Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 367891013 ... LastLast

Thread: ClubSNAP Audiophiles thread

Default Re: ClubSNAP Audiophiles thread

Quote Originally Posted by psychobiologist View Post
    i've the LP, bought it from savannah/GA at an antique shop.. think $15 usd or something.. from 1964 there abts.. mint condition
    US$15 is a steal indeed. It probably costs 10 times more in Singapore if available.

For example, I bought my LA4 "Just Friends" Direct-to-Disc 45 rpm from an used record shop in downtown Columbia, Missouri for US$17. In Singapore, it is retailed for over S$200!
    Last edited by photobum; 3rd November 2008 at 06:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by photobum View Post
    Use it as a coaster for your ice cold one.
    , how can!! but now its collecting dust in drawer...

US$15 is a steal indeed. It probably costs 10 times more in Singapore if available.

For example, I bought my LA4 "Just Friends" Direct-to-Disc 45 rpm from an used record shop in downtown Columbia, Missouri for US$17. In Singapore, it is retailed for over S$200!
    ah. that is a lovely recording. i've the CD, the saxaphone's awesome
    chezburgr i can haz?

Thinking of getting a Houston GS-01 40 watt push pull tube amp for my loth x BS-1 bookshelf, any commets on this amp? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by kg_yew View Post
    Thinking of getting a Houston GS-01 40 watt push pull tube amp for my loth x BS-1 bookshelf, any commets on this amp? Thanks.
    houston amps? the guy who used to make them passed away like two years ago or something right? i remember his children putting up a little sale of NOS tubes, transformers and all those amplifier stuff as there wasnt anyone to take over his legacy.

40 watt PP? running on 6550/kt88?

if you're having a high sensitivity bookshelf like the loth you should take a peek at the single ended triodes.. esp the 2A3s
    chezburgr i can haz?

We just had a demo of the M & D over the weekend, nice sound and soundstage:

Nikon D750; FM2; FG; 55mm Micro Nikkor; 28-300 VR; 70-200 VR; Nikon V1 + 10-30mm

Default Re: Club Snap Audiophiles thread

...my humble gear - SunAudio SV-2A3, custom made 6V6 preamp from Hong Kong, Sanyo Plus T55 tuner, Marantz CD72 SE, custom made NOS dac, Sony PS1, Philips AD12202 in OB, Neotech cables.
    TV + Heathkit AA151 amp, Sony PS1, Visaton B200 in OB, Fostex FE103E in DIY TQWT cabs, Neotech cables.

hi all
    I'm looking to get a set of cans but have no idea what to get
    I'm not brand concious but only ask that the cans are circumaural ( to isolate me from noisy classmates when studying ) , comfortable and the sounds nice.

my budget is around $100

thanks!

ps: I have went down to Jaben to try some headphones and really liked the Denon AH1001 but its a little to ex for me

Quote Originally Posted by Grey Knight View Post
    hi all
    I'm looking to get a set of cans but have no idea what to get
    I'm not brand concious but only ask that the cans are circumaural ( to isolate me from noisy classmates when studying ) , comfortable and the sounds nice.

my budget is around $100

thanks!
    Wrong thread.... This is an audiophile hi-fi thread.

For discussion on headphones and earphones, post here.

I wouldn't say that
    Headphones can be audiophile too...
    I use Sennheiser HD 515s - love them (I have 3 pairs)
    $100 may get you a mid-range Sony, or a low end Koss / Sennheiser, you can try some of the shops in Sim Lim, Hung Bros on level 3 for example.
    Nikon D750; FM2; FG; 55mm Micro Nikkor; 28-300 VR; 70-200 VR; Nikon V1 + 10-30mm

Quote Originally Posted by petetherock View Post
    I wouldn't say that
    Headphones can be audiophile too...
    I understand that some people considered headphones 'audiophile', but when there is a dedicated thread on headphones/earphones. Why OT here?

Let us stay within the topic and make this place less cluttered and more pleasant for bona fide hi-fi audiophiles, like you and me.
    Last edited by photobum; 29th November 2008 at 08:01 AM.

sorry guys
    thanks for the redirect!

Spent a few days of leave playing with my new Denon AVR 2809 acting as a HT processor, lots of fun!

Nice.....

I wanted to buy a Yamaha RX-V1800 AV Receiver by this month, but it looks like my bonus is going to be cut.

The 1800 is old dude...
    Get the 1900 for about $1800 or so
    Nice.....

I wanted to buy a Yamaha RX-V1800 AV Receiver by this month, but it looks like my bonus is going to be cut.

Looking for advice. I am looking for a pair of floor standing speakers for my system. I am using a Yamaha DSP A3090 amp and Marantz SA7001 SACD player. I have the following options based on my limited $$$
    1. Dali Concept 8
    2. Quad 21L
    3. Klipsch RS62
    My listening preference is vocals, jazz, latin american music...some pop.
    TIA.

Quote Originally Posted by FireHouse View Post
    Looking for advice. I am looking for a pair of floor standing speakers for my system. I am using a Yamaha DSP A3090 amp and Marantz SA7001 SACD player. I have the following options based on my limited $$$
    1. Dali Concept 8
    2. Quad 21L
    3. Klipsch RS62
    TIA.
    i would go for the quad 21L. being a 2way system @89dB shall be easier to be driven by your Yamaha amp. good for music and movies. BTW, i had a Quad 22L version 1. tight bass, sweet mid, wide soundstage. i think 21L should be 1500bucks now for the 2nd version. they r made in china.. so don't expect much

Thanks Dreaming.
    I had a chance to listen to the Dali on Sat. Will be heading over to Adelphi tomorrow to listen to the Quad.

have u thought of getting a dedicated integrated amplifier instead of the DSP amp?

This may not be what you want to hear, but it is imperative that you hear them for yourself.

Each of these gives a very different sound quality. BTW I have the KI version of the 7001, nice stuff

Quote Originally Posted by FireHouse View Post
    1. Dali Concept 8
    2. Quad 21L
    3. Klipsch RS62
    TIA.

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 367891013 ... LastLast