Thread: Outdoor expedition tripod

Default Outdoor expedition tripod

I want to know if it.s possible and cheap to buy a compact tripod , and versatile as possible.

Thx

Default Re: Outdoor expedition tripod

Quote Originally Posted by hawlisjawt View Post
    I want to know if it.s possible and cheap to buy a compact tripod , and versatile as possible.

Thx

Cheap tripods may not be the bet to hold your cam.
    Pentaxian for Life
    K1, KP, FA*28-70/2.8, FA31, 43 & FA77 Limiteds, K85/1.8, FA*200/2.8, A50/1.2

Default Re: Outdoor expedition tripod

Quote Originally Posted by hawlisjawt View Post
    Saving 100 bucks when buying a tripod can easily cost you thousand bucks for new camera / lens. Does this sound like a good deal?
    Especially when it comes to outdoor usage your tripod must be sturdy and stable to carry your equipment and to withstand wind and weather. 'Cheap' and 'compact / versatile' don't come in one package. You need to find a compromise between the features that you need (maximum load, weight, functions) and the price you can afford.
    There are ways to improve the stability of a simple tripod (hanging a bag within the legs of the tripod) but it adds weight. Many cheap tripods can't carry much weight.