Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 6910111213 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 220 of 270

Thread: ClubSNAP Audiophiles thread

  1. #201
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    SGee
    Posts
    1,572

    Default Re: ClubSNAP Audiophiles thread

    Quote Originally Posted by bigbird17 View Post
    eh dun need i guess if u maintain nicely.. just clean the contacts maybe.
    Quote Originally Posted by photobum View Post
    Not necessary lah...

    I am using a pair of more than 15 years old Monster Cable interconnects for my tuner. It still sounded very much the same. By the way, part of the cable is badly oxidized, but I don't think this affects its performance.

    Tip: use Philips contact cleaner to remove dirt and stain around the contact area.
    hi guyz, thanks for ur insights. i was told by a salesperson i should change interconnects/cables every few years. my interconnect are still good.

    lucky never listen to that crap. he's out to make a quick buck!

  2. #202

    Default Re: ClubSNAP Audiophiles thread

    Cables that are made well usually last.
    My Cable Talk is about 10 years old. But the cheap ones will oxidise and that will affect performance.

    Quote Originally Posted by sORe-EyEz View Post
    hi guyz, thanks for ur insights. i was told by a salesperson i should change interconnects/cables every few years. my interconnect are still good.

    lucky never listen to that crap. he's out to make a quick buck!
    Nikon D750; FM2; FG; 55mm Micro Nikkor; 28-300 VR; 70-200 VR; Nikon V1 + 10-30mm

  3. #203
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    SGee
    Posts
    1,572

    Default Re: ClubSNAP Audiophiles thread

    Quote Originally Posted by petetherock View Post
    Cables that are made well usually last.
    My Cable Talk is about 10 years old. But the cheap ones will oxidise and that will affect performance.
    it was cheap few years ago.

    brand : Sonic Link
    model : Red
    price : $65

    now still good. but i dun think the brand still around. QED cheap oso like above $90 for interconnect.

  4. #204

    Default Re: ClubSNAP Audiophiles thread

    Quote Originally Posted by photobum View Post
    I agree....

    Most Dynaudio speakers are not easy to drive.
    Then get Dynaudio Acoustics powered monitors.

  5. #205

    Default Re: ClubSNAP Audiophiles thread

    More than a week after getting my new setup and running it in every night....it is sounding better.
    I am using the QED interconnects ($139).
    Cheers

  6. #206
    Moderator teerex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    4,883

    Default Re: ClubSNAP Audiophiles thread

    Any recommendations for CDs for good vocals and bass.

    I'm looking for some of those like where you go to Pubs for a relaxing drink with a simple live band and singer type of songs.

    Thanks
    Before you embark on a journey of revenge, dig two graves.
    teerex@myinfrared.com

  7. #207
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    2,256

    Default Re: ClubSNAP Audiophiles thread

    Quote Originally Posted by petetherock View Post
    Its not the size of the woofer, you can listen to the RS 6 or RS 8, both are quite bassy.
    size has a role to play though. its not abt the amount of bass, but the quality of it.

    i've been too used to fast/big sounding bass that most of the time only 10-12" vintage paper cone drivers can give that sound
    chezburgr i can haz?

  8. #208
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    2,256

    Default Re: ClubSNAP Audiophiles thread

    Quote Originally Posted by sORe-EyEz View Post
    i'll like to know the opinions of folks here on the need to replace interconnects after a few years.

    is there a lifespan for it? for that matter, any other cable?
    if you are using good interconnects, with good insulation etc, it will last for quite many years.. even a decade or so.

    but surprisingly my 10yr old straight wire interconnects have started oxidising.. not at the terminal end but length wise.. there are effects on the sound.. it becomes more mellow.. at the expense of clarity
    chezburgr i can haz?

  9. #209

    Default Re: ClubSNAP Audiophiles thread

    Quote Originally Posted by teerex View Post
    Any recommendations for CDs for good vocals and bass.

    I'm looking for some of those like where you go to Pubs for a relaxing drink with a simple live band and singer type of songs.

    Thanks
    You can try Diana Krall (All For You), Renee Olstead (Renee Olstead)...jazz stuff.

  10. #210
    Member LCRaymon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Northern
    Posts
    72

    Default Re: ClubSNAP Audiophiles thread

    Anyone for rock music? Deep Purple ,Led Zeppelin, Santana?

  11. #211
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    SGee
    Posts
    1,572

    Default Re: ClubSNAP Audiophiles thread

    Quote Originally Posted by psychobiologist View Post
    if you are using good interconnects, with good insulation etc, it will last for quite many years.. even a decade or so.

    but surprisingly my 10yr old straight wire interconnects have started oxidising.. not at the terminal end but length wise.. there are effects on the sound.. it becomes more mellow.. at the expense of clarity
    that may be good news for my current set-up. its on the bright side, but i will not try hasten the process.

  12. #212

    Default Re: ClubSNAP Audiophiles thread

    The usual suspects...

    Emil Chau, Tanya Chua and a lot of the discs under the Chesky Label make for decent listening too
    Try the Audiophile Voices SACD.
    Quote Originally Posted by FireHouse View Post
    You can try Diana Krall (All For You), Renee Olstead (Renee Olstead)...jazz stuff.
    Nikon D750; FM2; FG; 55mm Micro Nikkor; 28-300 VR; 70-200 VR; Nikon V1 + 10-30mm

  13. #213

    Default Re: ClubSNAP Audiophiles thread

    Quote Originally Posted by teerex View Post
    Any recommendations for CDs for good vocals and bass.
    Jennifer Warnes - 'The Hunter'. Try track 8 for bass.

    James Taylor's Greatest Hits
    Last edited by photobum; 18th December 2008 at 08:09 AM.

  14. #214

    Default Re: ClubSNAP Audiophiles thread

    Quote Originally Posted by psychobiologist View Post
    but surprisingly my 10yr old straight wire interconnects have started oxidising..
    My 17 year-old Straightwire Maestro interconnects are still serving me well. Nothing have change much in its sound characteristics.

  15. #215
    Moderator teerex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    4,883

    Default Re: ClubSNAP Audiophiles thread

    Thanks for the recommendations guys, much appreciated.
    Will check out those discs. More?
    Before you embark on a journey of revenge, dig two graves.
    teerex@myinfrared.com

  16. #216

    Default Re: ClubSNAP Audiophiles thread

    Quote Originally Posted by teerex View Post
    Thanks for the recommendations guys, much appreciated.
    Will check out those discs. More?
    Ah.... One more came to my mind.

    Rickie Lee Jones - "Pop pop" (but it is rare and hard to find now. Must go to 'audiophile' CD stores, or HMV at Heeren).
    Last edited by photobum; 18th December 2008 at 08:15 AM.

  17. #217

    Default Re: ClubSNAP Audiophiles thread

    Quote Originally Posted by LCRaymon View Post
    Anyone for rock music? Deep Purple ,Led Zeppelin, Santana?
    Yup...also a big fan of Paul Rogers (Bad Co) and solid stuff DP (Machine Head...my all time fav)...Stairways....Samba Pati....I had a rocking good time then....solid stuff

  18. #218

    Default Re: ClubSNAP Audiophiles thread

    Quote Originally Posted by teerex View Post
    Any recommendations for CDs for good vocals and bass.

    I'm looking for some of those like where you go to Pubs for a relaxing drink with a simple live band and singer type of songs.

    Thanks
    http://www.discogs.com/viewimages?release=1516795
    for bass, drum and etc.
    track 15 only O-Zone Percussion Group, The Jazz Variants (8:13)

    this track will suck the woofer many millimeter inward..

    another nice track will be
    12. Livingston Taylor - Grandma's Hands 1:44

    btw, this album is expensive, and 2 nice tracks only..
    Last edited by dreaming; 18th December 2008 at 10:06 AM.

  19. #219

    Default Re: ClubSNAP Audiophiles thread

    Quote Originally Posted by FireHouse View Post
    Yup...also a big fan of Paul Rogers (Bad Co) and solid stuff DP (Machine Head...my all time fav)...Stairways....Samba Pati....I had a rocking good time then....solid stuff
    hard rock: Metallica - all album, Gun n Roses greatest 1 & 2, Nirvana - Nevermind,

    Urban: Black eyed peas - Elephunk


  20. #220
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    2,256

    Default Re: ClubSNAP Audiophiles thread

    Quote Originally Posted by photobum View Post
    My 17 year-old Straightwire Maestro interconnects are still serving me well. Nothing have change much in its sound characteristics.
    well maybe your place has a lower humidity that my side. i've other interconnects that has been in used for almost a decade, and when i decided to dissect one of them, the shielding's terribly oxidised already, except not visible till you destroy it by cutting it open length wise
    chezburgr i can haz?

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 6910111213 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •