MOMENTS II is already up at SMU Gallery (located at the School of Economics & Social Sciences, near YMCA) since last Thursday.
As for the workshop, we're still awaiting confirmation from Leica side to finalise on the exact dates. Details will be announced once it's confirmed.
Last edited by limkopi; 28th October 2008 at 01:33 AM.
28th October 2008, 01:43 AM
SIPF: On The Line
ON THE LINE - has moved from The Heeren Shops and extended till 30th Oct, 8pm.
New Location: Old School, The Hall - 11 Mount Sophia, Block B, Basement 2.
Put your works ON THE LINE from now till 30th Oct to showcase and gather public opinion on your works on-the-spot! The top 3 images gathering the highest number of votes from the public will win vouchers worth $200 each from The Heeren Shops, and $100 voucher will be awarded to 2 voters who has voted for the winning image. Winners will be announced on 31st Oct, Friday 9pm at the festival party.
Terms & Conditions:
1) Each photographer can only submit up to 5 photographs
2) Each photograph should keep within A3 print size, with at least half inch white border around the image. The minimum size is A5 or 5 x 7 inches.
3) The photographer must be sole owner of the images submitted for this event.
4) Registration is compulsory before putting up the works on the line.
5) Photographer could collect back their works from 2902 Gallery on 1st Nov, 11am – 8pm.
6) The prizes are subject to changes, but of equal value. Winners will be notified via email.
7) The Organiser is not liable for prints lost or damage, but take utmost care while the works are being exhibited.
8) The Organiser has every right to remove works from public that are offensive to the members of the public.
1) Each person is only allowed to vote for 3 images, and ranking it in first, second, third places.
2) Registration is compulsory before placing the vote.
3) Participating photographer may also vote for their favourite images.
4) The prizes are subject to changes, but of equal value. Winners will be notified via email.
For more enquiries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
28th October 2008, 10:00 AM
Re: SIPF: The Last Weekend!!!
Originally Posted by limkopi
Thanks for your update , will check it out.
Just a feedback, the update at the Old school Exhibition hall Notice board was not updated and misleading. Should put a Date rather than "today" on the up coming SIPF events.
Last edited by Hosea; 28th October 2008 at 10:05 AM.