Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 367891013 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 160 of 270

Thread: ClubSNAP Audiophiles thread

  1. #141

    Default Re: ClubSNAP Audiophiles thread

    Quote Originally Posted by psychobiologist View Post
    i've the LP, bought it from savannah/GA at an antique shop.. think $15 usd or something.. from 1964 there abts.. mint condition
    US$15 is a steal indeed. It probably costs 10 times more in Singapore if available.

    For example, I bought my LA4 "Just Friends" Direct-to-Disc 45 rpm from an used record shop in downtown Columbia, Missouri for US$17. In Singapore, it is retailed for over S$200!
    Last edited by photobum; 3rd November 2008 at 06:01 PM.

  2. #142
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    SGee
    Posts
    1,572

    Default Re: ClubSNAP Audiophiles thread

    Quote Originally Posted by photobum View Post
    Use it as a coaster for your ice cold one.
    , how can!! but now its collecting dust in drawer...

  3. #143
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    2,256

    Default Re: ClubSNAP Audiophiles thread

    Quote Originally Posted by photobum View Post
    US$15 is a steal indeed. It probably costs 10 times more in Singapore if available.

    For example, I bought my LA4 "Just Friends" Direct-to-Disc 45 rpm from an used record shop in downtown Columbia, Missouri for US$17. In Singapore, it is retailed for over S$200!
    ah. that is a lovely recording. i've the CD, the saxaphone's awesome
    chezburgr i can haz?

  4. #144
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    east
    Posts
    585

    Default Re: ClubSNAP Audiophiles thread

    Thinking of getting a Houston GS-01 40 watt push pull tube amp for my loth x BS-1 bookshelf, any commets on this amp? Thanks.

  5. #145
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    2,256

    Default Re: ClubSNAP Audiophiles thread

    Quote Originally Posted by kg_yew View Post
    Thinking of getting a Houston GS-01 40 watt push pull tube amp for my loth x BS-1 bookshelf, any commets on this amp? Thanks.
    houston amps? the guy who used to make them passed away like two years ago or something right? i remember his children putting up a little sale of NOS tubes, transformers and all those amplifier stuff as there wasnt anyone to take over his legacy.

    40 watt PP? running on 6550/kt88?

    if you're having a high sensitivity bookshelf like the loth you should take a peek at the single ended triodes.. esp the 2A3s
    chezburgr i can haz?

  6. #146

    Default Re: ClubSNAP Audiophiles thread

    We just had a demo of the M & D over the weekend, nice sound and soundstage:

    Nikon D750; FM2; FG; 55mm Micro Nikkor; 28-300 VR; 70-200 VR; Nikon V1 + 10-30mm

  7. #147
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    84

    Default Re: Club Snap Audiophiles thread

    ...my humble gear - SunAudio SV-2A3, custom made 6V6 preamp from Hong Kong, Sanyo Plus T55 tuner, Marantz CD72 SE, custom made NOS dac, Sony PS1, Philips AD12202 in OB, Neotech cables.
    TV + Heathkit AA151 amp, Sony PS1, Visaton B200 in OB, Fostex FE103E in DIY TQWT cabs, Neotech cables.

  8. #148
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    493

    Default Re: ClubSNAP Audiophiles thread

    hi all
    I'm looking to get a set of cans but have no idea what to get
    I'm not brand concious but only ask that the cans are circumaural ( to isolate me from noisy classmates when studying ) , comfortable and the sounds nice.

    my budget is around $100

    thanks!

    ps: I have went down to Jaben to try some headphones and really liked the Denon AH1001 but its a little to ex for me

  9. #149

    Default Re: ClubSNAP Audiophiles thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Grey Knight View Post
    hi all
    I'm looking to get a set of cans but have no idea what to get
    I'm not brand concious but only ask that the cans are circumaural ( to isolate me from noisy classmates when studying ) , comfortable and the sounds nice.

    my budget is around $100

    thanks!
    Wrong thread.... This is an audiophile hi-fi thread.

    For discussion on headphones and earphones, post here.

  10. #150

    Default Re: ClubSNAP Audiophiles thread

    I wouldn't say that
    Headphones can be audiophile too...
    I use Sennheiser HD 515s - love them (I have 3 pairs)
    $100 may get you a mid-range Sony, or a low end Koss / Sennheiser, you can try some of the shops in Sim Lim, Hung Bros on level 3 for example.
    Nikon D750; FM2; FG; 55mm Micro Nikkor; 28-300 VR; 70-200 VR; Nikon V1 + 10-30mm

  11. #151

    Default Re: ClubSNAP Audiophiles thread

    Quote Originally Posted by petetherock View Post
    I wouldn't say that
    Headphones can be audiophile too...
    I understand that some people considered headphones 'audiophile', but when there is a dedicated thread on headphones/earphones. Why OT here?

    Let us stay within the topic and make this place less cluttered and more pleasant for bona fide hi-fi audiophiles, like you and me.
    Last edited by photobum; 29th November 2008 at 08:01 AM.

  12. #152
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    493

    Default Re: ClubSNAP Audiophiles thread

    sorry guys
    thanks for the redirect!

  13. #153

    Default Re: ClubSNAP Audiophiles thread

    Spent a few days of leave playing with my new Denon AVR 2809 acting as a HT processor, lots of fun!




    Nikon D750; FM2; FG; 55mm Micro Nikkor; 28-300 VR; 70-200 VR; Nikon V1 + 10-30mm

  14. #154

    Default Re: ClubSNAP Audiophiles thread

    Nice.....

    I wanted to buy a Yamaha RX-V1800 AV Receiver by this month, but it looks like my bonus is going to be cut.

  15. #155

    Default Re: ClubSNAP Audiophiles thread

    The 1800 is old dude...
    Get the 1900 for about $1800 or so
    Quote Originally Posted by photobum View Post
    Nice.....

    I wanted to buy a Yamaha RX-V1800 AV Receiver by this month, but it looks like my bonus is going to be cut.
    Nikon D750; FM2; FG; 55mm Micro Nikkor; 28-300 VR; 70-200 VR; Nikon V1 + 10-30mm

  16. #156

    Default Re: ClubSNAP Audiophiles thread

    Looking for advice. I am looking for a pair of floor standing speakers for my system. I am using a Yamaha DSP A3090 amp and Marantz SA7001 SACD player. I have the following options based on my limited $$$
    1. Dali Concept 8
    2. Quad 21L
    3. Klipsch RS62
    My listening preference is vocals, jazz, latin american music...some pop.
    TIA.

  17. #157

    Default Re: ClubSNAP Audiophiles thread

    Quote Originally Posted by FireHouse View Post
    Looking for advice. I am looking for a pair of floor standing speakers for my system. I am using a Yamaha DSP A3090 amp and Marantz SA7001 SACD player. I have the following options based on my limited $$$
    1. Dali Concept 8
    2. Quad 21L
    3. Klipsch RS62
    My listening preference is vocals, jazz, latin american music...some pop.
    TIA.
    i would go for the quad 21L. being a 2way system @89dB shall be easier to be driven by your Yamaha amp. good for music and movies. BTW, i had a Quad 22L version 1. tight bass, sweet mid, wide soundstage. i think 21L should be 1500bucks now for the 2nd version. they r made in china.. so don't expect much

  18. #158

    Default Re: ClubSNAP Audiophiles thread

    Thanks Dreaming.
    I had a chance to listen to the Dali on Sat. Will be heading over to Adelphi tomorrow to listen to the Quad.

  19. #159

    Default Re: ClubSNAP Audiophiles thread

    have u thought of getting a dedicated integrated amplifier instead of the DSP amp?

  20. #160

    Default Re: ClubSNAP Audiophiles thread

    This may not be what you want to hear, but it is imperative that you hear them for yourself.

    Each of these gives a very different sound quality. BTW I have the KI version of the 7001, nice stuff

    Quote Originally Posted by FireHouse View Post
    Looking for advice. I am looking for a pair of floor standing speakers for my system. I am using a Yamaha DSP A3090 amp and Marantz SA7001 SACD player. I have the following options based on my limited $$$
    1. Dali Concept 8
    2. Quad 21L
    3. Klipsch RS62
    My listening preference is vocals, jazz, latin american music...some pop.
    TIA.
    Nikon D750; FM2; FG; 55mm Micro Nikkor; 28-300 VR; 70-200 VR; Nikon V1 + 10-30mm

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 367891013 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •