Thread: Suitable Digi Camera for Travelling ... opinions

Default Suitable Digi Camera for Travelling ... opinions

I love to have a DSLR. am actually eyeing the canon 10D, having numerous sleepless nights, thinking. pondering, over & over, if I should take the plunge. And then the 300D comes out ...*poof* ... I just woke up hahahaha ... lol <kidding> ; oh well, that's the standard lifecycle with all electronic products, right?

While everyone is going to the DSLR path, I feel like sticking to the prosumer section for these few reasons:-

Short Video Clip
    one disadvantage of DSLR over prosumer it can't take short vidclip. I found the short vidclip feature, in my course of travelling, proved to be rather useful in documenting your sweet memories.

Size
    Prosumer are still more convienently sized for travel

SO here I am, eagering waiting for the release of 300D. And no, I'm buying the 300D, but instead of waiting for the prices of prosumer to drop. hehehehe ....

Just some of my thoughts or am I going down the wrong road (i.e by not going DSLR)?

p.s: btw, now that I got DSLR out of my mind. I going have several sleepless night on choosing which prosumer digicam now ...... oh no, not again ....

if u really like that video feature maybe sony brand ones
    u can take 640X480 unlimited

Depends on your tolerence on size, weight and price. here's my list :

At the top of the list in terms of price, performance and weight will be the new Sony F828. At 8MP, MS and CF support 28-200/f2.0 lens, this is surely the king of prosumer cameras. At 900g, its heavy too for a non-DSLR type camera. If the image quality is as good as the F717, then it will surely be outstanding.

Next ( also in terms of size, performance and price ) is the also new Minolta A1. WIth a 28-200 lens with Image Stablizer, this one is moderately light ( 600+g ) and fairly convenient for travel. At 5MP, it's no longer the king of the hill in terms of resolution though.

Next would be the G5/G3/S50. These cameras are well discussed, so nuff said.

Finally, the ultimate in travelling convenience but with lower performance will be the ultra compacts. I think the Canon S400 is outstanding in this area.

Hellbreath,
    Yeah, I was actually considering the V1. it really compact, probably too compact for me, plus the price of memory stick shhess

chriszzz,
    828 is really too heavy, Minolta A1 seems to be a good contender. the "anti-shake" feature is great (if it works). that means I don't need to bring my tripod 5mp is more then enuff for me.

I'm considering G5 too ... waiting for price to drop kekekeke ...