Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Can Someone pls Advise...

Default Re: Can Someone pls Advise...

Quote Originally Posted by Fotophilic View Post
    take a look at ur pics to see what focal length u use most of the time.

I find 18-200 VR too big for D40/40x/60. I mean not only cosmetic wise, but also the "balance" of the weight.

if u are not too fussy abt the lens quality, built and blar blar blar, actually 18-105 VR is quite nice, if u just want convinence.

Alternatively if u have $, 16-85 VR is another highly rated lens. At a price of coz.

Thanks for your NICE Advise....

Quote Originally Posted by chunliet View Post
    1st. If u have opinion in the 1st place, u urself already can make the decision.Y have to make an effort to ask?
    2nd. i know u might be expert here. instead of giving good or nice advise to newbie, u reply with this kind of words.
    3th. why others can provide good/nice advise while u cannot.
    its 3rd, not 3th.

anyways. why make an effort to ask? in case the information you have BOTHERED to find out by yourself has been misleading you, i.e. inaccurate information or something you do not understand, something you need to clarify.

why do you desire a longer focal length - do you feel constrained by your current kit? do you hope that somehow, changing the lens will improve sharpness, improve your photographs?

i am not sure what kind of words you are referring to. bluntness is often taken as malice. if you have a clear conscience, would you take offense at what i said?

why do i prefer bluntness and speaking of what i think? because it is who i am. would you change who you are to suit a random stranger on the internet just because he wanted you to beat around the bush and give him a "nice" answer? is feigned, forced nicety SO important in life?
    Last edited by night86mare; 22nd October 2008 at 07:50 PM.

hi..
    i used to enjoy with 18-55 kit and 55-200 VR pair. then i traded the 18-55 with a 18-70, hoping for better pics..i was wrong(not satisfactory..to be more true)..so i traded those 2 lenses with a 18-200 VR..
    it was versatile lens but not so much improved/satisfactory in the image quality of my pics..can be said worse than 55-200 in that zoom range..
    unless you go for expensive lenses like 17-55 f/2.8, running around 18-55, 18-70, 18-135, 18-105 or 18-200 whatsoever will not do anything IMHO..
    just my 2 cents..
    regards,

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    its 3rd, not 3th.

anyways. why make an effort to ask? in case the information you have BOTHERED to find out by yourself has been misleading you, i.e. inaccurate information or something you do not understand, something you need to clarify.

why do you desire a longer focal length - do you feel constrained by your current kit? do you hope that somehow, changing the lens will improve sharpness, improve your photographs?

i am not sure what kind of words you are referring to. bluntness is often taken as malice. if you have a clear conscience, would you take offense at what i said?

why do i prefer bluntness and speaking of what i think? because it is who i am. would you change who you are to suit a random stranger on the internet just because he wanted you to beat around the bush and give him a "nice" answer? is feigned, forced nicety SO important in life?
    Noted.. thanks...

Quote Originally Posted by aungzawwin View Post
    hi..
    i used to enjoy with 18-55 kit and 55-200 VR pair. then i traded the 18-55 with a 18-70, hoping for better pics..i was wrong(not satisfactory..to be more true)..so i traded those 2 lenses with a 18-200 VR..
    it was versatile lens but not so much improved/satisfactory in the image quality of my pics..can be said worse than 55-200 in that zoom range..
    unless you go for expensive lenses like 17-55 f/2.8, running around 18-55, 18-70, 18-135, 18-105 or 18-200 whatsoever will not do anything IMHO..
    just my 2 cents..
    regards,
    Thanks for sharing ur experience.. Really help me alot.

Deregistered

Since U Got The 55-200 U Should Just Master The 55-200 Then u Should Go An Get A F/2.8 Lens Or Maybe Get A Wide Angle Lens Sigma 10-20 HSM

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12