Marx popular amid Credit Crunch
Maybe there needs to be another economic model other than capitalism.
Even Alan Greenspan thinks he is wrong, partly:
"Those of us who have looked to the self-interest of lending institutions to protect shareholder's equity -- myself especially -- are in a state of shocked disbelief"A few interesting insights here:The congressional committee's Democratic chairman, Henry Waxman, pressed him: "You found that your view of the world, your ideology, was not right, it was not working?" Greenspan agreed: "That's precisely the reason I was shocked because I'd been going for 40 years or so with considerable evidence that it was working exceptionally well."
1. Look after yourself, no one else would.
2. 40 years of evidence still not necessarily be right. (This is Popperism for those who knows Popper.)
3. what is wrong is wrong no matter how right it may look.
4. what is right is right no matter how wrong it may look.
5. what is wrong bites back at you, very hard.
6. most of the time we dont know, we just believe, rightly or wrongly.