Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3456710 ... LastLast

Thread: ClubSNAP Audiophiles thread

Smile Re: ClubSNAP Audiophiles thread

i listened to david gates goodbye girl, amanda mcbroom dreaming and bread manna.

Default Re: ClubSNAP Audiophiles thread

Quote Originally Posted by reachme2003 View Post
    i listened to david gates goodbye girl, amanda mcbroom dreaming and bread manna.
    Amanda Mcbroom 'Dreaming' - good balance of bass and vocals IMO.

Amanda Mcbroom & Lincoln Mayorga 'West of Oz' (Sheffield Lab). Have some tracks good for late night listening.
    Last edited by teerex; 24th October 2008 at 03:31 PM.
    Before you embark on a journey of revenge, dig two graves.
    teerex@myinfrared.com

Smile Re: ClubSNAP Audiophiles thread

makes me want to hook my system back again to listen. maybe, this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by teerex View Post
    Has anyone used Sheffield/XLO Test & Burn-in CD?
    I have this burn-in CD. However, I find the original 'The Sheffield Drum Record' to be better and more effective.

Quote Originally Posted by photobum View Post
    I have this burn-in CD. However, I find the original 'The Sheffield Drum Record' to be better and more effective.
    i've the sheffield drum test disc.. track 4 is nice.. :P
    chezburgr i can haz?

Telarc CD-80342. Reich Kunzel, Cincinnati Pops Orchestra has lots of movie themes.

Track 3 - 46sec of deep bass thumping of T Rex walking (Jurassic Park)

Some of the themes I like on this CD:-
    - Jurassic Park - Main Theme
    - The Abyss - End Titles
    - Clash of the Titans - Main Titles
    - Total Recall - Main Titles

Has anyone used Sheffield/XLO Test & Burn-in CD? It's supposed to be used for burning in cables, components and speakers.
    Seems to be it's just some low/high frequencies recordings from a tone generator. Supposed to let it run for hours to do the burning in.
    Is this any good or does it have any effect on the system at all
    They still have that!!????? I bought 3 of them for longevity. Use that to test and burning my hifi system too. Alas...all 3 are not longer with me...from borrowed and never return to succumbing to wear and tear.

Can you still buy them in Singapore?????? heh.. Been a long time.

I just finish clearing up my AR M2 speakers and it works great as replacement to my PC's 2.1 sound system if I ever want too heh. I think the Sheffied will be a great help to burning in the speaks after being inactive for a few years.

If some one knows where to get them..let me know. I bought all 3 from a hifi shop at Adelphi in the late 90s. Have not been there in a while so if it is still there you can find a copy...I will make a trip down man. I swear by that CD that it works!!!.......

i luv to use terminator theme, that metallic sounds are simply awesome.
    Telarc CD-80342. Reich Kunzel, Cincinnati Pops Orchestra has lots of movie themes.
    [ Flickr ]

Quote Originally Posted by sammy888 View Post
    They still have that!!????? I bought 3 of them for longevity. Use that to test and burning my hifi system too. Alas...all 3 are not longer with me...from borrowed and never return to succumbing to wear and tear.

I just finish clearing up my AR M2 speakers and it works great as replacement to my PC's 2.1 sound system if I ever want too heh. I think the Sheffied will be a great help to burning in the speaks after being inactive for a few years.

If some one knows where to get them..let me know. I bought all 3 from a hifi shop at Adelphi in the late 90s. Have not been there in a while so if it is still there you can find a copy...I will make a trip down man. I swear by that CD that it works!!!.......
    I'm not sure if they still have it on sale. Bought mine in the '90s, still with me to this day.

Think I'll run it for my RXV-663.
    Last edited by teerex; 24th October 2008 at 10:27 PM.
    Before you embark on a journey of revenge, dig two graves.
    teerex@myinfrared.com

I'm not sure if they still have it on sale. Bought mine in the '90s, still with me to this day.

Think I'll run it for my RXV-663.
    heheh that was why I bought 3 copies to keep in case they stop selling it but alas...3 copies also not enough. I should have clone them heheheheh....

Cost me $50 each back then! But it was worth every cents. Great for repositioning my setup and once the wires gets demagnetisied and the speakers fully "burned in"...the Halographic reproduction of my speakers was more pronounced.

Hopefully I can find another copy of it. This thread is recapturing my former old itch of playing hifi stuff again heheh..... not good.

So anybody attending the International Sound & Sight Exhibition 2008 this weekend? I intend to go tomorrow sat.
    Canon 80D|Panasonic LX3/LX5
    35f2 IS|50f1.8|85f1.8|12-24f4|18-135f4-5.6 IS|28-75f2.8

Just went earlier today.

First Discs:

Blu Ray discs are not that cheap, even with the $15 - so what's new. Those who shop online will get better deals.

Music Discs - there is a $20 harmonica one which is nice, the rest are the usual high pitch female solo voice, decide based on your tastes. Some 'audiophile stuff'

Demos:
    The Ong Radio was disappointing, esp since they cost so much. Their forte is not HT. The Meridien one was not bad, but actually the much cheaper Pioneer demo was decent. But I have seen much better in many brothers' homes

I didn't really explore the music rooms much, but the Dynaudio Excites, failed to excite... too much bass and treble energy.

Video:

The Pioneer plasmas are way better than the rest, its quite obvious, but they also cost a lot more, so you decide based on your pockets.
    Nikon D750; FM2; FG; 55mm Micro Nikkor; 28-300 VR; 70-200 VR; Nikon V1 + 10-30mm

Quote Originally Posted by petetherock View Post
    Just went earlier today.

First Discs:

Blu Ray discs are not that cheap, even with the $15 - so what's new. Those who shop online will get better deals.

Music Discs - there is a $20 harmonica one which is nice, the rest are the usual high pitch female solo voice, decide based on your tastes. Some 'audiophile stuff'

Demos:
    The Ong Radio was disappointing, esp since they cost so much. Their forte is not HT. The Meridien one was not bad, but actually the much cheaper Pioneer demo was decent. But I have seen much better in many brothers' homes

I didn't really explore the music rooms much, but the Dynaudio Excites, failed to excite... too much bass and treble energy.

Video:

The Pioneer plasmas are way better than the rest, its quite obvious, but they also cost a lot more, so you decide based on your pockets.
    So how do you find the new place, compared to Meridien Hotel?
    Canon 80D|Panasonic LX3/LX5
    35f2 IS|50f1.8|85f1.8|12-24f4|18-135f4-5.6 IS|28-75f2.8

using a budget setup for bedroom..

diy 2a3
    spendor s3e
    goodman 12" axiom as subwoofer (cuz of the anaemic bass from 2a3+inefficient spendor)

computer audio wise..
    a pair of charios with a nuforce icon..

've lots of stuff in other rooms and living room as well...but lazy to take picture..
    another pair of spendor s3e driven by sae class a monoblocks (vintage), infinity rs1b driven by couple of 6550 monoblocks (200w).. a rega planet cdp.. pair of rogers ls4a2.. polk audio 10b.. a 35watt transistor amp etc..
    chezburgr i can haz?

Quote Originally Posted by sammy888 View Post
    Try Roxy Music House on level 3 of Adelphi. If they are out of it, then go to Disc Village located on the same level behind Weng Onn Tools.
    Last edited by photobum; 25th October 2008 at 10:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by psychobiologist View Post
    diy 2a3
    spendor s3e
    goodman 12" axiom as subwoofer (cuz of the anaemic bass from 2a3+inefficient spendor)

computer audio wise..
    a pair of charios with a nuforce icon..
    Wah... I notice a can of Dettol spray and Del Monte tomato sauce. Are they part of your sound treatment?

Quote Originally Posted by kelccm View Post
    So anybody attending the International Sound & Sight Exhibition 2008 this weekend? I intend to go tomorrow sat.
    I better stay far, far away from this event..... Otherwise, kenna poisoned again.

It took me more than 5 years to remove all that 'hi-fi' poison from my body.
    Last edited by photobum; 25th October 2008 at 07:20 AM.

Hi guys and gals, how do you keep the heat out of the room from the amp? The amp seems to rise the temp by 2-3 degrees.

Quote Originally Posted by NMSS_2 View Post
    Hi guys and gals, how do you keep the heat out of the room from the amp? The amp seems to rise the temp by 2-3 degrees.
    Air-condition the room lor..... If not, try liquid nitrogen.

Actually I prefer this place, its easier to find parking, even though the lots opposite the hotel have been removed.
    Plus, there is lots of good food after the show.
    But this year the show is more modest, and I didn't find a lot of bargains. I guess only the high end is unafffected so there may still be takers for these items.

Quote Originally Posted by kelccm View Post
    So how do you find the new place, compared to Meridien Hotel?
    Nikon D750; FM2; FG; 55mm Micro Nikkor; 28-300 VR; 70-200 VR; Nikon V1 + 10-30mm

Quote Originally Posted by photobum View Post
    Try Roxy Music House on level 3 of Adelphi. If they are out of it, then go to Disc Village located on the same level behind Wong Tools.
    Thanks! will go check it out!....

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3456710 ... LastLast