Thread: Dog grooming recommendation

Default Dog grooming recommendation

hello all,

need some help here,my beloved cocker spaniel recently got quite a lot of fleas,i bought the frontline medication to apply on his neck yesterday,but the fleas still there..
    hence,i decided to get his fur shaved to get rid of the problem,any good and cheap groomer in the east side ??

cheers !

Quote Originally Posted by kex
    hello all,

need some help here,my beloved cocker spaniel recently got quite a lot of fleas,i bought the frontline medication to apply on his neck yesterday,but the fleas still there..
    hence,i decided to get his fur shaved to get rid of the problem,any good and cheap groomer in the east side ??

cheers !
    the fleas will die abt 24-48 hrs after they suck the dog's blood if u apply frontline. Since u juz applied ytd, why not u see if it takes effect? If it's not that many, can pull out the fleas.

Quote Originally Posted by Jean
    the fleas will die abt 24-48 hrs after they suck the dog's blood if u apply frontline. Since u juz applied ytd, why not u see if it takes effect? If it's not that many, can pull out the fleas.
    u mean i juz poisoned my dog with frontline ???never know frontline work this way.. will it have any side effect on my dog ??

thanks

Smile

Well, I used to get rid off them manually... ya, with my hands and help from my brothers. Like chinese saying : cut the grass, dig the root

Dont worry. Frontline is by far the best anti ticks treatment for dogs in my opinion.

I quote from their website..

"Fipronil, the active ingredient in all FRONTLINE Brand Products, is stored under your pet's skin in their oil glands. Because of this, FRONTLINE doesn't rinse off, even with repeated bathing. In fact, FRONTLINE doesn't stop working for an entire month or more, giving your dog or cat superior protection from fleas and ticks"

You are DEFINITELY not poisoning unless you feed him orally..which I HOPE you didnt. Applying on the back of the neck ensures that the dog cant reach and lick the medication.

No worries.. Hope you manage to get rid of the fleas and ticks.

Quote Originally Posted by laugh
    Dont worry. Frontline is by far the best anti ticks treatment for dogs in my opinion.

I quote from their website..

"Fipronil, the active ingredient in all FRONTLINE Brand Products, is stored under your pet's skin in their oil glands. Because of this, FRONTLINE doesn't rinse off, even with repeated bathing. In fact, FRONTLINE doesn't stop working for an entire month or more, giving your dog or cat superior protection from fleas and ticks"

You are DEFINITELY not poisoning unless you feed him orally..which I HOPE you didnt. Applying on the back of the neck ensures that the dog cant reach and lick the medication.

No worries.. Hope you manage to get rid of the fleas and ticks.
    wah..heng ar..

my dog ears have the most fleas..some very big,almost the size of a 5ct coin..
    Is frontline effective for fleas hiding in the ears ??

kindly advise..
    thanks !!!

wah..heng ar..

my dog ears have the most fleas..some very big,almost the size of a 5ct coin..
    Is frontline effective for fleas hiding in the ears ??

kindly advise..
    thanks !!!
    it should be effective, sice ears oso got blood circulating there.

Some say that garlic repel ticks also. Maybe after this episode, you can feed your dog fresh garlic regularly, 1 clove every 2-3 days or so, depending on the size of your dog. Works pretty well for mine so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Jean
    it should be effective, sice ears oso got blood circulating there.

Some say that garlic repel ticks also. Maybe after this episode, you can feed your dog fresh garlic regularly, 1 clove every 2-3 days or so, depending on the size of your dog. Works pretty well for mine so far.

eh..raw garlic or cooked one ??
    thanks for all ur advices !

eh..raw garlic or cooked one ??
    thanks for all ur advices !
    I give it raw..

Raw is the way to go!

Quote Originally Posted by laugh
    Raw is the way to go!

hahah.. din know you are starting to be active in this forum... how/z Kaiser?

I also feed my fishes garlic extract soaked with my fish food.

Works very well as garlic helps to expel ICH and also build up the immune system

Thumbs up

try this website for all yr doggie answers http://www.doggiesite.com/yabbse/index.php